• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kittery Trading Post

I went there Sunday.. browsed ..bought a t shirt and a cheap soft case. Swung through Seabrook NH on way back and stocked up on much cheaper tax free ammo. Pretty much any shop I had been to in MA was cheaper. I think a 420 round can of Federal 5.56 was $190! Four Seasons has it for 170.. I've found some for $150 as well online. Neat store but I'm not buying ammo there. Also amazing how cheap glocks are in free states.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yes you can never really get a good deal on ammo there, but then again I don't go through NH to pay ME sales tax on my ammo...lol

I do love browsing the tons of long guns and checking out the different models of hand guns.

They have just about everything you might want but it does come at a price. I like supporting the store but at times now I spent more then I needed.

I'll be working at the Portsmouth naval shipyard one day this week, and plan swinging by Kittery to browse around a bit.

If anyone is looking for something in particular, let me know I'll keep an eye out for you

After stopping in to KTP on my way back into Maine over the past 25 years, I finally bought a gun from them. I have bought other items over the years but their gun prices seem always to be higher than anyone else. Unfortunately, I was in a rush and am use to small gun stores that can check you out and NICS check you in 5 minutes. It took over 35 minutes from the point where I told the salesman I would buy the gun and when I was handed the gun and could leave. Service was friendly and polite. It just took a lot more time than I am use to in checking out. I guess it is like Cabela's, you go for the selection not the price or speedy service.

After stopping in to KTP on my way back into Maine over the past 25 years, I finally bought a gun from them. I have bought other items over the years but their gun prices seem always to be higher than anyone else. Unfortunately, I was in a rush and am use to small gun stores that can check you out and NICS check you in 5 minutes. It took over 35 minutes from the point where I told the salesman I would buy the gun and when I was handed the gun and could leave. Service was friendly and polite. It just took a lot more time than I am use to in checking out. I guess it is like Cabela's, you go for the selection not the price or speedy service.

Yup can be a wait and that is frustrating but they are pretty nice overall in the instances that I have purchased.
So what did you get... I plan on getting a bolt action from there this spring/summer.

They did not have what I was looking for in stock, but were happy to order it on a busy Saturday. Jack was extremely pleasent to work with. Thank you!

Had a not-so-great experience a couple weeks back, which was somewhat out of character for them. I called looking for milsurp 7.62 to feed the new M1A, which I was told they had in great quantity. Needing a few other things, I took the trip (about 80 mi. round trip) with the intention of grabbing as much as I could.

They had some - 120 rounds total, hardly a "great quantity." When I asked an associate about any more they might have, he went off to look, or so I thought. After waiting about 10 minutes, I see the guy behind the counter showing a pistol to a customer, oblivious to me still standing there.

Their saving grace was a second associate, who saw me digging through the cans and came over to help. He even offered some advice on the proper seasoning of the barrel, which was helpful. I bought the 6 boxes of German NATO and went on my way.

The lesson, I guess, is if you're there on a Saturday, stick with the guy if you're not obviously spending 4 figures.

ya go to Maine and buy things at inflated an price then get the honor of paying the high state tax...oh an did I mention the crappy attitude...love the place....NOT!!!!!

I have no problem paying Maine's higher sales tax if it means not having to buy something in Massachusett's.

I have no problem paying Maine's higher sales tax if it means not having to buy something in Massachusett's.

I have no problem paying Maine's high sale's tax if it means I do not have to set foot in MA... and leave my CCW at home.. and leave my post '94 AR-15 and AK at home and every other gun I own that would be illegal in MA.

ya go to Maine and buy things at inflated an price then get the honor of paying the high state tax...oh an did I mention the crappy attitude...love the place....NOT!!!!!

I have had some excellent service at Kittery. I have gotten some great prices there also, got to know what an acceptable price is before you just throw away money. I do Love the place, even with some higher prices there inventory keeps me coming back.

What is your place of choice if you don't me asking - Riley's?

I have had some excellent service at Kittery. I have gotten some great prices there also, got to know what an acceptable price is before you just throw away money. I do Love the place, even with some higher prices there inventory keeps me coming back.

What is your place of choice if you don't me asking - Riley's?

