• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Manchester, NH Gun Show, 14-15 Jan 2012

Got there at 10:30. Stood in line for ~45 minutes. Walked around the show for about 45 minutes. Didn't really see any "deals". Alot of over priced stuff. Might break even on a few items buying online after FFL transfer and shipping. Easily do better online with a C&R.

piles of ammo, some guns if you knew where to look. almost bought an uzi from umlaut but couldn't find a fixed stock to make it MA compliant... yes i was going to modify it right in the middle of the show... yes i am ashamed that i still live in this communist shithole.

i was the tall guy walking and running around (on a schedule!) in the porsche shoot shirt. if you saw me and didn't say hi--you suck. lenS said hello at least! as did jim when drgrant and i hit up the MFL table for our ammo voucher.

Pretty much the same as everyone else said. Got there at 1030, waited about 30 minutes to get in. Maybe they could hire a couple more ladies to sell tickets or something.

Not a huge show, lots of overpriced MilSurps including a very pretty $800.00 SKS with a scope and nice furniture. Not $800.00 nice. One new dealer (can't remember the name) who had decent prices on ammo. He even had some commercial .303 British for $17.00/ box. I bought that, a box of 9mm, some paper targets and an ammo can that I paid too much for. That last was to punish myself for not bringing something along to carry the ammo in.

Expensive handguns galore along with some pretty expensive, at least I thought so, used and NOS magazines.

Kind of a small show, at least I thought so.

piles of ammo, some guns if you knew where to look. almost bought an uzi from umlaut but couldn't find a fixed stock to make it MA compliant... yes i was going to modify it right in the middle of the show... yes i am ashamed that i still live in this communist shithole.

i was the tall guy walking and running around (on a schedule!) in the porsche shoot shirt. if you saw me and didn't say hi--you suck. lenS said hello at least! as did jim when drgrant and i hit up the MFL table for our ammo voucher.

This.

For those looking for case lots of ammo, this show was WAY better than the last Manch show, an easily better than Marlboro has been for the past couple of years or so on ammo.

-Mike

How are the prices on reloading components? Anyone happen to notice?

The person selling most of the reloading crap was more or less in the same realm as Riley's is, nothing too spectacular, at least judging from their primer prices. I've never found really good component prices at gun shows, except if you're into lead bullets and that guy from northeast bullets is there.

-Mike

I saw one other guy with an NES hat, didn't recognize him. Saw two vendors with Magpul 30rd magazines for $14/15, and another guy selling the exact same mags for $21!. I also saw the overpriced Mosins. I was hoping to find someone carrying Yankee Hill front guard rails, but didn't see any. I'll head back on Sunday for any possible deals. The line was about 30 min long, and parking was tight. All told, it was a good show and I got good prices on the magazines. 50BMG (Fred) gets kudos for great advice and a bargain on Mosin Nagant stripper clips.

Yup one dealer has a tin of 1080 corrosive 5.45 X39 for $140 a few tables down another guy wanted $180 for the same stuff and according to him " was a great buy as you cant get this stuff any more". GFY my local dealer usually has non corrosive for $5.00 a box LOL

Huge Line of People. Very Hot. Not a lot of air inside the hall. I found several pistols that were about break-even with mail order but by then they said the wait for Handgun approval from the NH Gun Line was close to 90 minutes or more (according to the vendors). Bought some cheap british 303 ammo for our Enfield jungle carbine. My son noticed cheap ammo for Carcano and said he saw a good cheap Carcano rifle. Ended up Buying the rifle for $99 and the ammo for $15 a box (5 minute approval on Federal NICS gun line and we were out of there). We were glad to get out of there. Stopped at Collectable Firearms and Ammo in Merrimack NH on the way home. Bought a Polish P-64 Radium and a Sig 238 SAS. Will pick them up Tuesday when the NH gun line is not backed up.

I ended up going. Got there around 2. No line at all...lol. Was planning on being disappointed and was...lol. Nothing really that special but still fun to check out the guns anyways. I saw one vendor had an M&P-22 for (I think) 385. Kinda want to get one but that's gonna have to wait. One vendor saw my NES valet shirt and commented on a couple of other guys that had them earlier and couldn't stop talking about it...I guess you made quite the impression, Atilla...LOL.

I got there about 12:30 and had to wait forever to get in. By the time I did get in, the line was less then half the size it was when I began. I guess I got there at the exact right time..... They REALLY need more people collecting money but it seems the one woman doing it would never let anyone else touch the cash. Seemed odd to me.

I was not looking for weapons but did notice that the prices did seem a bit high on the few I scoped out. However, I found some great deals on ammo, quite pleased. I filled an ammo box and more with goodies and thought I did well. No tax or shipping adds up when you think about it. That said, Not sure I'd hurry back to that one. How does Malrboro compare?

Last edited:
We got there ~9:15AM and was in a very long, snaking line. It was probably 10AM when we got into the show. We left a few minutes after 12Noon and the line was even longer than when we got there.

I asked Pat DiPrete how many tables and her answer was ~265, approximately the same as Concord.

I did run into a handful of NES'rs that I recognized and met a few new ones. It was a decent show, but nothing jumped up at me.

There was very good ammo pricing on the left side wall as you walked in. Seems to be from Nashua PD. 40S&W, 9mm and .223 tactical (75gr TAP) at excellent prices.

I saw Fred but he was buried with people and when got to the table he wasn't around. Jim was continually doing paperwork and NICS checks, so I said about 2 sentences to him and told him I'd call him on Monday.

We left and stopped at MFL to speak with Carey. My goal in the trip was to set the wheels in motion to run another law seminar up at MFL in the Spring and I accomplished that. Now to work out the details with Carey.

We got there ~9:15AM and was in a very long, snaking line. It was probably 10AM when we got into the show. We left a few minutes after 12Noon and the line was even longer than when we got there.

Hell, when Atilla and I left at like 9:58 am (we were doing a "turbo" run through the show, so we had little time) the line was still going in loops.

-Mike

Dear 50bmg,

See all posts above.

The gun show price was in full effect saturday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I was looking for weapons but did notice that the prices did seem a bit high on the few I scoped out. However, I found some great deals on ammo, quite pleased. I filled an ammo box and more with goodies and thought I did well. No tax or shipping adds up when you think about it. That said, Not sure I'd hurry back to that one. How does Malrboro compare?

Marlboro has way more guns, dealers, and tables on the whole, but way, way way less ammo, and typically way more awful prices on ammo, and you WILL get hit with sales tax, even with cash, because of the MDOR (revenuer) thugs that started systematically "hitting" the MA gun shows a few years ago. I haven't seen decent ammo prices at Marlboro for a couple of years now at least... hell, it may have even been pre- Obama. The only show that ammo shows up at non-dumb pricing is Wilmington, and that's only if more than one big vendor shows up to compete with infamous NY guys. Last time in Wimington the "Blond Elvis" guy had the better prices.

I think one of the problems in MA is the promoter is sort of doing a squeeze play on some of the vendors. EG, there are vendors that are not showing up because they either can't get enough tables or the pricing of the tables sucks so much that they don't bother going. The other problem with this is if there is a show that collides with an MA show a vendor will blow off the MA shows to do one in PA or wherever the conflicting show is held. This means less vendors coming in that operate on lower margins.

MA really needs -another- big gun show, particularly in western (EG, to replace Springfield, which is basically the absolute worst show in the state because of the ammo tent stupidity) or even somewhere else in central MA... run by a different promoter. That would bring in better deals because the dealers with lower margins would bother to rent tables. Even at the oft hated, now defunct Fitchburg show there were deals to be had, particularly the first couple of times that show was held.

I'd also say the same for NH. NH used to have Rockingham, which was an excellent gun show, but hasn't been held for years because the rent a cop or two that the promoter hired couldn't keep the place secure enough when the show closes. Rockingham, in relative terms, was huge compared to Concord and Manch... or at least it -felt- huge.

-Mike

Last edited:
Dear 50bmg,

See all posts above.

Yes, but only if you're an idiot and incapable of looking at price indicators. I was in the show with atilla a total of like 40 minutes tops, and within that time, I found at least two ammo vendors there selling much of their ammo either cheaper, or the same as what it would cost me to buy it online, and at least 3 vendors selling guns that were in what I'd consider acceptable price range. Just because most of the vendors want to carry their crap home, doesn't mean they all want to. [laugh]

This show was way better than the last one held at the same location. To top it off there was a guy that basically had an entire line of AK parts there.

We get it, you don't like gun shows. Don't go. [rofl]

-Mike

Found magazines I needed for my Llama 9mm pistol, and some 7.62 Nagant ammo for the 1895 Nagant revolver. I got to say Hi to Fred. Good enough for me.

I showed up at 7:45 AM and read my Shotgun news until 9:00 AM. I was number 8 through the door. I left at about 11:00 AM and saw the HUGE line in the lobby.

Only complaint about the whole thing was trying to get out of the parking garage - it took almost 25 minutes! Screw that. Next time I park on the road.

I did run into a handful of NES'rs that I recognized and met a few new ones.

Len, it was good to see you.

I was a bit underwhelmed over all. I did leave with a couple of mags for my hi-point. Even the good ammo deals I didn't find compelling enough that I couldn't wait for a better price.

Specifically, I picked up some UMC in .380 on the way home at dick's for $3 less per box than the best price at the show.

Over all, it was okay, but I wouldn't have the whole family in tow next time.

Had a good time hanging out with HTRN and his family. Agree that it's a lot easier to browse through solo.

Also a pleasure to meet LenS.

Got a pound of powder and a free newspaper... That was about it.

I think gun show vendors mark up prices so they don't get too busy...that's the only good theory I can come up with.

My first show. In short, most of the stuff I saw was over priced, some stuff that was reasonably priced, and only a little bit available at what I thought was a good deal.

I didn't plan on purchasing any guns but I think I did alright in grabbing a 1967 mfg win 1894 .30-30 in great condition except for some normal wear (couple scratches, bluing is great,zero rust) for $250.

Found magazines I needed for my Llama 9mm pistol, and some 7.62 Nagant ammo for the 1895 Nagant revolver. I got to say Hi to Fred. Good enough for me.

I showed up at 7:45 AM and read my Shotgun news until 9:00 AM. I was number 8 through the door. I left at about 11:00 AM and saw the HUGE line in the lobby.

Only complaint about the whole thing was trying to get out of the parking garage - it took almost 25 minutes! Screw that. Next time I park on the road.

When I left, just after 10am, the parking guy was having problems with his computer. He was taking like 5 minutes per car to get people out of the garage. Luckily, I only had about 2 cars in front of me, and I had exact change ($5) for my parking, so I got out pretty fast.

I could see that getting ugly once a good sized line built up.

I ended up going for a couple of hours this afternoon. Gun prices were fair/bad/awful, but there were some good buys if you were looking for specific stuff. I scored a nice NM Garand op rod, as well as a few other Garand parts for my frankengarand build. I also found some various mags I needed for different rifles/handguns. The ammo prices were actually really good and I bought a ton of nice 9mm for $9/50 and 400 rounds of .30 LC Garand ammo for $10/20, which is cheaper than the CMP!!! (no shipping or tax).

I hung out with Fred for a little bit, and he seemed to be pretty busy selling stuff. He pointed me in the right direction for all of things I was searching for. That was really helpful as I only had about 90 minutes to look around before the place closed up.

It wasn't the greatest show I've ever been to, but I found a bunch of things that I needed, and it was well worth the drive and door fee.

Dear 50bmg,

See all posts above.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Dear MACGYVR,

Ok you posted at 10:30 a.m. while other folks were enjoying themselves at the show you were viewing NES on your phone and getting some sort of jolly's from posting Dear 50BMG. WOW exciting......do you get satisfaction from being negative? I for one don't give a rats A%@ what you think of gun-shows and most people I spoke to at the show who have read your comments agree. You seem to enjoy being a guy who just has to piss on everybody's parade.

It was by far the busiest show we have had in years so at least our prices weren't to high. I picked up ammo as did many other folks, I saw handguns as well as rifles going out the door in droves. So you are correct, show prices were in effect, as I said before there are dealers that ask way to much and there are others that will gladly haggle. Its part of getting out and looking.

All matching 99% 1937 Luger for $650. yeah gun show price. A walk in with a early Luger with bring back papers, $850.

I also got to talk to at least 10 NES folks, some I never met before. I always ask what they are looking for and point them in the direction of the vendor who may have it. I also tell them if I think that some vendors are asking more but the little guy in the corner is 10 bucks cheaper. So its about helping each other out. By the sounds of it you may have two issues, nobody will bother to talk to you and give any tips, or two you just like to whine. I choose door number 2.

So do us all a favor and stop [horse]

Not sent from my cell phone using Taptalk

Last edited:
Marlboro has way more guns, dealers, and tables on the whole, but way, way way less ammo, and typically way more awful prices on ammo, and you WILL get hit with sales tax, even with cash, because of the MDOR (revenuer) thugs that started systematically "hitting" the MA gun shows a few years ago. I haven't seen decent ammo prices at Marlboro for a couple of years now at least... hell, it may have even been pre- Obama. The only show that ammo shows up at non-dumb pricing is Wilmington, and that's only if more than one big vendor shows up to compete with infamous NY guys. Last time in Wimington the "Blond Elvis" guy had the better prices.

I think one of the problems in MA is the promoter is sort of doing a squeeze play on some of the vendors. EG, there are vendors that are not showing up because they either can't get enough tables or the pricing of the tables sucks so much that they don't bother going. The other problem with this is if there is a show that collides with an MA show a vendor will blow off the MA shows to do one in PA or wherever the conflicting show is held. This means less vendors coming in that operate on lower margins.

MA really needs -another- big gun show, particularly in western (EG, to replace Springfield, which is basically the absolute worst show in the state because of the ammo tent stupidity) or even somewhere else in central MA... run by a different promoter. That would bring in better deals because the dealers with lower margins would bother to rent tables. Even at the oft hated, now defunct Fitchburg show there were deals to be had, particularly the first couple of times that show was held.

I'd also say the same for NH. NH used to have Rockingham, which was an excellent gun show, but hasn't been held for years because the rent a cop or two that the promoter hired couldn't keep the place secure enough when the show closes. Rockingham, in relative terms, was huge compared to Concord and Manch... or at least it -felt- huge.

-Mike

+100000000 could not agree more. The line was caused by the promoter not trusting anyone and collecting the money. One person to let in hundreds of customers! She has ruined each show. The table prices, the schedule and in general her attitude towards not just dealers but customers. Rockingham used to be one of my favorite shows. As to Ma shows I would not attend if I wasn't working due to the sales tax alone. Plus those god awful gun-show prices!

I enjoyed the show a lot. While the guns for sale did not amaze me, I found some good deals on reloading components, ammo, and a nice pair of leather mittens. And its always entertaining and fun to get out, and spend time with like minded people.

You seem to have serious issues as if it was a personal attack if someone disparages a gun show. My original post was 1 line and that launched you into now what looks like 4 letter size pages. If we can't have a conversation about the bad aspects of a show and show prices, the show will just continue to get worse and dealers will continue to try to screw us. Once they know we are wise to their actions, they will stop.

I posted again Sunday AFTER I HAD BEEN AT THE SHOW ON SATURDAY and others had posted the exact same thing I found. Piles of the same stuff that was last year. Same overblown prices. Were there deals? Sure. MFL had ammo deals. Some other deals around but nothing worth waiting in a line for an hour for and paying 8 bucks to get in for.

The OP that started this feud asked about getting a deal on a 9mm and an AK. Were there deals on common models? Not at all. In fact the prices were $50-$75 higher than normal. A Sig P238 Rosewood/Nitron/Nigh SItes for $640 W/O laser at the show, $579 everyday at many mass shops.
Your example of deals were surplus C+R type items and others have touted reloading supplies. Neither of which the OP was looking for a deal on.
I will wait for the OP to chime in to see if he got a deal or not on his list of items.

I like going to gun shows. And in general they are good. Lots of stuff in one spot and you get to touch it before taking it home if you do find something.
I don't go for the people (PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAKE SHOWERS SOME OF YOU!).

I will continue to [horse] until the unwashed masses take showers and the gun show price is actually a deal.

Dear MACGYVR,

Ok you posted at 10:30 a.m. while other folks were enjoying themselves at the show you were viewing NES on your phone and getting some sort of jolly's from posting Dear 50BMG. WOW exciting......do you get satisfaction from being negative? I for one don't give a rats A%@ what you think of gun-shows and most people I spoke to at the show who have read your comments agree. You seem to enjoy being a guy who just has to piss on everybody's parade.

It was by far the busiest show we have had in years so at least our prices weren't to high. I picked up ammo as did many other folks, I saw handguns as well as rifles going out the door in droves. So you are correct, show prices were in effect, as I said before there are dealers that ask way to much and there are others that will gladly haggle. Its part of getting out and looking.

All matching 99% 1937 Luger for $650. yeah gun show price. A walk in with a early Luger with bring back papers, $850.

I also got to talk to at least 10 NES folks, some I never met before. I always ask what they are looking for and point them in the direction of the vendor who may have it. I also tell them if I think that some vendors are asking more but the little guy in the corner is 10 bucks cheaper. So its about helping each other out. By the sounds of it you may have two issues, nobody will bother to talk to you and give any tips, or two you just like to whine. I choose door number 2.

So do us all a favor and stop [horse]

Not sent from my cell phone using Taptalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom