• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kittery Trading Post

I was there yesterday and was struck by the same thing. Prices for the new and used firearms that were there were very high, at least I thought so.

Stopped in yesterday, and considering the current landscape, and while it shouldn't have been a surprise, I was blown away as to how depleted the entire inventory was. Handgun cases that are usually filled to the gills were thin, with several cases completely empty. Racks that once held a very large selection of interesting used rifles were now occupied with tons of brand new black powder guns, shotguns and the usual plain vanilla fare... Ammo shelves were flat out bare, with only expensive hunting rounds and some odd caliber self-defense handgun rounds available.

Sign of the times...

Yup place was not the standard trip that I was used to when I went by on Saturday. Supplies for reloading were scarce (no pistol primers with none slotted to come in) Ammo shelves were bare - and for what they charge too I was surprised.
Just did not even feel like the same place because of the empty shelves.

Yup place was not the standard trip that I was used to when I went by on Saturday. Supplies for reloading were scarce (no pistol primers with none slotted to come in) Ammo shelves were bare - and for what they charge too I was surprised.
Just did not even feel like the same place because of the empty shelves.

I'd been calling KTP every day for the past two weeks looking for SPP's as they come in from time to time (they usually get a shipment on Thursday). Nothing even 'til Saturday AM. I am at the range on Monday & I start chatting with the guy in the stall next to me, turns out KTP has SPP's. I rushed out there and picked up 2k. They said they had just received a 2 month supply and didn't expect them to last too long. Shelves were empty this evening when I swung by for my weekly trip.

I am lucky to live about 15 mins from KTP, when there isn't a huge panic going on, they usually have what I need and at a reasonable price.

I buy so many firearms and stuff at KTP, I will constantly ask one of the managers about discounting something used that I am buying and I have never been turned down. Last time it was a used SpeedFeed 870 stock with a pistol grip.. marked at $75... got it for $25!

KTP is hit or miss. Today I was able to buy 2 used mags for my M&P 45c for $40 for both. Originally they were marked at $30 each. I asked if they were firm on the price? The guy looked em upon the computer and said hows $20 each as these have been here a while? I said super and bought em. Upon arriving home and taking both mags down, both appear as if they were never used. YMMV most times KTP sucks.

Went there for the first time today. Pretty nice! A bit chaotic with how many people were in the gun section. Shelves were bare of any popular caliber. Quite the selection of used guns and such! Pretty impressive.

Bought a couple boxes of shotgun shells since that was the only thing somewhat in stock

Back
Top Bottom