• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Manchester, NH Gun Show, 14-15 Jan 2012

So I take it this is a show actually worth going to or...
I have never been to a show before.

So I take it this is a show actually worth going to or...
I have never been to a show before.

In a word, yes. You'll see a wide variety of tables - from storefront vendors to Uncle Joe in from sticks. The ammo boys from New York have competition there, so ammo prices are generally lower. Lots of milsurps, lots of AR stuff, and lots of accessories. It's not a huge show, but there's alot in a small space, and all the tables are filled. Best of all, TAX FREE sales.

The entrance line can be pretty hefty. Plan on coming in really early (like an hour before opening) or wait until late morning to show up.

There are far worse ways to spend a few hours on a winter weekend.

I'd love to find a Mosin M44 there.

A guy from MA can buy one in NH right from an FFL? I need to look up how to do that.

I'd love to find a Mosin M44 there.

A guy from MA can buy one in NH right from an FFL? I need to look up how to do that.

Nothing to look up. Federal Law allows FFLs to transfer long guns to out of state buyers. If a guy from MA has his C&R he can buy a Mosin in NH from anyone that wants to sell him one. [wink]

It's a pretty good show. Last year I walked out with a Marlin 1894 for $300.00 with a free box of ammo and a case thrown in to boot. Nice not having to pay shipping, transfer, or sales tax on top of that.

Last edited:
I am crossing my fingers and hoping that there are at least 3 ammo vendors, including "forklift guy". If there are 2 or less vendors, the prices will be pure s**t, it would appear that there is a third vendor that, if they show up, then magically, at least all the big vendors fall in line on the common calibers.

In Fall of 2010 I scored a case of 9mm from "forklift guy" for a few bucks cheaper than pretty much anywhere online.

-Mike

I have never been to a show before, maybe worth it to just look around??? Maybe if I saw something I would pick it up. Are there holster tables here as well, pretty much anything gun related???? I will make the trip even if I don't buy anything.

There is at least two guys that always have holsters., There are also scopes for your AK cheap, targets, bore lights, secured boxes for the handgun in the car, and,,,,and,,,,and,,,,,

The show starts to look the same after a few trips, but if you slow down, you can always find a gem. I believe 50BMG scored a collectable Mosin a few shows ago. AT THE END OF THE DAY!!!! (one would think all the good things were gone by then, but i will leave that story to him.)

Excellent. I have it on the calendar and will be going to just poke around and see what's there. Maybe some ammo or a couple holsters if the prices are right. Maybe a gun too...[smile] First show, so should be good just to check things out.

There'll be ammo there, same as any gun show, and you won't have to pay sales tax.

The prices could be good, or they could be pure crap, depending. At least if the prices are pure crap you can go to Walmart down the street or over to Riley's. [laugh]

-Mike

Nothing to look up. Federal Law allows FFLs to transfer long guns to out of state buyers. If a guy from MA has his C&R he can buy a Mosin in NH from anyone that wants to sell him one. [wink]

It's a pretty good show. Last year I walked out with a Marlin 1894 for $300.00 with a free box of ammo and a case thrown in to boot. Nice not having to pay shipping, transfer, or sales tax on top of that.

Do you need C&R? I sent in my application, but I don't think I'll have it by that weekend.

Do you need C&R? I sent in my application, but I don't think I'll have it by that weekend.

Most of the people at the show selling stuff are dealers, no C&R required. Worst case you could walk the person over to a dealer and do a transfer through an NH dealer on a long gun.

-Mike

Thanks. Any paperwork to be filed on my part afterwards?

If you bring it into MA you have to file an FA-10 on it within 7 days. Check registration, fill out the gun's info and your info... DO NOT list seller. (there is no "seller" with a "registration").

-Mike

The prices could be good, or they could be pure crap, depending. At least if the prices are pure crap you can go to Walmart down the street or over to Riley's. [laugh]

-Mike

Mike, Riley has set up there the past couple shows which has been great. His prices are great and it forces the other ammo sellers prices down. last show he was selling cases of 556 and 7.62x39 and 545 for wholesale prices.

If folks need a Ma. dealer please stop by and see me. I am sure we can help you out. Just about every great find I have purchased from the past N.H. shows have been from folks walking around selling off personal stuff. The Czech marked M38 was one of my better finds.

Always can pick up targets, AR parts are everywhere. prices are OK but a good selection. For all of you who do not have a N.H. residence you can droll over the AK's the handguns that are not MA compliant....sorry.

The line moves quick. If you don't want to wait get there early. About an hour. The restaurant in the place serves a good breakfast too.

There is always Riley's to stop by. As I said in an earlier post the ammo prices just without sales tax sometimes makes a difference. Also the last show the larger of the three ammo dealers had some hard to find calibers. like French MAS, Jap, Swiss 6.5 and 7.5 and I found some brass cased 7.62x54R!!!!

Please stop by and say hello. I will be the ugly guy working at Stoney Acres. If i have something you want I will do my best to get the best price I can for you from the owner. Some folks have walked away with some gifts from time to time as well[wink]

Last edited:
Mike, Riley has set up there the past couple shows which has been great. His prices are great and it forces the other ammo sellers prices down. last show he was selling cases of 556 and 7.62x39 and 545 for wholesale prices.

Hmm. The last show I went to at Manch (this past fall?) there was only one big ammo vendor, and save for their price on .357 mag practice ammo, nothing jumped out at me. I'm still going anyways regardless. [grin]

I know what you're talking about, though. One time Riley's was there, and they had 5.56 cheaper than most of the others, although they got wiped out fast.

-Mike

What would be considered good prices on cases of say 9mm, 45auto, and 357mag??? Because at Walmart's prices, 9mm would be around $200 or a little less I believe??

I usually have just bought boxes here or there, but if the prices are good, I would consider a case. It would have to be cheaper though then say Walmart's prices or it doesn't really seem worth it, IMO.

I am going to go regardless, just to poke around. I am curious to see what else I may or may not find there.

If I can only get away for one saturday this month should I go to Manchester or Marlboro. I've been to Marlboro the last few shows and only bought a few small things. I guess I'm asking is Manchester better than Marlboro?

If I can only get away for one saturday this month should I go to Manchester or Marlboro. I've been to Marlboro the last few shows and only bought a few small things. I guess I'm asking is Manchester better than Marlboro?

Manchester is a lot smaller than Marlboro, probably half the size. It also costs a few bucks less to get into (if you don't use the garage, but I am lazy and always use the garage). Manchester is less crowded, but there is also a LOT less stuff.

I like Manchester better but only because of the other stuff I can get to in the area. EG, after I hit the show I can go shoot at MFL or I can go up to Riley's while I'm out that way. Also, no sales tax in NH. At most of the MA gun shows sales tax is what I would call "rigidly" enforced due to the MDOR thugs.

BTW most gun shows suck. If you go to them -expecting- to find something then you will always be disappointed. I go to gun shows expecting to be let down. Then it's nice when you manage to find something interesting. It's better to set your expectations low. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
since i went looking for something kind of sort of i found it was a huge disappointment last time aside from the .357 magnum i bought that threw out some huge fireballs at MFL.

however there was that .357 lever gun that i fiercely wanted to buy from the good state line (a.k.a. not mason) but i would have been castrated by my fiancee if i bought it.

So can a guy from mass buy ammo?

yeah--at walmart. the last time i was there drgrant and i got a way better price on ammo at walmart down the road than at the show because the larger ammo vendor was absent.

I agree Mike, I've been to enough car and bike swapmeets to know you hope to find something not expect to. I have a few things in mind but if anything I'll probably buy something I wasn't even thinking of.

Back
Top Bottom