• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LEO take on FTF AK sale

True story. Was at a party with my Cousin who is a LE for a large town. He's talking to some friends and one asks him a gun law question about buying a Glock. He basically yells over to me so they can ask me. He said I probably know more about gun laws then he does. There's a LOT of things to know as a LE. Don't think knowing gun laws are high on the priority list. All I know is that I wouldn't want to be a LE. Some of his stories are downright gruesome...

A MSP officer told me that in MA you can no longer sell an AK47 FTF, must go thru FFL......................GO..........................
Because MSP officers know Chap 140 sec 121-131Y and chap 269 sec 10 so very well...

I had a MSP officer who is on the firearms task force in the shop the other day and he knew the laws better than most cops I know, but I was still explaining nuance to him around a number of things. They just dont train in those sections. Most know the basics of 269 10 but the rest... Firearms lawyers usually know some of it but again, even one that is recommended on this forum with sporadic regularity is woefully unknowledgeable about dealer regulations and transfer obligations and...

But you likely knew all this when you posted the troll question.

I graduated from the Massachusetts Reserve/Intermittent Police academy back in the day. We studied some criminal law and some constitutional law and some motor vehical law as well as a bunch of other stuff you might expect. You know what we didn't study? Mass gun laws. Not for a second. So maybe they get into it at the full-time academy, but I doubt it.
I know a fair amount of cops and I guarantee that unless they are gun enthusiasts like us they are no better informed about Mass gun laws than anyone in any other profession.

Because MSP officers know Chap 140 sec 121-131Y and chap 269 sec 10 so very well...

I had a MSP officer who is on the firearms task force in the shop the other day and he knew the laws better than most cops I know, but I was still explaining nuance to him around a number of things. They just dont train in those sections. Most know the basics of 269 10 but the rest... Firearms lawyers usually know some of it but again, even one that is recommended on this forum with sporadic regularity is woefully unknowledgeable about dealer regulations and transfer obligations and...

But you likely knew all this when you posted the troll question.
I have a copy of a ballistics report written by a MSP trooper (15 yr veteran) who claims that a standard Norinco SKS is a large capacity (11 rds +1) with large capacity clips (11 rds). He testified to that in a criminal case as well. I refuted that with written proof from the US Army dated 1969. The judge threw out those charges after my testimony.

So yes, MSP ballistics lab troopers are "ex-spurts" on Mass gun laws . . . NOT!

True story. Was at a party with my Cousin who is a LE for a large town. He's talking to some friends and one asks him a gun law question about buying a Glock. He basically yells over to me so they can ask me. He said I probably know more about gun laws then he does. There's a LOT of things to know as a LE. Don't think knowing gun laws are high on the priority list. All I know is that I wouldn't want to be a LE. Some of his stories are downright gruesome...
Probably just stories anyway.

As a veteran I'll tell you my experience is that the more men talk about "combat" the less combat they've actually seen. Guys that have been through the shit don't generally talk about the gruesome parts of it casually at parties, bbqs, and family gatherings when the guys hang out in the garage. This is a fact.

Last edited:
Who takes a bow to a zoo? To hunt what, exactly?
I'm going after this guy at the Knoxville Zoo-

HauntingDimwittedKestrel-size_restricted.gif

Probably just stories anyway.

As a veteran I'll tell you my experience is that the more men talk about "combat" the less combat they've actually seen. Guys that have been through the shit don't generally talk about the gruesome parts of it casually at parties, bbqs, and family gatherings when the guys hang out in the garage. This is a fact.

Na. He's not that kind of guy. He's pretty tight lipped about most things, including just about anything for the time he spend in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm overselling it when I say stories. He was asked about a couple things that happened in town and he gave a very brief description of events. Even that was pretty gruesome.

Na. He's not that kind of guy. He's pretty tight lipped about most things, including just about anything for the time he spend in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm overselling it when I say stories. He was asked about a couple things that happened in town and he gave a very brief description of events. Even that was pretty gruesome.
Understood. Just giving my opinion on my observations over years and years of listening to veterans I know tell their tails of "horror". The majority of vets I know and were with that experienced real combat don't casually discuss it and even more so skip out on talking about it when asked specifically about it. The ones telling horror stories to their buds are generally full of shit and looking for attention.

I graduated from the Massachusetts Reserve/Intermittent Police academy back in the day. We studied some criminal law and some constitutional law and some motor vehical law as well as a bunch of other stuff you might expect. You know what we didn't study? Mass gun laws. Not for a second. So maybe they get into it at the full-time academy, but I doubt it.
I know a fair amount of cops and I guarantee that unless they are gun enthusiasts like us they are no better informed about Mass gun laws than anyone in any other profession.
This. One of my good friends is a chief of police in a central MA town for over 30 years. He asks me all the time what the gun laws are for certain circumstances.

They teach the basics, and I'm sure this is by design, so jackoffs can try and make up their own laws drag people into legal jeopardy for no reason, then try to take their property , permit, or hang them on some bullshit.

All they have to do is take Jon Green's goal course for christ sake. There is no reason they are not informed except because this state doesn't want them to be.

Back
Top Bottom