Marlboro Show September 24th & 25th

im planning on attending as my first gun show any tips? i will be looking for a mosin or a basic sks most likely unless something else strikes my fancy!

im planning on attending as my first gun show any tips? i will be looking for a mosin or a basic sks most likely unless something else strikes my fancy!

Terry and his crew from New Hampshire usually have the best and cheapest selection of military rifles at shows including Mosins and an occasional SKS. Look for a long set of tables with a bunch of racks at one end filled with rusty milsurps mixed in with oddities and war relics. They have one of the biggest set ups at most shows and usually have fair prices on everything.

Terry and his crew from New Hampshire usually have the best and cheapest selection of military rifles at shows including Mosins and an occasional SKS. Look for a long set of tables with a bunch of racks at one end filled with rusty milsurps mixed in with oddities and war relics. They have one of the biggest set ups at most shows and usually have fair prices on everything.
thanks a lot ray will most definitely check them out!

I will be working AGAIN! ( Stoney Acre Sports)

It may seem like working at a gun-show would be fun but its really a great deal of work. Setting up, dealing with the folks who have no clue to what they are looking for etc. The good part is I get to look out for some items for folks here on NES before the doors open and then I get to chat with a few of you who will still talk to me[laugh].

If your looking for a certain firearm or part give me a heads up and I will look around for you. Just remember I have to set up first so I don't have a great deal of time to find small parts like slings or all matching bolts for a GEW 88. If you have a Blackberry or the like I can drop you an email as to to ammo prices and if there is a large quantity or if you should run to the table prior to it selling out.

Also please stop by and say Hi.SKS Ray, Flintiod, DrGrant Len and others always try to stop by. If I am busy please know I am not ignoring you I am just trying to sell something so I can BUY SOMETHING for myself!!!![smile][smile]

One more thing, and I know folks will get miffed at this, I wont be stopping by one table in particular, and that's the GOAL table. Sorry folks, I just feel that strongly about it. So respect my opinion and I will respect yours.

On another note, anyone looking for 545 ammo, Riley's has cases of military 1020 count, I think that the count, for $189, and the best part no SALES TAX!

Last edited:
I will most likely be there Sunday. The Saturday shows are usually too crowded and for the most part I'm never looking for something specific that I need bad enough to battle the masses. I know I will walk out with a pair of wool fingerless gloves like I do every Marlboro show, a few boxes of random ammo, maybe a few pistol mags. Unless I find a good deal on a gun, I'm usually walking out light and generally satisfied because I don't expect to find any spectacular deals at this show.

Oh, and where the hell has the hot sauce table gone to? I don't think I saw them at the last few shows I've been to.

Im going to try and make it down saturday after work, though it will probably be too late to get a deal on ammo, probably about 3pm. Sunday is my nieces christening and im thinking that might be an all day family affair.

Plan on attending my 1st gun show. Quick (dumb?) question: I plan on bringing my son who is 13. Is there an age minimum? Thanks.

I've seen strollers (which DO NOT BELONG) in a gun show!! Aisles are too narrow and crowded for them, but some are inconsiderate enough to do it anyway.

I've seen strollers (which DO NOT BELONG) in a gun show!! Aisles are too narrow and crowded for them, but some are inconsiderate enough to do it anyway.

I've sen kids yonger than that behind the tables! [laugh]

Seriously, I'll assume that your kid knows the basics of safe handling. I'd say that as a point of ettiquette, make sure that if they see something intersting, they ask before they touch (applies to grown-ups, too). Most sellers are cool, but there are some that are more "prickley".

There is a lot of history on display ( MisterHappyJunior wants a bayonet for his type 99 Arisaka, but at HIS price! [wink]) so take your time and look, and ask questions.

Oh, and have him bring his own money....if you're bankrolling him, and you, you'll go broke!

I'll be at the show on Saturday, probably just browsing for little stuff.

Need to get some custom ears for sure. Are these ready in a couple of hours or will the send them? Any opinion on which ones to get?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I got mine at the gunshow a year or two ago, he takes the molds and mails them out to you. I had mine Tuesday morning after the show.

I got the standard non filtered ones, they work great.

I've sen kids yonger than that behind the tables! [laugh]

Oni_zamenili_ushedshikh_na_front_Leningrad.jpg

you should check out that PPSh table!

Guilty! With both kids, does not get better when they can walk and run around all over the Show either. Look at the bright side by the time they settle down I'll be bringing them to shoots and you will recognize them!

I'm going to go on Sunday and I'm planning to meet up with a bunch of NES folks and other friends from local gun shops.

I'm still searching for a specific S&W revolver from the 1940s-50s. Other than that, I'll be checking out revolver grips, Garand/Carbine parts, Russian AK mags, and whatever random stuff I run into.

I can always use more ammo (and jerky).

Back
Top Bottom