• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA State Police visit after online ammo purchase

It just might be time for me to renew my TSU membership.
Trooper Support Union?
What caution can you take? Ordering ammo online to be delivered to a Mass address is legal.

Your friend was correct to turn them away. They aren't entitled to any information about the shipment at all.

Officer: Did you make an online purchase of ammo?
Friend: Thank you so much for your inquiry. How else can I help you today?
That's the way to do it: Answer a question with a question.
There are fewer than 2500 online ammo dealers in the country. It would be the cheapest sting in history if she ordered 2500 boxes of .22 or 9mm (1 box from each vendor) to designated addresses in Mass.

Most of the vendors wouldn't accept the order. Those that do go on her naughty list. It's not rocket science and she doesn't need to trick people into ratting out suppliers.

What Mass LE probably IS doing is poking around asking questions like, "Hey, Low Buck Bob. Where can I get one of those Glock things turns it into a machine pistol?". And if you hook him up, they hook you up.

Of course, it's impossible to convert an AR or a Glock into full auto anyway, so there's nothing for them to look for in the first place, but they don't seem to get that.
Really? My friend ordered one from Wish.com. He'll be so disappointed... [rofl]
My favorite experience was when I sent one of my CZ's to CZ Custom for some work and when the FEDEX driver delivered it back to me he asked "Don't you usually use Cajun Gunworks?" :oops:
Had Taurus return a pistol from repair once. The FedEx driver said "2nd Day Air. Requires an adult signature. Must be jewelry. I see these all the time." I just nodded at him.

I've had a UPS driver comment about the weight and small size of an ammo package about a year or two ago. I saw her pull up so I went outside to grab the package from her and she started asking questions, she eventually asked if it was ammo. I just politely said no, said thanks and brought it inside. I never thought much of it until I just read your post.
The last person I owe an explanation to is the f***ing UPS driver. If they ever asked me what was in the box, I’d answer something along the lines of “none of your f***ing business.”

The last person I owe an explanation to is the f***ing UPS driver. If they ever asked me what was in the box, I’d answer something along the lines of “none of your f***ing business.”

Yeah be sure to insult the cook when you go out to eat too. That always works well…

UPS man was just building up his street cred with the Commonwealth as a confidential human source when he goes on strike on Tuesday.

I’m with the people calling bs. OP may think it’s legit so I’ll say his friend is FOS.

Think about how many of us have ammo delivered on a regular basis, have any of us ever once had this happen? And we’re on like every list possible.

So OP has like 4 posts here, and a guy we’ve never even heard of tells this story to him with little to no details. Again, how many times have we ordered online, probably thousands of deliveries, no gestapo knocks on the door.

BS story.

What about my story, sounded believable, right?

My UPS guy is great! He's been here for decades and lives in town.

I get my best gossip from him. Who's getting divorced. Who got arrested. All and all in town dirt. Guy is awesome!

One thing he does. When a heavy package is coming he'll call me and tell me what time he'll be by. He keeps telling me he wants to get an LTC. I need to get him to the range with his son. I know he'd love it.

I thought it was a work of art :)
Ok so I actually went to find it to see what all the fuss was about. Work of art? Yaaa not so much, maybe Hunter Biden level art, I like your confidence though! lol

But. And there’s always a but, I’m glad I went back to look for it because I missed this gem by @safetyfirst2125 and this is the best post of the thread so far. lmao Instant classic.
3CDE934E-7DB0-49B1-AFFC-28105D143891.png

Yeah be sure to insult the cook when you go out to eat too. That always works well…
I probably wouldn't be rude about it but no it's not the same.

You can't always tell what a cook does.. if your stuff shows up beat and you complain he's going to get fired

7 pages late. Yada yada. Some of us have things to do on the weekends. LOL

Ya know. The MSP has full access to who has LTC's and not. So. . . . . why the call???

Funniest UPS delivery I had was I was playing pickup b-ball in the cul-de-sac. UPS shows up with my CMP ammo - crated. CRATED!!!!

I yell over, "Just leave it on the sidewalk. I'll get it."

My Uber-liberal buddy says, "WTF is that? It looks ancient."

"It's ammo."

"WHO THE F SENDS YOU AMMO VIA UPS! THAT HAS TO BE ILLEGAL."

I looked right at him. "Ummm, that batch? The US Government." [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

I hate to post vague, 4th-hand sounding info, but a close friend of mine (valid LTC holder) was just visited by 2 MA state police officers at his house after he had a few thousand rounds delivered from a common online retailer. He didn't let them in nor did they have a warrant, but apparently they are getting tipped off by UPS as to these deliveries and "following up".

Use caution when having stuff delivered to a MA address!

Luckily I the UPS driver for my area... is a really great guy.

Even stuff from Amazon other stores, he rings the doorbell.

I've told him more than once if I bump into him, in a restaurant or bar... I will buy him a beer.

what i heard was "close the door and go back to watching Netflix"
7ufudo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom