Man arrested at BU trying to carry guns into graduation ceremony

Listening to Fox Boston and that pant-load VB. Fox is just as liberal as all the other boston news organizations.

He's an obese, opinionated scum bag and as liberal as they come! Most always spouting off drivel he knows nothing zero about.
Perfect little Obama kool aid drinker as well

Even decided the dressed in black thing was a threat and people that believe protecting themselves with guns should move to GA.
Someone should stuff another donut in his mouth[sad]

Last edited:
Listening to Fox Boston and that pant-load VB. Fox is just as liberal as all the other boston news organizations.

I heard that. He's a tool bag. It's amazing how few people know ANYTHING about firearms. It's our own fault for not passing knowledge down to our children.

Ranting about how many people were put in danger by bringing LOADED guns to a graduation? Yeah. I keep my firearms locked up because the darn things are always trying to run around the house shooting.

Welcome to Massachusetts, where...

*boot stomps on your face*

Sounds to me like this guy is going to get screwed for simply being a newbie. He went through the LTC process, and I'm guessing his criminal record is probably clean. I have to wonder what his reasoning was to carry on a restricted license? Maybe he saw it mentioned on a thread here somewhere that "an LTC is an LTC", and took it for truth. It should be truth, but unfortunately for him it isn't. If there is a legal fund set up for him I will certainly throw in a few bucks. IMO he did absolutely nothing wrong besides being ignorant, willfully or not, to worthless f*cking laws.

Not only did he not doing anything really wrong, he was trying to be a law abiding citizen by going back to his car to store the firearms. Let's be clear... he was trying to follow their rules.

The constitution says we don't have to talk to police. In this case it could be that police used his reluctance to engage in conversation as probably cause. Anyone see a problem with this?

When I joined this forum I never really understood why you would not talk to the police. I'm a law abiding citizen with a clean record who tries to do the right thing. Every week I see more evidence of the wisdom of choosing to be silent in those situations.

I feel so bad for this guy. Ooops... there's a sign that says no firearms... I'm gonna go lock up the handguns. The state gives him a license called a "License to Carry" that really is not. And now he's jacked up for political reasons.

I was chatting with a MSP a while back. He said he runs into folks a number of times per year who are carrying on an LTC-B, restricted. He said barring anything suspicious he explains to them that their license does not allow them to carry and then provides them the opportunity to lock the firearm in their trunk. He uses his officer discretion because he does believe the license is contradictory. That right there is an honorable officer. Too bad they're not all like that.

*Looking on the bright side, however, of that day at Fenway: having been married for over 20 years, that frisk was some of the best action I'd had since before my youngest daughter was born in 1996. As we proceeded through the checkpoint I whispered this to my Sicilian wife....
She "failed to see the humor" in my remark...[wink]

Dude, you said that to a Sicilian wife and lived to tell about it???

:)

This is evidence of the continued retarded slide of Law Enforcement from a true mission of protecting and serving to armed 'liability agents' for state (and now) private business. Its sad, and one of the growing reasons I hate my job.

We caught you, you did nothing mala per se, but we're going to crush the rest of your life. If he truly turned around at sight of sign, thats pretty strong evidence he wasn't the active shooter they were looking for... but we've got our hands on you now, so we CANT let you go to continue your inactive shooting.

This is evidence of the continued retarded slide of Law Enforcement from a true mission of protecting and serving to armed 'liability agents' for state (and now) private business. Its sad, and one of the growing reasons I hate my job.

We caught you, you did nothing mala per se, but we're going to crush the rest of your life. If he truly turned around at sight of sign, thats pretty strong evidence he wasn't the active shooter they were looking for... but we've got our hands on you now, so we CANT let you go to continue your inactive shooting.
What people need to get through their thick, progressive skulls is the cost of such distraction.

Not only is their the opportunity cost of something useful that could have been done by all those in the system that will now have to process this guy through the length of the state's judicial digestive track, but there is the loss of trust and legitimacy of our justice system as a whole.

Wfey and I were both employed at different times along Comm Ave and I have to say that the BU police are the biggest asshats in uniform of any police with whom I have ever had the pleasure to deal.

I think they seem to have a chip on their shoulders similar to Napoleon Complex with regard to their status as "real police".
All campus police are like this. When my daughter went to Westfield I had one try to stop me in the grocery store parking lot as I left with a case of beer. Had dropped off my daughter at school and was heading home and the packies would have been closed by the time I got home. Basically told him to f off.
Most of the campus police have full police power on campus but they have zero power off campus or outside of the specified zones. Some cities specify certain area around the campus that the campus police have power even though it is not school property.

Be careful with campus police - some of them are full officers. For example, UMass Amherst cops are actually state troopers with state-wide jurisdiction.

Glad to see this thread turning in favor of the idiot.

Yes, restricted LTC.
Yes, carrying at a "school" graduation where one could assume security checks.

But as stated, as stupid as that was, the laws in this case are more stupid.

I'm thinking 95% of the rest of us here would have been smart enough to turn around and get out of line when we saw the search checkpoints and wands.....I still don't understand how this kid got bagged after getting out of line, unless he was right there, announced he had a gun to the cop, then tried to walk away. Then yea I can see them bagging him for being on school property, but as most of you stated, that is debatable too.

Stupid kid, gets mired up in stupid laws, rent-a-cops save the day for all humanity.

Are we really that far away from ""Stop and Frisk", and didn't this kid realize that it's difficult enough for an LTC-A unrestricted holder like myself to walk around this commie state, even "legally" carrying, without concern that I'm violating some Nazi or Liber-tard statute, rule, law, etc...I mean, Jesus, when I went to Fenway with the wife and kids last year, summertime, in shorts, and carrying (took the T, plus I never go out unarmed), then saw they were seriously patting people down at the Fenway gate (in full post marathon panic, it was July), I stepped into the restroom and inserted my SW442 pocket snubbie into my Fruit of the Loom briefs, resting atop and around my, um, well, y'know..and figuring no male security guard would go for a squeeze in that area.

And I was stunned when the dude actually ran his hand literally within milliimeters of my scrotum.

So how far are we, actually, from stop & frisk?

We've attended a number of movie pre-views at both Patriot and Legacy Place cinemas. For some they confiscate cell phones to avoid pirating the movie. At one of these screenings one of the security guys was running his hands all the way up women's jeans stopping only an inch or two from their vag!! One women who I observed this jerk doing it to was wearing skin-tight jeans, no way she could even hide a dime without it being externally visible! At a subsequent screening there I had a chat with the theater manager and explained that if I ever did that as a cop, I'd be in front of a judge and facing years in prison!! As he explained, the promoter of the movie brings in these guys, not the theater itself but he did ask me to notify him if I saw such outrageous behavior again. NOT one women complained about being groped!

I was chatting with a MSP a while back. He said he runs into folks a number of times per year who are carrying on an LTC-B, restricted. He said barring anything suspicious he explains to them that their license does not allow them to carry and then provides them the opportunity to lock the firearm in their trunk. He uses his officer discretion because he does believe the license is contradictory. That right there is an honorable officer. Too bad they're not all like that.

You don't read about it or hear about it for good reason . . . the officer would get in trouble with his/her brass for letting this skate, but most officers use discretion and give people who act reasonably a pass. Although it wasn't about guns/licenses, I gave a lot of people a "pass" where I could have jammed them up back when I worked for the PD! It's the "few" that we hear about and as I caution folks, every PD has at least one a-hole on the force!!

As I was telling someone the other day, given the changes in policing over the past 15 years, there is no way that I'd want to work for a PD under the SOPs in use these days. I have too strong an aversion to making people a criminal for life for stupid crap like fist fights, all the malum prohibitum stuff, etc.

Be careful with campus police - some of them are full officers. For example, UMass Amherst cops are actually state troopers with state-wide jurisdiction.

Some hold Special State Police status which isn't quite the same as being a trooper, nor are they members of the uniform branch of the MSP. They do however enjoy full police powers.

.I still don't understand how this kid got bagged after getting out of line, unless he was right there, announced he had a gun to the cop, then tried to walk away.

He had to have done something to bring attention to himself my guess is he looked really nervous and fidgety someone saw and caught up to him while he was leaving

Reading some of the commentary on WCVB, I am very frustrated. Some are saying that because of the way he dressed, he's suspicious. Some say because he tried to leave the checkpoint, he's suspicious and that the cops were right to grab him.

I often ask myself how far is this going to go when stories like this come about, and reading the bleating of the citizenry, I think I have my answer. We are coming to a very crucial time in our country that transcends party affiliation, race, religion and personal philosophy. Are we going to live the vision of our founding fathers or are we going to turn our backs on them in order to fulfill a utopian ideal that in logical sense, can't exist?

I don't have the answer to this, except for what I know in my own heart and soul to be true. Is there going to be a tipping point? Is there ever going to be that mystical "go time" that we talk about tongue in cheek? I live in the Commonwealth, so finding others who share my mindset is very difficult indeed.

Help me here, brothers and sisters - I feel as if the hour has grown dark and that sometimes, its very few of us who are willing to light the torch.

I disagree. What he did, accidental or intentional, shouldn't even be illegal in the first place.

That's not the point...truth is perception and perception is truth, but you live in the world of ideology and I live in the world of Massachusetts reality, big difference...the world of BattleSnail and the world of what is, are two very different places. [wink] Guess what world prevails? [smile] Guess what group is going to get painted with the same broad brush by the MSM as this poor soul/fool [thinking]? See it's it not that you disagree, and it's not about what you think is right cuz nobody cares what you think...that's the point...and nobody cares what I think either or what's right...all you can do is spout off on an internet forum about how wrong it is...see? Ain't no go time here bub.

Reading some of the commentary on WCVB, I am very frustrated. Some are saying that because of the way he dressed, he's suspicious. Some say because he tried to leave the checkpoint, he's suspicious and that the cops were right to grab him.

I often ask myself how far is this going to go when stories like this come about, and reading the bleating of the citizenry, I think I have my answer. We are coming to a very crucial time in our country that transcends party affiliation, race, religion and personal philosophy. Are we going to live the vision of our founding fathers or are we going to turn our backs on them in order to fulfill a utopian ideal that in logical sense, can't exist?

We have entered the time in history where we are repeating the history of the late 1930s in Germany. 9/11 was the excuse for all this.

The sheep applaud the "black shirts" saving them from all sorts of "terrorist" activities (such as a LTC holder actually carrying a gun). There will be no hue and cry about the injustices, merely the majority relieved that the "black shirts" saved them!

The above is at least the current and future in the major cities. Life in the suburbs/rural areas will likely be a lot more sensible . . . at least for a while.

Sad time for what was once a great country.

Yes. UMass cops have jurisdiction beyond campus. People find this out the hard way usually. First year of the UMass car show, dozens of cars got pulled over off campus after thinking that they can do burnouts and then quickly leave school grounds and be okay.
Sigh. Look at Commonwealth vs Steven Smeaton. This may give you some insight as the burn outs at your car show. They do not have statewide jurisdiction.

Yes. UMass cops have jurisdiction beyond campus. People find this out the hard way usually. First year of the UMass car show, dozens of cars got pulled over off campus after thinking that they can do burnouts and then quickly leave school grounds and be okay.

burnouts aren't protected by first amendment?
seems the progressives would want to be sure the tires have the right to speak

Back
Top Bottom