Marlboro April 6th & 7th 2013

Its been a while since Ive been to a show. I plan to head over today.

Whats the protocol for ccw? Just a guy at the front asking if you are carrying? And whether you choose to say yes or no is your choice? Any further security checkpoints?

Sign out front said no loaded weapons. I was asked if I was carrying. I wasn't. But if you say yes, they will probably want to check.

Its been a while since Ive been to a show. I plan to head over today.

Whats the protocol for ccw? Just a guy at the front asking if you are carrying? And whether you choose to say yes or no is your choice? Any further security checkpoints?

Really, you have to ask this ?

I got some some wwII vintage 30-06 for my Garand for a fair price, also found some 308 for 14.00 a box, Thats about it, everything else was through the roof. I had one guy tell me that 9mm ammo @25.99 abox was a bargain!!

I noticed a nice ar15 and the gas tube appeared to have a spring around it.

I assume its been converted to piston? I dont know... I have no experience with those conversions.

I asked the guy if it was piston driven or still gas... He replied "umm its a uhhhhh its an sbr."

At that point i realized no knowledge would be gained from that conversation and walked away.

Had a good time with the old man. I bought a NIB snubby at a fair price. It's been on my short list for a while. I was appalled at what some of the vendors were asking for snubs (e.g. a LCR listed for $535! yikes.). I was admiring the snubby and was bitching to the vendor about the high prices "up the row." Worked out a deal for a cash discount and took her home and I know the vendor still turned a profit. Win all around.

Saw my old mate who got me a "friend" discount on some .38 swc range ammo.

The place wasn't packed, but everyone was very cordial and even friendly. My father in law had a ball. He even paid for lunch. First time for everything!

Last edited:
I was pretty happy with the show. I found the Remington 870 combo that I was looking for. It was used, the stock could use a little TLC, but the barrels were in great shape. Paid 350 cash which I thought was a pretty good deal. And now I have a little refinishing project [smile].

SO. which one of you was the guy with the shaved head and eye brows with the trench coat and weird madalion?

- - - Updated - - -

$360.00, if I bought three he would've done $350.00

or go get it at collectable arms and ammo for $299.

SO. which one of you was the guy with the shaved head and eye brows with the trench coat and weird madalion?

That guy is at just about every show and always gets comments because of his appearance. He was in front of myself and Ink while we in line and is pretty much a regular guy into shooting just like most of us.

I mean Im glad people are into shooting, and we shouldnt judge people. but.. ah.. your just drawing the wrong attention, imo.

Anyways, did any of you guys catch the cops with the protesters outside? [laugh]

Today was not as busy as Saturday but still a good crowd. Saw a few more fellow NES folks and was glad the show ended at 3 today.

Found two boxes of original Finn 7.62x54R. Clearly marked and boxes were in perfect condition.

Helped a fellow NES member out and gave him a K98 sling .

Found two boxes of original Finn 7.62x54R. Clearly marked and boxes were in perfect condition.

One thing I've noticed about shows lately is that vendors are bringing out a lot of oddball stuff, most of it looks like from personal collections, and selling it for an inflated price. Not a bad thing if you're looking for unique ammo and accessories. I bought a box of Golden Tiger 5.45x39 just because it was the old design with green box.

One thing I've noticed about shows lately is that vendors are bringing out a lot of oddball stuff, most of it looks like from personal collections, and selling it for an inflated price. Not a bad thing if you're looking for unique ammo and accessories. I bought a box of Golden Tiger 5.45x39 just because it was the old design with green box.

I have never seen so many used reloading dies anywhere. Like you said, I think the dealers are scraping the bottom of the barrel to find stuff to sell.

Chris

I didnt get to see the signs but there was 2 guys with a few signs pilled up and the cops were standing there and some other people, Id guess the ones who called them. As I walked by I overherd them arguing that they had a right to be there blah blah...

Back
Top Bottom