Machine Gunz

Don't know if there are any full auto friendly clubs in your area, but the Monadnock shoots are drawing more and more FA shooters. Also, the Harvard club has a couple of FA ranges that are quite active at times. Don't overlook the MAC. With a good stock and suppressor (or a barrel extension with forward vertical grip) it becomes much more controllable. Jack.

For those of us inside the 128 loop, Mass Rifle and Weston Shooters Club both allow full auto. Weston only with a sub gun. But Mass Rifle allows anything up to a .50 BMG (and not including a .50 BMG) machine gun to be used in their indoor Loeb range.

Neither are as much fun as Harvard though, where you can shoot rifle caliber MGs at longer ranges and the sub gun range has several steel targets that are always fun to hose down.

Don

Last edited:
I ended up selecting alpha1's HTA conversion Mini-14 in near flawless condition. The store of parts, sparing and accessories that came with it made the purchase very compelling. It has a .22LR conversion kit with it as well and while I shudder at cleaning a full auto after a few mags downrange, it was certainly a bonus. After meeting him in person, seeing the gun and the care in which it was kept, the choice was simple.

Hmmmmmmm I thinks I know this gun....

For those of us inside the 128 loop, Mass Rifle and Woburn Shooting Club both allow full auto. Woburn only with a sub gun. But Mass Rifle allows anything up to a .50 BMG (and not including a .50 BMG) machine gun to be used in their indoor Loeb range.

Neither are as much fun as Harvard though, where you can shoot rifle caliber MGs at longer ranges and the sub gun range has several steel targets that are always fun to hose down.

Don
Woburn Shooting Club? Weston maybe? Never heard of the former.

Some MGs are C&R. C&R machineguns can be owned in all states that allow civilian ownership of machineguns, they can be taken out of state without prior written permission from the ATF and if you have a C&R license (which I'm guessing you have if you have a machinegun license) the gun can be shipped directly to you.

...and my first NFA item is home. HTA conversion Ruger Mini-14 machine gun. Sorry for the awful pic but it's frikkin' dark out at 4:15 now... The gun runs very well and I've had her out twice. I can see "stamp collecting" becoming a wonderful problem. My PD was awesome to work with and the up-front, full disclosure discussions with them certainly seemed to help. I'm smiling a lot more these days and can't help opening the safe every few hours...
IMG_0419.jpg

Last edited:
...and my first NFA item is home. HTA conversion Ruger Mini-14 machine gun. Sorry for the awful pic but it's frikkin' dark out at 4:15 now... The gun runs very well and I've had her out twice. I can see "stamp collecting" becoming a wonderful problem. My PD was awesome to work with and the up-front, full disclosure discussions with them certainly seemed to help. I'm smiling a lot more these days and can't help opening the safe every few hours...
View attachment 150034

ugh, it has a short barrel, too?! be still my beating heart. enjoy the blaster.

Nice! Congrats on finally being able to take home your MG, it's a wonderful feeling. Have fun, be safe!

This ^^ I just paid for my 2nd and mailed out the form 4... Oh dear God, I'm hopelessly broke now...
Well just hope you don't start hanging out with guys like me who will let you shoot their stuff. A one of the guns I have were "OH my god I have to get one of these!!!" After shooting someone else's gun. That was my Micro UZI.. I also have one of those walking through a gun show " OH my god what is that? I got to have one... That was my H&K 51B. So what is your second NFA purchase?

Last edited:
RPB MAC 10 with Uzi conversion lower. 9mm OEM upper, slowfire 9mm upper, slowfire .45 upper and a boatload of spare parts. Form 4 sent on 10/30. If were smarter, I could have just checked behind some dumpsters in Taunton and probably found a free one...

You been picking through alhpa1's closet?

You been picking through alhpa1's closet?

Yup - As much as he'll let me! He's got some great guns - Further he's a cool guy who's is hard not to get along with - very knowledgeable, very likeable. The two MG's he's sold me have been very reasonably priced in my opinion. This will be my last one for a while. alpha1 was willing to part with it and made the purchase simple with no pressure.

Late to the party...congrats on your second purchase! Very jealous.

I'm in a tussle with the wife over finances (the horse eats a lot of my discretionary income too).

Looks like I might have to sell a few things too if I really am going to get what I want....window shopping until March when I can officially make the plunge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late to the party...congrats on your second purchase! Very jealous.

I'm in a tussle with the wife over finances (the horse eats a lot of my discretionary income too).

Looks like I might have to sell a few things too if I really am going to get what I want....window shopping until March when I can officially make the plunge.

Understood. My wife has been supportive so far and hasn't really said much - of course we don't own a horse and our kids are reasonably independent. Six weeks on paper form 4 and still pending...

I was talking to the seller today and told him I might have to settle for more conventional Christmas presents this year. [frown]

[mg]

Understood. My wife has been supportive so far and hasn't really said much - of course we don't own a horse and our kids are reasonably independent. Six weeks on paper form 4 and still pending...

I was talking to the seller today and told him I might have to settle for more conventional Christmas presents this year. [frown]

[mg]

Confirmed - Called NFA branch today on the form 4. They said to expect 5 months from submission date of 10/30. I guess I can find other things to do until March!

Back
Top Bottom