Man arrested at BU trying to carry guns into graduation ceremony

I find it funny that no one has figured out why he had two firearms on him.

He had one, She had one. "We got them for my birthday" "The couple is both licensed."

My wild ass guess would be he took hers from her purse and was going to put them in the car and someone saw something and said something to the PD.

It is absolutely chilling that stepping out of a security line is now PC for an (illegal, IMO) search

Some sentences I may have had in reserve in his position:

"I left my camera in the car, can my wife keep my place in line?"

"I need to find a restroom, IMMEDIATELY." Dance from leg to leg for emphasis

"I am supposed to take a medication at <15 minutes ago>"

Or it could be simply that they have no excuse and they got restricted LTCs and they are simply fools and all speculation is idle.

I fear they are more ignorant than foolish, but certainly both :(

Did anyone catch the clip interviewing the wife where she downplays the lethality of the shield 9, saying "it's not going to pack a very powerful punch, it's basically only good for shooting turkeys"?

ETA-

she comes in about 0:33 http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/05/...gedly-carrying-two-guns-outside-commencement/

Last edited:
It is absolutely chilling that stepping out of a security line is now PC for an (illegal, IMO) >"

This. And that the fxcking sheep in this state not only allow it they cheer about it.

Fuxking pussies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could this be really bad timing for the Comm2a case right now about Chiefs discretionary power, etc???
Well there was a time when I would have chalked up certain events to mere coincidence. Now I must wonder. Some people will do anything for money. Restricted license from a green town.
Odd attire

Perhaps an offhand remark about having not one but two guns to the police while leaving a security line

A strange remark by the spouse

Charges get dismissed license is revoked money is pocketed, no harm, no foul, score one for the gun grabbers and the accused could care less if can get a LTC in the future or not Draw your own conclusions [tinfoil] but these days ANYTHING is possible.

Last edited:
Here the test case

No, it's probably not. This has about an 80% chance of never making it to trial. A "deal" will get cut and the quality of the deal will be somewhat contingent on how good his lawyer is.

-Mike

I find it funny that no one has figured out why he had two firearms on him.

He had one, She had one. "We got them for my birthday" "The couple is both licensed."

My wild ass guess would be he took hers from her purse and was going to put them in the car and someone saw something and said something to the PD.
I was thinking the same thing this morning. Don't know anyone who carries two Shields. Of course it was the wife's gun.

Which brings up the question of whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

On the one hand, it supports the fact that there was no motive here other than to put both of their guns in the car to comply with the sign and the law.

On the other hand, it might allow them to charge the wife too. [thinking]

Sigh. Look at Commonwealth vs Steven Smeaton. This may give you some insight as the burn outs at your car show. They do not have statewide jurisdiction.
Thank you. I didnt want to start another pissing contest. In college towns some have a little more area than than campus that they have authority over. Most times it is on streets that abut the campus or frat houses and the local police control this. Most of the campus police use the state police academy for training but that is as close to them being related to any form of state trooper that they will ever get.
Most if not all of the Worcester campuses have their own police force and are very limited in their off campus activities.

Well there was a time when I would have chalked up certain events to mere coincidence. Now I must wonder. Some people will do anything for money. Restricted license from a green town.
Odd attire

Perhaps an offhand remark about having not one but two guns to the police while leaving a security line

A strange remark by the spouse

Charges get dismissed license is revoked money is pocketed, no harm, no foul, score one for the gun grabbers and the accused could care less if can get a LTC in the future or not Draw your own conclusions [tinfoil] but these days ANYTHING is possible.

Interresting thought that seems plausible given the situation:
-They live in a green town
-Both only recently got their LTCs
-At least his LTC was restricted, not sure of hers
-Odd attire and drawing attention to himself
-Allegedly on or entering school property

Bloomberg said he was going to spend $50,000,000 to push his gun control agenda. He never elaborated on how he was going to spend it.

It is absolutely chilling that stepping out of a security line is now PC for an (illegal, IMO) search

I don't care what they were or were not licensed for, the stop/search should not have happened.

also, I don't consider getting a restricted LTC but carrying anyways "foolish" I would consider having the means to protect yourself and not utilizing it far more foolish

Interresting thought that seems plausible given the situation:
-They live in a green town
-Both only recently got their LTCs
-At least his LTC was restricted, not sure of hers
-Odd attire and drawing attention to himself
-Allegedly on or entering school property

Bloomberg said he was going to spend $50,000,000 to push his gun control agenda. He never elaborated on how he was going to spend it.

And I can't find anything on the net on this dude. [tinfoil]

I heard about this about an hour after I left the ceremony (my brother graduated from engineering). I can't say I am surprised by the security/police presence given all that has happened in Boston over the past year and a half, but it was many orders of magnitude more restrictive than when I graduated form there 3 years ago. Security even made all the graduates remove their gowns before being allowed through.

I heard about this about an hour after I left the ceremony (my brother graduated from engineering). I can't say I am surprised by the security/police presence given all that has happened in Boston over the past year and a half, but it was many orders of magnitude more restrictive than when I graduated form there 3 years ago. Security even made all the graduates remove their gowns before being allowed through.

Checking if the graduates were fully clothed underneath. "Conspiracy to commit streaking" is the latest pre-crime. [rofl]

Because Boston Strong™.

I Also think that it comes down to the individual who did their LTC training, not that this helps him now. Most instructors go over the where to carry and not to carry from what I remember.

I Also think that it comes down to the individual who did their LTC training, not that this helps him now. Most instructors go over the where to carry and not to carry from what I remember.

Not always. There are so many schlocky instructors and certificate mills out there that they don't necessarily do this. Not to mention even if he did receive this information that doesn't mean it was "received". For some people a BFS cert is "going through the motions" just to get a license. I know a lot of people also that never took a BFS/pistol course in their life. They had an FID and they got grandfathered through the system into an LTC over the years as it changed over post GCA-98. Hang around in a gun shop long enough and just listening to the customers alone, its clear that at least half of them don't have a good understanding of the laws, even some of the more basic ones.

-Mike

No it doesn't. Regardless of the state of the law, one is bound to know it and to either follow it, or willfully ignore it. You walk out into this world and the law will treat you the way you deserve - no one is going to say, you had a right to remain silent, you waived it but you didn't know any better. Ignorance is no excuse, and my gut tells me he knew he was in the wrong but chose to do what he wanted. Now, the minute he was stopped by the police, he should have shut his mouth, his wife should shut her mouth RIGHT DAMN NOW, and they should talk to an attorney. He ****ed up, but so did the cops, and he and his family are screwing it up even worse.

The f*cking guy is going into a sports arena, how could that f*cking possibly NOT be carrying for sporting purposes?

lol

But officer, there are so many good looking coeds at the graduation I was told it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

sent via Samsung Galaxy S4 / 4G LTE & Tapatalk 2

The police don't need probable cause if the person consents to a search, or admits to a crime (thereby creating PC). I don't know if this guy consented, but my guess is he did.

how could he admit to a crime when it seems he didn't even know he was guilty of a crime?

my guess is they asked to search and were granted permission or never asked because it doesn't matter

Back
Top Bottom