Manchester, NH Gun Show, 14-15 Jan 2012

since i went looking for something kind of sort of i found it was a huge disappointment last time aside from the .357 magnum i bought that threw out some huge fireballs at MFL.

however there was that .357 lever gun that i fiercely wanted to buy from the good state line (a.k.a. not mason) but i would have been castrated by my fiancee if i bought it.

yeah--at walmart. the last time i was there drgrant and i got a way better price on ammo at walmart down the road than at the show because the larger ammo vendor was absent.
Are walmarts in NH like down here though? Where you never know if they are stocked, and when they are, it's like 1 box of some caliber you've never heard of?

Are walmarts in NH like down here though? Where you never know if they are stocked, and when they are, it's like 1 box of some caliber you've never heard of?

"Momma always said life is like a Walmart ammo case, you never know what your're gonna get."

Yes, they are all like that, but we had no problem getting 95% of what we were looking for. (mainly 9mm. ) If you are coming from No. Central Ma you could set up the trip so you can hit at least 3 NH walmarts if one doesn't have what you want. If you're going to Riley's too, you could stop at the one in Hooksett, and there are at least one or two in the Manch area, and then there is a supercenter on 101A in Amherst. (It's only a couple miles or so off rte 101 if you're taking the route I take. ).

-Mike

Yes, they are all like that, but we had no problem getting 95% of what we were looking for. (mainly 9mm. ) If you are coming from No. Central Ma you could set up the trip so you can hit at least 3 NH walmarts if one doesn't have what you want. If you're going to Riley's too, you could stop at the one in Hooksett, and there are at least one or two in the Manch area, and then there is a supercenter on 101A in Amherst. (It's only a couple miles or so off rte 101 if you're taking the route I take. ).

-Mike

I am not sure what to think of the fact how you have all the routes for Walmarts. [laugh] Thanks seriously though. Yes, I will be coming from my house in Worcester, so I will have to see what is around if the ammo prices at the show are junk. riley's didn't seem to bad when I went there before, still not as good as Walmart. I will make sure my iPhone is charged for the GPS if I need it. [smile]

At least at Walmart, I can get those 100 round Fed packs, if you bastards don't take them all. [rofl]

Last edited:
There is a Walmart off Rt 93 Hooksett exit which is before the tolls. They usually have a good stock of 9, 40, 45, shotgun and 22. I cant remember the exit number but its the exit where home depot is.
So if you don't see anything at the show take a ride to Riley s and Walmart. Heck make a day of it.

So the two things I will be interested in buying are 9mm and/or AK74. What are my odds for finding a good deal on either? This will be my first gun show.

So the two things I will be interested in buying are 9mm and/or AK74. What are my odds for finding a good deal on either? This will be my first gun show.

Zilch.

Its a gun show. It means you are going to get screwed. Gun show special price is usually everyday price plus a few more bucks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Zilch.

Its a gun show. It means you are going to get screwed. Gun show special price is usually everyday price plus a few more bucks.

Which is why I'm going Sunday. Get them just as they're getting ready to load their stuff back into the boxes....the less they can pack back up, the happier they are, and the more willing they are to sell cheaper. I used to do this all the time at train shows and most of the time it works in the buyer's favor. I can't imagine gun shows are any different in that regard.

I am not sure what to think of the fact how you have all the routes for Walmarts. [laugh] Thanks seriously though. Yes, I will be coming from my house in Worcester, so I will have to see what is around if the ammo prices at the show are junk. riley's didn't seem to bad when I went there before, still not as good as Walmart. I will make sure my iPhone is charged for the GPS if I need it. [smile]

At least at Walmart, I can get those 100 round Fed packs, if you bastards don't take them all. [rofl]

Time to start reloading.
$.34/round of fo-tay from Wal-mart.
~ $.25/round if I reload. [smile] Or thereabouts....unless I'm really screwing up [wink]

Zilch.

I would still give it a try. One year Century sent a dealer and they were selling AK's for low money. But, and this is the part that makes most ma. folks cry, you cant buy them because they don't meet the Ma law.

Gunshows are like any thing else. Sometimes you can score. There are some folks dumping inventory, others are high priced. Just like dealers and Mega gun stores. Go to any of the biggies, like Bass Pro, there prices are out of sight. So unless you plan on going to the big Arizona show don't expect a super large selection. Also remember we live in an area of the country where guns sales are no where near the south or west. But its still a good show to go to, you never know what may turn up.

Plus what in the hell is a gun show price, I work for a dealer, we sell the firearm for what we do at the store. We pay for tables, gas to get back and forth and sometimes hotel costs if its a 3 hour ride. Try setting up at one of these shows. Dealers need to make money too. Its a business just like the laser engraving business in your signature line. You wont get screwed unless you let yourself get screwed. So to answer the member asking is it worth going to I would say yes. If only to get out and look around.

Last edited:
Gunshows are like any thing else. Sometimes you can score. There are some folks dumping inventory, others are high priced. Just like dealers and Mega gun stores.

This!! There will be some great deals and some horrible deals. It's up to us to sort them out. IMHO anyone who can go to a gun show and not find something worth buying isn't trying hard enough. It might be a $5 item or a new gun. Who knows? At the very least you'll see and handle a lot of guns and knives. That's worth the price of admission right there.

