Knoxx comparison

Any thoughts on Knoxx Comp Stock vs. Special Ops stock. Need to upgrade Mossy 500. Not sure which way to go.

I just added the Spec-Ops stock to my new Mossberg 500.

The difference in felt recoil is amazing and means that I can now actually practice with the gun instead of thinking of it as just a crisis option.

It also means my wife and daughter can use it without pain or injury.

In my opinion, the Spec-Ops with recoil reduction is well worth the price difference. I paid $109.99 for mine at Sportsman's Guide.

Im still looking for those who have the comp stock. Has the recoil reduction but looks more conventional. Anyone with experience?

I bought a CompStock for a 590 because I wasn't sure I wanted to go the pistol grip route. Yes it did work. The recoil reducing portion is a series of springs that physically compress the stock into itself. It shortens by maybe an inch or so when fired. It doesn't feel awkward because everything happens so fast. Instead of your shoulder moving, the stock moves. I know thats a botched description, but it's the best I can do right now.

To be honest, the only reason I opted for the Spec-Ops was for the tacticool factor. As far as I could tell, both had the same recoil reduction. I never did a side by side comparison but nothing stuck in my mind that said one was better than the other. I also have the SpecOpsFolder (previously called the COP Stock). That one works too, but not nearly as well as the full sized stocks. The wire frame tends to dig in a bit with really heavy slugs.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom