Larry Keane - Police revoking licenses for pre 7/20 purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local dunkin donuts won't sell me median size caramel swirl with no sugar but extra skim milk ice coffee because of my pre 7/20 purchase.

I believe the sky already fell.

MpcbLGw.gif

The sky is falling,the sky is falling.Ok does everyone get it,one small post with very little info,and the fuze is lit.They should close this post until we can find out what really happened.

I am inclined to agree... but look where we got 7/20

Clearly, we are the problem with this state.

Mike

I've predicted this. AG says that you are a felon. Local PD chief may choose not to renew based on that or unless all your purchases are in compliance. Even if this rumor is false, there is absolutely nothing that would stop an issuing officer from denying your LTC. Good luck in court while your guns are "kept" at Dowd.

i say the more stupid shit they want to do, just do it. things will fix themselves one way or another faster that way
In Massachusetts??... Yeah, things involving Firearms Law here have really "fixed themselves" since roughly,oh, 1978 or so...
As a matter of fact, if they keep "fixing themselves" here in the Commonwealth, the firearms laws will be almost Arizona-like pretty soon.

Just wait it out, it'll all get better.

"Owners of these weapons before 7/20 will not be prosecuted (at this time)"

I guess its awfully convenient that having your LTC revoked or not renewed requires neither a prosecution, charge, or any form of legal trouble then.

"Owners of these weapons before 7/20 will not be prosecuted (at this time)"

I guess its awfully convenient that having your LTC revoked or not renewed requires neither a prosecution, charge, or any form of legal trouble then.

exactly, how long did it take to challenge PD's "discretion" and right to see the cause of denial ... it would take at least that much time to challenge this bullshit.

In Massachusetts??... Yeah, things involving Firearms Law here have really "fixed themselves" since roughly,oh, 1978 or so...
As a matter of fact, if they keep "fixing themselves" here in the Commonwealth, the firearms laws will be almost Arizona-like pretty soon.

Just wait it out, it'll all get better.

keep pushing honest, law-abiding citizens into a corner....we're already felons so

If this is in fact happening, in a way it benefits us because they are just adding fuel to the fire. People are going to be understandably upset when they find out that people are having their rights stripped away and their property confiscated for the "crime" of having purchased legal firearms. It will also bolster the argument that the AG's edict is illegal and should be reversed.

Hopefully if it is indeed happening the people it is happening to are already in touch with GOAL/Comm2A.
Problem is, the "people who are going to be upset" are Massachusetts gun owners...
"Excuse me:This is Massachusetts...And you're a gun owner?... "
https://youtu.be/jocI_R8lMpM

While it may or may not be true it's not outside the realm of possibility. Keep in mind that the local Chiefs of Police have broad discretion in determining "suitability." IMHO it's not far fetched to think that at least one in one of the dark red towns would use the documented possession of an "illegal" assault weapon to pull a license or deny a renewal based on suitability.

Plus given that Mr. Keane is NSSF's General Counsel I suspect that he has something to back up the statement.

For now I'm going to give this only one tinfoil on a scale of one to five tinfoils.

[tinfoil][thinking][thinking][thinking][thinking]

Healy's move is purely political and she has been at least initially successful with it.

Taking this next step introduces a lot of risk and I don't think there is a big political upside there. Right now she, "stopped the sale of assault weapons in Massachusetts" which is very pithy, effective political capital for campaigning on the left. Turning people into criminals retroactively...it seems way too messy for someone who is politically motivated. It would inevitably escalate through the courts and there is a pretty good chance that it would get overturned and make her look pretty bad. Meanwhile, with the federal AWB expired and licensing in other places being different there isn't really applicability outside of MA where she could try to leverage this as some scheme to reduce the number of guns out there.

Yes, I know, the liberals are the literally the human incarnation of the devil and their only mission is to imprison us and take away our guns, but I'm talking about here in the real world where people are concerned about their careers and earning potential way more than creating a vast conspiracy to enslave everyone.

Sounds like a bogus story, but the PDs revoking LTCs for MSR owners would be an excellent way to force an enormous number of MA gun owners to surrender their firearms--and without Healey having to prosecute anyone. She would get to adhere to her claim not to prosecute while having orchestrated the disarmament of perhaps thousands of lawful gun owners in the state. Moreover, legal challenges would likely fail in MA courts. Another feather in Healey's cap.

The power elite in California must be kicking themselves for not having thought of this scheme.

While it may or may not be true it's not outside the realm of possibility. Keep in mind that the local Chiefs of Police have broad discretion in determining "suitability." IMHO it's not far fetched to think that at least one in one of the dark red towns would use the documented possession of an "illegal" assault weapon to pull a license or deny a renewal based on suitability.
]

That seems infinitely more likely than this being something the AG started.

Though....interesting.....it could be used as an opportunity to humiliate her, discredit the move, and get rid of the alleged, "ban"....a few police chiefs take it too far and the whole program collapses.

Healy's move is purely political and she has been at least initially successful with it.

Taking this next step introduces a lot of risk and I don't think there is a big political upside there. Right now she, "stopped the sale of assault weapons in Massachusetts" which is very pithy, effective political capital for campaigning on the left. Turning people into criminals retroactively...it seems way too messy for someone who is politically motivated. It would inevitably escalate through the courts and there is a pretty good chance that it would get overturned and make her look pretty bad. Meanwhile, with the federal AWB expired and licensing in other places being different there isn't really applicability outside of MA where she could try to leverage this as some scheme to reduce the number of guns out there.

Massachusetts is just a stepping stone for her. Her real objective is to get a federal appointment if Hillary wins. With this AWB move she proves herself to be worthy to take on the gun lobby, which has been a Clinton talking point since day one. If Hillary ends up winning then I doubt Healey will be in MA for very much longer. Then she can attempt to do the same type of things at the Federal level.

Can we wait until we get some actual confirmation on this before we start pissing our pants over it? Do we have an actual, documented cases of people getting their LTC's revoked because they bought an MSR before 7/20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom