local reporter documents their permit application process

if that was what you expected, why did you go to one of the largest training centers in the state? the requirement to get "training" is just additional bullshit to dissuade people from applying for LTCs. if you want real, actual training you need to seek out someone individually or hit up a place such as the sig academy.

This. MFS is a papermill. I went there to get my paperwork many moons ago because I knew the rules and just wanted to get the Cert. for my LTC. They get you in and out fast, which is great.

Grats on taking more advanced training ninemilshooter, I'm a big fan of the CFS program and have taken it myself.

couldn't agree more...MFS did a great job when i took my Basic Firearms Safety course...and the Armed defense in the home course..

they are an excellent, professional and efficient resource for the firearms community, helping to bring knowledge and a path to becoming a licensed gun owner to the masses...

lets not forget how valuable this is to the firearms community as a whole....the more people we have on our side, the better....at the very least they provide a window into our world for the thousands of people who are undecided or on the fence about firearms....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Same here. I took my Basic at MFS and they were absolutely Great--- no firearms being mis-pointed at anything or anyone. Brent was an amazing instructor who made the class engaging and fun, the 4 hours flew by.

The dude misquoted me (I know - shocking):

"If they're interested in shooting, a .22 long rifle isn't going to do it," said Finnerty.

I never said that. What I said was more like this:

"If they expect to use a gun for self defense, .22 long rifle isn't going to do it,"

He also made it sound like I don't use any .22 in my classes. I do. Lots of it. When the students are done shooting the with the .22s, I graduate them, then I break out the centerfire stuff and invite them to shoot with me. I go through more than 2000 rounds in a typical class, less than half of which is rimfire.

If there's a Basic Pistol class out there where students can shoot as much as they do in my class, I haven't seen it.

Incidently, if anyone knows somebody who wants to take a class, I have two spots open for a class I'm doing in Ayer, MA next week. PM me for details.

"When you're done with my class you know how to shoot," said Finnerty. He brings a variety of firearms that he allows students to use, include 9 mm, and .38-, .40- and .45-caliber guns.

"If they're interested in shooting, a .22 long rifle isn't going to do it," said Finnerty.

That guy sounds friggin' shady.

I apologize for that...we will make sure that never happens again as that does not reflect our policy.

really??? kind of makes a mockery of the rule "never point a gun at something u do not intend to kill", or the one that says "a gun is NEVER unloaded"

Some bad information here:

It took me more than a month to get my appointment with my police department. Danforth explained that the firearm licenses used to be granted for life, and when they changed the law in 1998 to require renewals, it required a large group of gun owners who have to get their renewals in the same year. The number of years between renewals has changed several times; it currently is six years, and 2013 is one of the years that group needs to be renewed.

Wrong!
That was the old FID Card, not the LTC which he is applying for.
LTC's always had expiration dates

The dude misquoted me (I know - shocking):

I never said that. What I said was more like this:

He also made it sound like I don't use any .22 in my classes. I do. Lots of it. When the students are done shooting the with the .22s, I graduate them, then I break out the centerfire stuff and invite them to shoot with me. I go through more than 2000 rounds in a typical class, less than half of which is rimfire.

If there's a Basic Pistol class out there where students can shoot as much as they do in my class, I haven't seen it.

Incidently, if anyone knows somebody who wants to take a class, I have two spots open for a class I'm doing in Ayer, MA next week. PM me for details.

Wow a reporter misquoting someone? Shocking. But it's not like the Sentinel is a real paper anyway.

That's absolute BS. Do not need a reason to exercise a right. Oh, you want to exercise your right to bear arms to protect their own life & that if their family? Nah. Denied! Here is your "Restriction" license. Criminal

While at the police station on another matter last Monday, I ran into Theresa Danforth, firearms-licensing clerk for the Leominster Police Department. She told me my license to carry a firearm had arrived and would be mailed out shortly.

On Tuesday, she left a voicemail on my phone saying it was in the mail. When I received it Thursday the postmark had Wednesday's date.

Why didn't she just hand it over to him when he was there face-to-face and save a stamp ????
My town does not mail them out and insists that you pick it in person up at the police station.

Back
Top Bottom