Kerry: Foreign students 'scared' of guns in U.S.

"We had an interesting discussion about why fewer students are coming to, particularly from Japan, to study in the United States, and one of the responses I got from our officials from conversations with parents here is that they're actually scared. They think they're not safe in the United States and so they don't come," Kerry said.

vs.

Figures have shown international study is down markedly among Japanese students to all destinations, including the United States. Experts have attributed the decline to Japan's low birthrate, the expense of foreign study in a poor economy, and a desire among Japanese young people to remain at home rather than venture to other countries.

Glad CNN pointed out that Kerry is talking out his ass.

"We had an interesting discussion about why fewer students are coming to, particularly from Japan, to study in the United States, and one of the responses I got from our officials from conversations with parents here is that they're actually scared. They think they're not safe in the United States and so they don't come," Kerry said.

ONE. ONE person. In Japan. One person in Japan is afraid of guns. Because they don't understand them, and the only things this person has seen or read about them, is about how criminals use them to do bad things.
So instead of using it as a teachable moment and how the Second Amendment means freedom, "our" Secretary of State throws our entire history under the bus. a**h***.

Really? Then why do I get emails from foreign students in Boston asking if Comm2A's win in Fletcher will allow them to have a gun while they're in the states?

This is the correct response.

To the rest, stop being xenophobes. You want smart people immigrating to this country. Further, many of them realize what really distinguishes this country from the rest and become gun owners. Fletcher from the Comm2A case, Steve Moysey from GOAL, June4th, Henson Ong (google the video of his testimony in CT) and a number of others on NES are good examples.

You should also realize that Kerry is FOS.

In gun-free LA and Chicago, international students wandered into certain areas and then got robbed at gun point and/or killed. News reports abroad on these events have a broad audience. The students need to learn not to go to those gun-free streets. Their parents are more concerned than the students. So please, if you know any international students, tell them to avoid those danger zones.

And yeah, Kerry made the comments based on a scientific poll of probably 2 people, one of them a prospect student's mom and the other an Embassy official.

Last edited:
I was in a laboratory in graduate school and we had a ton a mainland Chinese, Indian, Bangladeshi and Pakistani students. I took a few to the range and each of them loved it. The former British subjects were especially interested, and understood why guns are important. I usually brought an Enfield and I loved hearing them call it a "thrrrree - ought - thrrrree".

We have a Korean exchange student living with our family for the school year. We took him into Shooters Outpost and he was a little freaked out by all the guns, just not something he was used to. The next day, we took him shooting and I taught him how to safely handle a gun, now he's hooked and can't wait to go again...

Sorry John F'ing Kerry...

Then tell them to stay in their country. You know, the ones with no rights.

Yup...

King O and the rest need to remember why the US hasn't been invaded, or even had an attempt on the mainland. With as many armed citizens as we have here (many millions), no army in it's right mind would attempt to invade. But, if the .gov disarms us, we're wide open to attack from anyone that wants to give it a shot.

We have a Korean exchange student living with our family for the school year. We took him into Shooters Outpost and he was a little freaked out by all the guns, just not something he was used to. The next day, we took him shooting and I taught him how to safely handle a gun, now he's hooked and can't wait to go again...

Sorry John F'ing Kerry...

Yes, Koreans are not afraid of guns, they all(with very few exceptions) are eventually taught how to shoot them, as they have a mandatory military service requirement in their country.
What they have is really an inability to understand the mere existance of them in the civilian world. There are no guns shops in Korea and the citizens there aren't allowed to own them as we are here. When they see a large collection of them in one place, it freaks them out.....but its not fear of guns themselves.

Why they freak out is because of the well engrained fear of government reprisal that they grow up with over there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom