• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

K31

MJ1

..............:cool:...............

jK7eXWa.jpg

Nice! I’ve had a K31 on the list for a long time. Never been able to find the right one.

Straight pulls are really neat

Love the K31

Friend had a Ross(?) years back....he was always afraid to shoot the thing.....they had a reputation for not remaining in battery......
Partly the reason I chose to replace my K31 with a Swedish Mauser...

the original GP11 is a 174g pellet of great precision. Get you 600 yard on !

IaepQMF.jpg
do you have a source for GP11 projectiles ? Love to get some original gp11 bullets and load up all my GP11 brass.
My shooting is at 200 yards 98% of the time. No need for heavy bullets when hunting Xs at 200 yards or less.

Obvs different guns like different loads.

But all things equal and within reason I find that the heavier projectile that is closest to whatever the normal issued ammo or .mil match ammo may be yields best/most consistent results

Also, heavier projectiles handle wind a whole lot better, again within reason

110 vs 155 is a pretty big difference, I would expect wind to play havoc with the 110's no?

I havent heard of many people getting significantly better hand load results over GP 11. Are you?
compared to the lot of gp11 I had (500 rds) i get equal results with almost any bullet.
my highest K31 scores at cmp have been with reloads.
110-130s do very well at 200 yards. The wind does not really play havoc 200 yards or less even with 110s
i wont be getting past 200 yards anytime soon unless I go shoot some NRA service rifle with the AR.

do you have a source for GP11 projectiles ? Love to get some original gp11 bullets and load up all my GP11 brass.
My shooting is at 200 yards 98% of the time. No need for heavy bullets when hunting Xs at 200 yards or less.

No I don't but some years ago there was talk about importing some but the Swiss connection said there were some legal issues so it died. 168 and 174g Match Kings will have to do. I still have an open partial case of GP11 about 140 rounds in the small boxes and two full cases.

I also no longer have a range over 200 yards within 100 miles. Hard times.

Straight pulls are really neat

Love the K31

Friend had a Ross(?) years back....he was always afraid to shoot the thing.....they had a reputation for not remaining in battery......

With some Ross rifles, the shooter can re-assemble the bolt backwards, which results in kabooms. Ross rifles are also basically match rifles that have too tight of tolerances to be combat rifles. Forgotten Weapons and C&Rsenal have good videos on the Ross and owning and shooting it.

No I don't but some years ago there was talk about importing some but the Swiss connection said there were some legal issues so it died. 168 and 174g Match Kings will have to do. I still have an open partial case of GP11 about 140 rounds in the small boxes and two full cases.

I also no longer have a range over 200 yards within 100 miles. Hard times.
Yeah , i feel lucky to have as many ranges in my area with a few going to 200 yards.
Another advantage to the 110s is less recoil and muzzle flip .

I've been looking for a Ross since the '90s. They're all too expensive.

I'm always hoping I'll see one in some sort of consignment place offered by some rubes who don't know what they have... Gartman had one for $300, badly sportered, and I thought about getting it many times.

Back
Top Bottom