All honesty...I cannot buy firearms inMaine so everything else I can buy out of a catalog cheaper...im not one for needing somthing ASAP...i tend to be mello about waiting...if it is ammo I go to FS or Coin Collector's.

All honesty...I cannot buy firearms inMaine so everything else I can buy out of a catalog cheaper...im not one for needing somthing ASAP...i tend to be mello about waiting...if it is ammo I go to FS or Coin Collector's.

You cannot buy firearms in ME but you can buy ammo in MA? Am I missing something?

I have to get here at some point. I heard they had some nice cowboy holsters and belts up there. I go to Maine every year and I have only been in that store once, and it wasn't even gun related. This July when we go to Maine for vaca again, I am stopping in.

Some of their stuff is overpriced, some of it underpriced. I've said "WOW!" there under both circumstances.

At Kittery yesterday. I spent most of most of my time digging through the big binn of magazines and assorted parts. I got three magazines for my 3914, one non factoy mag for my 6906 and one 8 round mag that I'm pretty sure will fit my 3904. There wass a good sized box filled with what appeared to be S&W 3rd generation .40 S&W magzines. I'd guess that some agency traded their weaspons in for something elsse by the number and condition. 11 round, blue following, very clean looking.

No Shields yet, in case anyone is looking. Lots of shotungs and bolt action rifles, but semi auto rifles seemed to be in sshort supply for some reason. Amoo prices about normal.

I did see one nice S&W Mdl 39-2 that I would have bought if I could find a dealer to do the transfer. I know that's an iffy subject, so I left it alone.

customer service.

a few weeks ago I went up to ktp, had a gift card that I thought had money on it. got a few things and give the card to be told there is only $0.08 on it.

thought it was my mistake and maybe I miss calculated.

well got a call from Kittery trading post today. apparently they found my card and passed it up to the higher up and there is still money on it. so they will be mailing it back to me. The woman explained that if I didn't get this from trading stuff in then it would have just been lost. and that she sees that it was a computer error and only took 8 cents off the card rather than using the whole card.

well guess ill be making a trip to KTP soon.

funny place KTP, my dad always called it the dumpimg ground where all bad guns end up traded in. I have not been up there in 7 years. Got my browning Citori Ultra XT trap gun there used. As PatMcD stated its hit or miss. I though I hit, nice browning trap gun, Americase(at the time these ran about 300.00)ten chokes(midas grade) several other chokes. bore snake, snapcap chamber mop thingy's for 1500.00 out the door PLUS a lot more for my trade in than I was expecting. I actually only lost about 200.00 from original price, basically a 1.5 year rental on a handgun for 200.00. Also got a 25% ammo coupon for purchaseing a gun over 650.00! best price on just the shotgun i found was 1800.00.
I lucked out buying bubba'd up shotguns and cheap 22s there 20+ years ago. most needed a good cleaning.

I was non impressed with KTP when I went there. Over priced guns, and too many damn people walking around to even closely look at something. It was a Wednesday in the am when I went there too. Prices on some accessories were OK, but I would never go there again looking for a deal that's for sure.

The prices are high on just about everything there. Once in a while you find a gun that's a good deal but its rare.

I went last Thursday and noticed they had cases of Wolf 7.62x39. I can't remember how much but the price was up there.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

Was there last week, ammo prices were high IMO. A lot of shotguns and bolt guns. I personally think most of there stuff is over priced. Cabelas in Scarborough ME had much more ammo ranging from cheap to top of the line, a lot of great stuff.

KTP is hit or miss. Today I was able to buy 2 used mags for my M&P 45c for $40 for both. Originally they were marked at $30 each. I asked if they were firm on the price? The guy looked em upon the computer and said hows $20 each as these have been here a while? I said super and bought em. Upon arriving home and taking both mags down, both appear as if they were never used. YMMV most times KTP sucks.

Stopped in yesterday, and considering the current landscape, and while it shouldn't have been a surprise, I was blown away as to how depleted the entire inventory was. Handgun cases that are usually filled to the gills were thin, with several cases completely empty. Racks that once held a very large selection of interesting used rifles were now occupied with tons of brand new black powder guns, shotguns and the usual plain vanilla fare... Ammo shelves were flat out bare, with only expensive hunting rounds and some odd caliber self-defense handgun rounds available.

Sign of the times...

Back
Top Bottom