Machine Gunz

I'm a member at HSC so I'd be inclined to have it there. This weekend looks a bit rainy but nice and warm, and the MG ranges at Harvard are covered so it wouldn't be a big deal.

Hell, I'm probably going to be there anyways. Saturday morning, 11ish.

I'll have my M11/9.

Last edited:
I'm a member at HSC so I'd be inclined to have it there. This weekend looks a bit rainy but nice and warm, and the MG ranges at Harvard are covered so it wouldn't be a big deal.

I'll have my M11/9.
Might want to check with the club. Jack.

Might want to check with the club. Jack.

Hmm, good point. Club rule is that you need to be a member and qualified on the MG ranges to shoot there. If anyone else wants to host at a more "free n easy" location then I'd be all for that. Otherwise I'll be at HSC blasting away with whoever else happens to be there.

Hmm, good point. Club rule is that you need to be a member and qualified on the MG ranges to shoot there. If anyone else wants to host at a more "free n easy" location then I'd be all for that. Otherwise I'll be at HSC blasting away with whoever else happens to be there.
I'll probably pop over there to see your new toy. Jack.

really? that's weak. is this a new rule... 'cause if not i've definitely broken it. [laugh]

I think you only need to be qualified to bring your own machinegun. I can think of a couple of HSC members who have a machinegun license and would probably be interested.

Do you wanna shoot a subgun? Come on let's go and play...

240698ebed39bb2ae2f4a305927d737b.jpg

I'll have my M11/9.

Plenty at HSC have subguns / MGs. We should work on setting up something. If we coordinate it properly any member who has a green card but no MG could get qualified if we have one of the committee Members there.

Plenty at HSC have subguns / MGs. We should work on setting up something. If we coordinate it properly any member who has a green card but no MG could get qualified if we have one of the committee Members there.

Would love to join in on this. My wife and I just got our green cards and haven't bought an SMG yet. It would be awesome to get qualified so we are all set when we do.

That sounds good to me. Maybe do it after the next monthly breakfast?

Sweet. That would be awesome. And then maybe I can actually bring something next time. ;)

If this works out, I'll bring an M11/9 and a Thompson. I know 2 HSC members who just got their MG license and don't have any MGs yet.

Yup, MGs are good to go once you get your "green card" (License to Possess a Machine Gun). You are limited by the same thing all MG buyers throughout the country are limited by - the Hughes Amendment to FOPA '86, which banned "normal people" from possessing machine guns that were not registered prior to May 1986.

Specifically in regards to the MA Assault Weapons Ban, machine guns are not restricted in any way by it because the AWB only applies to semi-automatic guns.

Thank You Ron for the Hughes Amendment

Back
Top Bottom