Which is why I'm going Sunday. Get them just as they're getting ready to load their stuff back into the boxes....the less they can pack back up, the happier they are, and the more willing they are to sell cheaper. I used to do this all the time at train shows and most of the time it works in the buyer's favor. I can't imagine gun shows are any different in that regard.
I got a bayonet for my M1 Carbine by being there late on the Sunday. I think I got $25 off of the price he wanted [grin]

Plus what in the hell is a gun show price, I work for a dealer, we sell the firearm for what we do at the store. We pay for tables, gas to get back and forth and sometimes hotel costs if its a 3 hour ride. Try setting up at one of these shows. Dealers need to make money too. Its a business just like the laser engraving business in your signature line. You wont get screwed unless you let yourself get screwed. So to answer the member asking is it worth going to I would say yes. If only to get out and look around.

There is a "gun show price".

Its that 3x5 index card that has been taped to the stock of a rifle for the past 5 years to where its starting to yellow.
Its the guy from NY that has been bringing the same pistols and cases for the last decade or longer and the price cards are showing their age.
Its the tags with the prices scratched out and lowered each time but is still $50 more than your local dealers.
Its the Glock 27 on the right side of the show for $500 and the Glock 27 on the left side of the show for $900.
Old worn boxes of Winchester Whitebox ammo $5 a box more than new at Bass Pro.
Thats gun show pricing.

I will stop there. Don't play dumb here. We all know what gun show prices are.

Heading up on Sunday with two other NES members, gonna be looking for some AR goodies for my new Stag 2T and some surplus ammo for my milsurps.

Dumb idea. Setup time is the best (if you can finagle your way in via a dealer you know) 2nd best is Sat Am. By Sunday @ Close all the good stuff is gone. Sunday is "garbage day" for most gun shows. Hell even on Saturdays if I can't get to a gun show before like 1PM I usually don't bother going because I -know- that 95% of the good stuff is gone by then (if there was any good stuff to be had, that is. )

It's not like a hamfest or crap like that. The guys that price their stuff too high love carrying it around. I've seen one douchebag that carried around the same non-rare 40 round AK mag for like 2 years at Marlboro. Do you really think he's going to budge on his $50 price tag 5 minutes before the show closes? [rofl]

-Mike

Last edited:

Your odds are in the slim to none category, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Go in expecting nothing (except a chance to look at guns and talk to people) and if you leave with something you stumbled upon at a reasonable price, then it's a bonus.

-Mike

It's worth noting though that not every dealer at a show prices stuff that retarded. It also helps in some cases when dealing in cash.

There also used to be a guy that came to the NH shows that sold sigs cheaper than any other dealer in the state, but I haven't seen him in a couple of years now. He was still above gunbroker, but still cheaper than most gun dealers.

-Mike

At the Last Gun show in West Lebanon NH last November, I was looking for a Walther PPKS.

For a PPKS for the same exact model (S&M) model. I saw prices from $420 to $650 with a few in the middle for the exact same new gun. You can guess which one I bought. Some prices are good. Some prices are way to high. You have to really shop around at the show.

Thanks

Mark

There is a "gun show price".

Its that 3x5 index card that has been taped to the stock of a rifle for the past 5 years to where its starting to yellow.
Its the guy from NY that has been bringing the same pistols and cases for the last decade or longer and the price cards are showing their age.
Its the tags with the prices scratched out and lowered each time but is still $50 more than your local dealers.
Its the Glock 27 on the right side of the show for $500 and the Glock 27 on the left side of the show for $900.
Old worn boxes of Winchester Whitebox ammo $5 a box more than new at Bass Pro.
Thats gun show pricing.

Then don't go, God give it a rest.

Talk about the same old index cards on items from years past is that like web sites with year old events posted.

If all you want to do is complain do us all a favor, keep it to yourself. I always say if you don't have anything good to say then don't say it. You made your point in your first post.Most of us like going to see whats there. Its a day out. For you it appears you seek out all that is bad and nothing that is good in events like this. I agree there are some dealers that ask way to much for some of their items, but wake up and go to Gunbroker or Auction arms. The M44 carbine super rare and all it is a Century import for $499.. So its not just gun shows that this type of over pricing occurs. As far as I know we are all awake here we just choose to go and look and have fun. If you as I said before don't want to attend stay home that's your choice and we respect that.

In closing, if you are calling me dumb try again. I have been collecting for over 30 years and have picked up some very good deals at gun shows. Even some of the smaller ones.

Enjoy your weekend not attending, we who attend wont miss you,............. why we enjoy our self's and don't look at the bad side of gun-shows.

Last edited:
If all you want to do is complain do us all a favor, keep it to yourself.

[thumbsup]
Sometimes even I get tired of the negative comments. [smile]

Go whenever you want: Saturday at the crack of dawn, or Sunday, right at closing time. Your call, I choose to go when I go for my reasons, not yours.
If you're already prepared to be dismayed by prices, you're going to find exactly that.

Go, look around. If something tickles your fancy, go for it. If not, well, you can then say you wasted $8, gas, and a few hours looking at someone else's junk that you thought was already too expensive or worthless.

Hey $8 admission to look at gun stuff as long as I want? beats the movies.

That says it all to me. I don't go to the movies any more, but you can only go back to the same gun shop so many times before your there to talk and not look. I guess its time I pop my show cherry.

I mean don't get me wrong.... I still go to the things, (and have been for years) I just don't set my expectations too high, and similarly, never get that disappointed. It's fun running into friends, too.

I have found few gems at shows here and there. For example I picked up a REALLY nice blued, old school Remington 870 Magnum at the Lunenburg show for $200.

-Mike

I watch prices pretty closely. Best prices i find are at gun shows and NES classifieds. Some gun show dealers are SOS, but I always come away having had a good time and usually find what i am looking for.

I will be in attendance. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom