Man arrested at BU trying to carry guns into graduation ceremony

Carrying with a restricted license. [rolleyes] If that is accurate, that's a major problem there. Yeah, I know some will argue that a license to carry is a license to carry...period, here we go again.

It doesn't matter if the guy is acquitted or not, he will never be deemed to be a suitable person for licensing purposes.

I get where some of you are coming from but in Massachusetts Bizzaroland this is an example of PSGWSP.

Having a restricted is the least of this guys problems, to the point of being inconsequential. Hopefully he can dodge becoming a PP and move out of this shithole, making the suitability issue moot.

- - - Updated - - -

The carry on school charge can result in a PP? I thought it was only one year imprisonment

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure its a max 2.5 just like DUI is. Nobody would ever serve time for this, but that isn't relevant to PP status.

I am pretty sure its a max 2.5 just like DUI is. Nobody would ever serve time for this, but that isn't relevant to PP status.

Your "pretry sure" is mistaken

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section10

(j) Whoever, not being a law enforcement officer, and notwithstanding any license obtained by him under the provisions of chapter one hundred and forty, carries on his person a firearm as hereinafter defined, loaded or unloaded or other dangerous weapon in any building or on the grounds of any elementary or secondary school, college or university without the written authorization of the board or officer in charge of such elementary or secondary school, college or university shall be punished by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars or by imprisonment for not more than one year, or both. For the purpose of this paragraph, “firearm” shall mean any pistol, revolver, rifle or smoothbore arm from which a shot, bullet or pellet can be discharged by whatever means.

The carry on school charge can result in a PP? I thought it was only one year imprisonment

I was clearly wrong. I could have sworn this was a disabling conviction, but thankfully for this guy it isn't.

Harry Agganis Way has parking meters on it that are maintained by BTD. On any of the streets BU has bought from the city, the meters have been removed and vehicle access is restricted.

BU is riddled with private ways. They frequently buy the roads from the city. I would never take a gun near that part of the city because they own so much of the area.

Not really familiar with the M&P Shield but why did the DA's office call it a high capacity handgun?

Not really familiar with the M&P Shield but why did the DA's office call it a high capacity handgun?

A total ****ing lie to further villify high capacity magazines in the general public eye

The media does not have to tell the truth, nor does the government.

The standard mag for all shields is way below 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BU is riddled with private ways. They frequently buy the roads from the city. I would never take a gun near that part of the city because they own so much of the area.

That's what sucks about this state, and the city.

Boston is a small city. It is very easy to walk from one end to the other. If you are not familiar with it, you could very easily walk through restricted areas without realizing it.

This happened to me after the January rally last year. Ended up on some school's property inside a commercial building. Beat a quick retreat and walked the long way around.

When I go into Boston, it's by the T. No car to lock the gun in. The CMRs that restrict carry in certain areas are another issue. If you are not from the area, you have no idea, and there is no signage posted. Concealed means concealed, but still don't like being in that situation.

This guy was inexperienced at carrying and probably panicked and got antsy when he saw the signs. I just nonchalantly pat my pockets like I forgot something and turn around.

news this morning said he had a restricted ltcb. havent looked into it really but seems like an idiot none the less.

I like how they all say it was a LOADED gun. who the hell carries around an empty gun?

Last edited:

Because to the anti media, anything more than one round is high capacity.

Oh, and Catherine Parrotta on Fox reported that either BU or BPD said that nobody was in any danger. Well then why put this guy through the ringer?

Last edited:
Why would they be watching for people who turn away from a security gate at something like this, assuming that's what happened here? I cant help but think of those stories over the past few years of technology that lets them scan people from a distance.

ETA:

The increased security ahead of the graduation ceremony was a direct result of the marathon bombings and included metal detectors and increased police detail.

They had all sorts of new electronic toys deployed to Boston to help keep us strong a few weeks ago. Makes you wonder how many are still around and being used as part of the new normal in these parts.

Last edited:
Allegedly spotted trying to turn back from checkpoint, prior to the point at which he voluntarily submitted to a search. The MA courts have already ruled you cannot withdraw consent once the voluntary search starts, but have not yet ruled that you cannot leave the line for such a search once you are in it.

I would be willing to bet the chances a MA court would find that leaving a search line is probably cause for an involuntary search is rather high.

Regarding checkpoints: In dui checkpoints I have heard that when you see one you have the option to turn around and so long as you don't break any traffic laws any stop would be inadmissable in court. If this is true I wonder if this is applicable

The comments on Boston.com are what's wrong with this state/country. No objective analysis of anything, just emotionally charged ignorant and inflammatory statements.

Article XVII. The people have a right to keep and to bear arms for the common defence. And as, in time of peace, armies are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be maintained without the consent of the legislature; and the military power shall always be held in an exact subordination to the civil authority, and be governed by it.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/Constitution

Last edited:
Are they trying to condition us to the future?

The new magic number is 7.

The WZLX moonbats made it a point to say "they were both dressed in all black and very Gothic looking". Followed by, "what do u need a gun at a graduation for, idiots"??.

Last edited:
Welcome to Massachusetts, where...

*boot stomps on your face*

Sounds to me like this guy is going to get screwed for simply being a newbie. He went through the LTC process, and I'm guessing his criminal record is probably clean. I have to wonder what his reasoning was to carry on a restricted license? Maybe he saw it mentioned on a thread here somewhere that "an LTC is an LTC", and took it for truth. It should be truth, but unfortunately for him it isn't. If there is a legal fund set up for him I will certainly throw in a few bucks. IMO he did absolutely nothing wrong besides being ignorant, willfully or not, to worthless f*cking laws.

A total ****ing lie to further villify high capacity magazines in the general public eye

The media does not have to tell the truth, nor does the government.

The standard mag for all shields is way below 10

Precisely how do you know what gun(s) he was carrying? I'm quite sure the Shield displayed in the article was a file photo.

"I would be willing to bet the chances a MA court would find that leaving a search line is probably cause for an involuntary search is rather high."

Thanks for the insight - I hope the court would require that there be ample warning that a search is imminent, otherwise the lesson is that just joining a queue line is grounds for stop and frisk.

This is Massachusetts ("Puke-a-chusetts") where it's ALMOST a stop-and-frisk state already anyways, and, after the Marathon bombings and shelter in place crap, may very well go full Nazi if the political climate here doesn't change, and SOON...

A place where Nazi's who accidentally shot one of their own officers ("Whoops!") and then lost a TEENAGED suspect they had surrounded in Watertown, locked citizens down like sheep, raiding houses at their will as if in Germany in the 1930s, until, embarrassed by their fruitless lockdown, they "allowed" everyone to step outside, whereupon a guy having a smoke in his back yard "found" the suspect that the ARMY of law enforcers couldn't.

And the final images that night were of the Sheeple, standing by the roadside, cheering and applauding these "Heroic" Nazi's for a "job well done".

Are we really that far away from ""Stop and Frisk", and didn't this kid realize that it's difficult enough for an LTC-A unrestricted holder like myself to walk around this commie state, even "legally" carrying, without concern that I'm violating some Nazi or Liber-tard statute, rule, law, etc...I mean, Jesus, when I went to Fenway with the wife and kids last year, summertime, in shorts, and carrying (took the T, plus I never go out unarmed), then saw they were seriously patting people down at the Fenway gate (in full post marathon panic, it was July), I stepped into the restroom and inserted my SW442 pocket snubbie into my Fruit of the Loom briefs, resting atop and around my, um, well, y'know..and figuring no male security guard would go for a squeeze in that area.

And I was stunned when the dude actually ran his hand literally within milliimeters of my scrotum.

So how far are we, actually, from stop & frisk?

*Looking on the bright side, however, of that day at Fenway: having been married for over 20 years, that frisk was some of the best action I'd had since before my youngest daughter was born in 1996. As we proceeded through the checkpoint I whispered this to my Sicilian wife....
She "failed to see the humor" in my remark...[wink]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom