Marlboro April 6th & 7th 2013

I didn't see the guy selling the swiss ammo in bulk, but I got a few odd ammo types that I needed. Two boxes of swiss, some french, and carcano. Even scored some 30-06 tracers that looked fun. I saw a gentleman with a STG 44, man that was cool, he said he was trying to sell it, I think he said 20k but I could have misheard him; I was distracted by the convo we were having about his relics.

I got a newpaper from 1941 to go along with my old magazine articles and Life mags from early 40s. Alot of cool stuff to look at and see. Prices were a bit high but I had a list of things in mind so I didn't go off my low budget. The dangerous gun shows for me are when I just had a payday and have no list of 'needs'. Definitely check it out if your around tomorrow!

Thought it was a good show and worth the trip from Gloucester. Got there a little before 8:00 and found a place to park in the main lot, line was only back to the tent at that point and we were sheltered from the breeze. Went right to the reloading component table (seems like that is where most folks were headed) and bought 4# W231 @ $23, LPP & SPP @ $38 and a brick of CCI 22LR @$40. My friend bought #8 Clays for $158. At another table bought 850 rounds of Lake City 67 5.56 for $500. Bought some 38 wadcutter reloads from M&M for $32/100, targets and patches from another vendor and left at around 1:00. My next purchase is going to be one of those two wheel, collapsing handle luggage dollies, my arms are aching from lumping all that around! May go back tomorrow and see whats left.

Another post said no luck on 9mm and 22. So....does the tons of ammo include a plethora of 9mm? Did you notice a price and does anyone think there will be 9mm there on Sunday?

9mm price when I left around noon was hovering around 30-40 bucks a box depending on the seller, but it was going fast from what I was seeing.

got there at noon, because I didnt feel like waiting in line. had my nametag on and BMG50 saw me. Had a great little chat. Looks like he has been in the hobby a lot longer than I have... got what i needed there, but didnt see any 22LR at all.

Last edited:
There was a guy walking around with a Polish underfolder AK for sale. He said it was pre ban and wanted $1500 for it. If it indeed was pre ban that was probably the best deal there today.
The NY guys had TONS of ammo. Literally... tons.

He would have done a grand, maybe less . How do you tell if it was pre ban ? The serial # started with 1984 . I held it , the barrel had been replaced ? I didn't know enough about it to jump.

Another post said no luck on 9mm and 22. So....does the tons of ammo include a plethora of 9mm? Did you notice a price and does anyone think there will be 9mm there on Sunday?

If you looked around i saw it for $24- 28 , 50 rds. Small lots at different tables. Sure looks like a lot of older ammo getting dragged out to sell.

Saw a few fellow NES folks. Gave a Mosin sling to a fellow NES for free. I usually give out some free stuff when NES folks stop by. We had 9mm for $25 a box and PMC 223 for $15 a box.

While sitting outside having a cigar two guys came out one with a large camera. The hotel manager asked them to leave and they gave her a really hard time. The entire time she was telling them they could not take pictures on the property the guy was snapping pics. When she left they were talking about how its typical white trash gunshow people who are afraid of admitting that gunshows are a place to buy "illegal guns". It took every amount of restraint I had not to[slap] them.

Saw a few fellow NES folks. Gave a Mosin sling to a fellow NES for free. I usually give out some free stuff when NES folks stop by. We had 9mm for $25 a box and PMC 223 for $15 a box.

While sitting outside having a cigar two guys came out one with a large camera. The hotel manager asked them to leave and they gave her a really hard time. The entire time she was telling them they could not take pictures on the property the guy was snapping pics. When she left they were talking about how its typical white trash gunshow people who are afraid of admitting that gunshows are a place to buy "illegal guns". It took every amount of restraint I had not to[slap] them.

would that be bitch slap them?!?! #love!

Forgot to post I was working so I could maybe have met a few guys :( Worked for Tombstone Trading, crowd seemed smaller than the Jan show. We moved a good amount early on but it peetered out by 1:00.

The NY ammo guy had 9mm, I believe it was RWS or RSW, something like that. It was listed as $25 per box of 50. He had the same stuff in sealed 1000 round cases for $500. That works out to $25 per box so literally no break for a bulk sale.

I did find 2 boxes of Winchester white box 100 round value packs for $45 each, $22.50 per 50 rounds. It was mixed in under some WWB 45's so it pays to move stuff around. That was the cheapest 9mm I saw. Found 2 100 round packs of CCI mini-mag for $15 each. Also buried under some other boxes of ammo. I decided to buy both since they are scarce as hens teeth. I don't really know if the CCI's were a deal or not at that price.

A lot of ammo that had no price and you had to ask which is annoying especially of the dealer is in a conversation with someone else. I still think that if there is no price marked it should be free.

I was disappointed in the show. The prices seemed outrageous to me but those are the days in which we live. I wanted to buy some 50 BMG and only one vendor had it and he wanted $5 per round. I am stupid, but not that stupid. But the couple that sell the jerky were there so we bought some of their hot jerky sticks. As usual, it was great. I’d go just for the jerky table.

There was a guy walking around with a Polish underfolder AK for sale. He said it was pre ban and wanted $1500 for it. If it indeed was pre ban that was probably the best deal there today.
The NY guys had TONS of ammo. Literally... tons.

I helped lighten the NY guys load Ray, 14 cases of 7.62x 54R and 1 case of 7.62x39 as the show was closing up. I got there about 2:30, I must've missed you but I stopped at the Stoney Acre table and met 50 BMG. We chatted for a while, nice to put a face to the Avatar. Most vendors seemed a little down, I guess it wasn't that busy. I'm psyched to see a second Wilmington show in November. I guess they're picking up the slack for all the NY & Conn shows that have been canceled. I think all guns shows should be 15 minutes from my house [smile].

1000 rds of 9mm was $500 at the big ammo vender. I saw other venders that had 50rd boxes of 9mm for $20

Crikey. FS had 9mm today for $18/box (50 rounds), 2 box limit. I guess if you want to pay an entry fee and a higher price but not be limited.... It's a futures market and who knows what the future will be....

I helped lighten the NY guys load Ray, 14 cases of 7.62x 54R and 1 case of 7.62x39 as the show was closing up. I got there about 2:30, I must've missed you but I stopped at the Stoney Acre table and met 50 BMG. We chatted for a while, nice to put a face to the Avatar. Most vendors seemed a little down, I guess it wasn't that busy. I'm psyched to see a second Wilmington show in November. I guess they're picking up the slack for all the NY & Conn shows that have been canceled. I think all guns shows should be 15 minutes from my house [smile].

How much was a case of 7.62x39?

i was there and one seller was showing off there s&w bg380 for $450 to a married couple after 5 min of wife handling gun she asked how can i buy a gun salesguy sayed u have a ltc she had no idea what that was with gun in her hand 20 min later same gun was tagged at $500 i asked why they added $50 in 20 min the responce was funny and insulting at same time shame on them wish i got the name of shop

Heading over with my father-in-law. Should be there by 10. We'll be the tall fattish guy and the short really fat guy. I'm the tall one. I'm sure we'll be the only two to fit that description. [smile]

Saw a few fellow NES folks. Gave a Mosin sling to a fellow NES for free. I

That was me, and thank you very much. It is very well appreciated. And now 50BMG is the first NESer to know my true identity.... since my avatar is not quite my own.

Fun show, glad I met up with a few members there.

Heading over with my father-in-law. Should be there by 10. We'll be the tall fattish guy and the short really fat guy. I'm the tall one. I'm sure we'll be the only two to fit that description. [smile]

lmao...

That's great...

Have fun!!!

- - - Updated - - -

i was there and one seller was showing off there s&w bg380 for $450 to a married couple after 5 min of wife handling gun she asked how can i buy a gun salesguy sayed u have a ltc she had no idea what that was with gun in her hand 20 min later same gun was tagged at $500 i asked why they added $50 in 20 min the responce was funny and insulting at same time shame on them wish i got the name of shop

What was the reason??

Its been a while since Ive been to a show. I plan to head over today.

Whats the protocol for ccw? Just a guy at the front asking if you are carrying? And whether you choose to say yes or no is your choice? Any further security checkpoints?

Back
Top Bottom