• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Louisville police respond to active shooting, LMPD officers say 'multiple casualties': Five people are killed in mass shooting at bank

Reptile

NES Member

Louisville police, mayor urging public to stay out of downtown area​

The Louisville Metropolitan Police Department says there are five people dead and six injured in the Kentucky city Monday following a shooting.

"We are confirming reports of an active aggressor in the 300 block of East Main. Please stay out of the area," police earlier said in tweet. "There are multiple casualties."

Images taken in the area showed a police officer with his weapon drawn. The shooting happened at a building that houses an Old National Bank location, according to the Associated Press.

"Please pray for all of the families impacted and for the city of Louisville," Gov. Andy Beshear said in a tweet, adding that he is heading there now.

Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) also were photographed at the scene.

The FBI's Louisville office tweeted that its "special agents have responded to the scene of this morning's shooting in downtown Louisville and are assisting our law enforcement partners."

A witness inside the building where the shooting happened told WHAS11 that an unidentified man with a "long assault rifle" began opening fire on the first floor.

"He just started firing," the witness reportedly said. "I didn't see his face. We were in the conference room. Whoever was next to me got shot, their blood's on me."

Continues...

Better link:

@76Too sound off Marine. We got several NES’rs in KY now, you guys all good?
Yessir, thank you for checking in. The first advice @Uzi2 gave me when I told him I’d be moving to Kentucky was to stay out of Louisville!

I spend very little, if any time inside banks as well, or in public for that matter. If I’m out and about, I’m grocery shopping or picking up feed or fuel for the farm…but that’s about it.

If there’s ever an article about a shooter picking off homesteaders in the hills of western Appalachia, I might be in trouble.

Reports are coming in saying it's a workplace violence by an employee with mental issues.

Take with a grain of salt
Former employee showed up and opened fire. Cops engaged shooter, 2 Cops wounded, 1 critical. Shooter is dead but unknown at this time if shot in the exchange with police or self inflicted.

LinkedIn just removed his pronouns…and 10 connections. I wonder who they were?

View attachment 741178

View attachment 741177
I wonder who makes those decisions, if LinkedIn did it and not someone with access to his account for some odd reason? If it was LinkedIn, and they did it unilaterally, that’s pretty scary. The drop in connections could just be people or companies distancing themselves from a whack job and not wanting the bad press.

I wonder who makes those decisions, if LinkedIn did it and not someone with access to his account for some odd reason? If it was LinkedIn, and they did it unilaterally, that’s pretty scary. The drop in connections could just be people or companies distancing themselves from a whack job and not wanting the bad press.
SJW working for the other side inside the company who has access.

Suspect had a “long assault rifle”

From President Bobo:

President Biden said in a tweet following the shooting that "Once again, our nation mourns after a senseless act of gun violence – Jill and I pray for the lives lost and impacted by today's shooting.

"Too many Americans are paying for the price of inaction with their lives," he added. "When will Republicans in Congress act to protect our communities?"

Back
Top Bottom