• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kahr p9/pm9 question

shotgunwilly870

NES Member
I'm looking for a new cc gun and I'm considering the kahr p9 or pm9 looking for some input any likes or dislikes about these or should I check out something else? I have large hands and I'm not sure if the p9 would be better or if the pm9 is still a manageable size

These have been on my list to acquire for some time now and I've read every thread about them that has been discussed. From that I have gathered that they are essentially the same, except that the P9 has a longer handgrip so it is more comfortable to hold and shoot. The downside is that for concealing, the handlegrip is the part that presents challenges to conceal, so the PM9 wins there. If you are looking to pocket carry, or have it be as compact as possible, then go with the PM9. I would imagine that the P9 would be much more comfortable to actually use for range shooting, though.

Hey man,

I have a pm9 and use it for warm weather ccw. It is a great gun overall. It is obviously very small but, with practice, you should be able to shoot it well. I'd suggest going to a shop and handle one. It absolutely disappears when concealing (even with a kydex owb holster). I bought the pinky extensions for my 2 spare magazines and carry it with the flush baseplate (more concealable).

One big downside is price.....I paid $700. But when you compare it it similar small 9mm guns (kel tec pf9' ruger lc9, etc) the kahr quality stands out in my opinion. If you want to save some $ look at the cm9...same size pretty much the same gun as the pm9 (a few machining differences I think). Not sure if you'll be able to find one in ma though.

Hope this helped!

Josh

Feel free to pm me with any other questions.

I just got myself a PM 9 with crimson trace for 650, i live in nh and it's the mass compliant model aside from the external safety and lci the triggers actually better on the mass compliant ones because there's a external safety. I love it it fits the hand great it's light, very nice looking. I've found no problem with it at all definitely one of my favorite guns I've purchased.

I have one. great pocket gun. Mine is free state version, but it shoots better than the second, MA compliant model I bought, so I sold that one. Pinky extension- yes. I have large(ish) hands, and am able to shoot it fairly well.

ETA- I have the PM9

Back
Top Bottom