• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro, MA Gun & Knife Show Sept. 23/24, 2006

Well, I dragged my feet and still haven't gotten an NES shirt (the tademark of being recognized by having someone aproach you and say "hey, who are you on the forum?").
I'll be wearing a Pumpkinhead Ale black t-shirt. Don't forget to give me all your old, beat up, and unwanted military rifles if you see me.[smile]

I'll be there Saturday morning...I'll probably have on jeans, my NES hoodie, and my RedSox hat...ah hell, a good chunk of you already know what I look like anyways.

Will there be an area around the GOAL table reserved for NES'ers like in times past?
I'll be there........don't know what I'll be wearin'.......probably stop by to see who's been in and where the gathering spot will be later on.
CJC

I was just there helping out setting up. I hope everyone is fond of the color blue. You'll understand when you get there. I'll be helping out the guys at Zero Hour. Feel free to stop over and say hello.

B.J.

BJ, so the Demonrats took over the place? Is Devil Patrick setting up his campaign there?

FWIW, GOAL does not pay for their tables at these shows, so therefore GOAL gets "placed" wherever the promoter has a spare spot available (unsold table). Therefore, you can never predict where you'll find the GOAL table . . . it could be jammed in between a bunch of vendors, isolated in a corner or isolated in front of a window like last time.

*sigh* Wish i could be there. Gotta run a match Saturday, attend a wake Saturday Afternoon, and do the Family thing on Sunday.

Anyone know how life gets so damn complex so quickly? I seem to remember when i was in my 20's that I could make plans on a whim, now I need like a Month notice to be sure to make it....

*sigh*

*sigh* Wish i could be there. Gotta run a match Saturday, attend a wake Saturday Afternoon, and do the Family thing on Sunday.

Anyone know how life gets so damn complex so quickly? I seem to remember when i was in my 20's that I could make plans on a whim, now I need like a Month notice to be sure to make it....

*sigh*
Woke up one day and my life was not my own. I would not trade my life for anything. My family is my life, guns are my obsession.

*sigh*

Watch out Chris..Adam will say that you're not a man if you want to spend time with your family...

Not sure why, because most of the REAL men that I know, knows how to take care of their family... [devil]

Woke up one day and my life was not my own. I would not trade my life for anything. My family is my life, guns are my obsession.

Agreed, there is nothing more wonderful than hanging out with my wife and kids...watching my girls do something new that I haven't seen, and the look on thier faces when I get excited.

There'll be other gun shows, but she'll only swing on her own for the first time, once.

Reviews?

Hi,

Anyone go on Saturday have anything good or bad to say? Is it worth the time? I've heard mixed thoughts on this show from years past.

cheers,
Chuck

I just got back from the show myself. I thought it was pretty decent. I saw a bunch of stuff I wanted to buy. As usual a lot of the handguns were priced higher then what you could get it for a Four Seasons.

The guy selling ammo seemed to be a little short on his selection for some reason. Not sure if he sold off most of his stock up in Concord, but there didn't seem to be much in regards to good deals for what he had.

I noticed the biggest crowd was around these two girls who were selling poker targets. Of course it didn't hurt their sales any seeing they were wearing skin tight, low cut clothing.

A lot of the same vendors you always see, but I was satisfied when I left with my small bag of stuff. Including an new addition to the collection. [wink]

TYPEO1313 - The guys at Zero Arms did a tranfer for me today. Which one was you?

I noticed the biggest crowd was around these two girls who were selling poker targets. Of course it didn't hurt their sales any seeing they were wearing skin tight, low cut clothing.

They had targets for sale? [shocked]

Actually someone asked me what they were selling.
My reply.... cleavage! [smile]

It was great seeing those I’ve meet before and meeting people that I haven’t met yet.

My first impression was that there weren’t a lot of bargains to be had. Once I had made the circuit a couple of times I did find about half of what was on my list. All total I spent about $150, for the whole trip down.

Now I just need to pick up an upper for my AR-15 build and some ammo for her [Jayne Cobb] I call her “Nikkie”[/ Jayne Cobb]. The prices I saw for used uppers were more than what I could pick up a new rifle for, so I had to pass on them, not that I expected to find one there anyway.

After I did some checking on internet prices there are a lot more smaller things at the show that did have a better price, such as the buttstock I picked up and the 123A batteries for my Surefire which I didn’t pick up.

To carry on with what BJ said, there was some eye candy there, the only problem was that weren’t selling what I was looking to buy; Though my guess is that the eyepal girl is from the Acton area.

As always great to see you all again and to meet the rest of you for the first time.

I thought the show was much better than in years past. I always get excited about going to the shows and I'm always disappointed after I go. This time was different as I actually made a few small purchases today. No guns or anything as the prices were a bit high but over all not a bad show at all.

I helped out at THE POWDER KEG all day. It was a good show. I got to walk around and I found a K98 baynet in excellent condition for only $30 and a repro 98k sling for $20. Now my Mauser is fully dressed.

I stopped right there because I did not want to spend too much. What impressed me was there were actually alot of guns at this here gun show.

I thought the show was good also. a few odds and ends, and THEN I FOUND IT. A pair I bought one couldn't make up my mind to buy the pair or just one.
If I bought the pair there went my gun money for the rest of the year.
I only bought 1. On the way home I had 2nd thoughts!!! I should of bought the pair!!.
When I got home I called the dealers # 3 times and left mesgs. And emailed him!!!
Finally around 7.30 he called and said he put the rifle away for another dealer[sad2] .
But the dealer did not give him ay $$$$ to hold it.
THIS GUY SAID IT'S MINE!!!!$800 below any low price on the internet and $1800 of the high price.And this is per ban and NEW IN BOX WITH EVERYTHING.
I'M OFF TO THE SHOW NOW CAN'T WAIT.
[devil] [devil] [devil]
Fred

Bought some powder, primers, brass, a few magazines, followers & 720 rounds of the RORG 5.56. Had to pass on a few 20 rounders I saw and a BM lower. Can get the same thing brandy new w/ a match trigger for a mere $50 more elsewhere.
I showed up at 10:30 and walked right in, sparing me from getting rained on. Only place I found it crowded was where the columns sit in the aisles.
Not a bad time, overall.
CJC

Too bad, we wanna know!

Fred could probably keep a secret forever and seems to love torturing us with his purchases by making us beg for pics.[laugh]
Myself on the other hand If I get excited about a new purchase that I got a deal on, I'm like the guy in the lottery comercial with the flashing lit up Winner sign.[smile]

Not a bad show. I wish there were more ammo vendors there but what are ya gonna do. The one guy there seemed like he was missing half of his stuff.
I did however leave there with my Glock lightened up to about a 3.5 lb trigger pull and it seems much smoother than it was before as well. Got a nice air-soft M-16 for my sons B-day on Tues. :) And a few other small items I was looking for. BJ also hooked me up at the Zero Arms table with a CD that had 1k tunes on it, you rock! They are already in my MP3 player! Thanks again. He also showed me a crazy stock for the 10/22's that bump fire's it for you, a MA legal auto was pretty tempting but the price was out of my range.
All in all a pretty good show!

Back
Top Bottom