• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Show September 24th & 25th

I'll be wandering around in the AM (Saturday) and working the GOAL table in the PM. Stop by and say hi or find me in an aisle somewhere.

This gun show will be my first, looking for my first Nagant "M24" Anyone have an idea on how much at a show?

Thank you for your time

This gun show will be my first, looking for my first Nagant "M24" Anyone have an idea on how much at a show?

Thank you for your time

An M24??? Good luck. You will be lucky to see a M44 or even a Finn M39. Model 27 and 28 are rare at a show. Or look for a P series. Either way enjoy.

Which one??

Really, Out of the Rifles you mentioned which would you recommend? as a first Nagant I mean.
Just looking for a good shooter
I have plenty of time to read up before the show.

I will be away that week and wont make this one. Hope you guys find something good that picques your interest. I think I will make the Concord,NH show.

I will most definately make it
I look forward to this one every year
I have always found a good deal on something but I must admit it is not for amatures when it comes to finding the deals, they are far and few between
you really have to shop local stores a few weeks ahead to know what things are priced at.

Bonestock is spot-on.

Dealers are there to make a buck, and not end the show with an empty table. You need to be an informed consumer, and know what you're looking for, and what the "going price" is for the stuff.

That being said, there are deals to be had, so take your time, look below tables (often good stuff is there) and use it as a learning opportunity. I've never had a gun show where I didn't pick up a tidbit (or more) of knnowledge.

Will definitely check this out since I live close. Im pretty new to shooting and this will be my first show. Ive done my fair share of research already, but I probably wont be making any purchases unless I find a great deal towards the end of the show. Most likely just a learning experience

The Marlborough show was my first show in MA, it was extremely disappointing show. You can find a few good deals on some firearms but definitely not for ammo, FS guns has better deals any day. The people there were very friendly, the jerky was excellent. Im sure ill leave there unsatisfied, out 10 dollars (entry fee) and very thirsty from ingesting so much jerky.

See you all there!

Same here. I think we will just cruise around and take note.
Will definitely check this out since I live close. Im pretty new to shooting and this will be my first show. Ive done my fair share of research already, but I probably wont be making any purchases unless I find a great deal towards the end of the show. Most likely just a learning experience

The jerky was excellent!! Seemed like the place to be if you wanted spring doohickeys for garands,30 rnd glock mags and overpriced .380 bodyguards. That being said, there were some good deals on a few rifles and such but $10 ......a little steep. But the jerkey was great!

I compare the entrance fee to paying for a ticket to go to the movies. If I'm entertained for a few hours, the price for admission is worth it.

I have a bunch of friends that I would never have met if we didn't run in the same firearm circles, and these shows provide an opportunity to catch up with some of these folks. I also enjoy running into NES members that I have communicated with on the forum, but have never formally met (I also like to put faces to avatars). After a few shows you know what your friends are looking for, and they know what you are hunting for. That adds to the experience.

I have "found" a number of prizes over the last few years at Marlboro, Concord, etc... (also had my share of stupid impulse purchases!!!), but I always feel that its worth going.

I'll probably be there as it's an easy stop for me to shop for russian AK mags.

as samandglove1 stated- it's more entertainment than anything. Like him, I've run into a lot of forum members that I've never met before. And that makes it a good time.

I've never been to a gun show. I have my want list and prices willing to pay but probably just going for the beef jerky and because I have no life.

Thank you for your time

Four Seasons is advertising them for $99.00.(not the "24") Just to give you a price point. Don't get burnt. Mostly high prices at these shows, but there are some deals to be had.

for $10, ill go if i have nothing better to do. usually no great deals but i want some preban ar mags and other cleaning stuff that can be sometimes found for a fair price. we'll see. these marlborough shows usually arent great tho. my cousin sent me pics from a fl gun show and it would be like comparing an elementary flag football game to the superbowl.

Four Seasons is advertising them for $99.00.(not the "24") Just to give you a price point. Don't get burnt. Mostly high prices at these shows, but there are some deals to be had.

Thanks
I saw the same at Four Seasons, I get their e-mails. I figured If they didn't have anything decent at the show I would take a run over over there and take a look at what he has left. No Rush just want one. Need to read more. I joined 7.62x54r so I will do some reading there also.

Any ideas on how Four Seasons $99's look? Just looking for a solid shooter, collecting will come with age... And a better economy.

I'm going. This kicks off gun show season here in MA!

I don't care if I have to whore myself out to fat chicks in the parking lot... I'm coming home with a new gun.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom