• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mexico Sues US Gun Manufacturers

No chance in hell that's getting cert, lmao.
It might, so they can say they finally heard a f*cking gun case and we can wait another decade or so before they do something again.

Although it is not 2A related, they will say guns are mentioned somewhere so it counts. It will be like a Reptile thread clogging General because a gun was used in a rape somewhere.

It might, so they can say they finally heard a f*cking gun case and we can wait another decade or so before they do something again.

Although it is not 2A related, they will say guns are mentioned somewhere so it counts. It will be like a Reptile thread clogging General because a gun was used in a rape somewhere.

Lol, why would they want to do that? It's gutter trash, so obvious punt is obvious.

Where there is lots of money, there will be shark-lawyers willing to punch their lottery ticket in hopes of striking it rich.

Without getting into the niceties of jurisdiction and venue, suffice it to say that because they named Interstate Arms as a defendant, and the other defendants have more than minimum contacts in Massachusetts, Mexico could sue in the 1st District.

Since the 1st circuit is considered one of the least friendly circuit for firearm owners and the industry, and because a trial held in Boston is more likely to attract anti-gun jurors, it's a reasonable tactic to file the lawsuit in Boston.
Thanks for posting this.

What Parker means by "more than minimum contacts in MA" is for a court to have personal jurisdiction over a defendant who is out of state they must have availed themselves to that jurisdiction - in the case of the out of state gun manufacturers - through business dealings with the distributor. Now lets say there are multiple states where the case could be heard due to each having personal jurisdiction over all defendants, as Parker stated, a plaintiff would choose one that gives them an advantage as MA would be more likely to give a plaintiff favorable outcome than say TX.

Wow! Talk about projecting blame!

That shithole country can pound flour (into tortillas for me to eat).

They should be suing the Obama administration and Eric Holder instead.

Can we counter sue them for every COVID infested migrant that crosses our border and votes democrat?
how about we sue them for all the drug OD's and deaths and the cost of treating and/or incarcerating people for drug related crimes in the US? Oh, and all the crimes their "migrants" to the US commit.

Ya, cuz it has nothing to do with corruption.. Actually, selfish azzholes in the US need to stop buying their drugs. Stick to avocados.

Federal District Court in Boston. That, ladies and gentleman, is what's called forum shopping. Permissible because not all of the defendants are located in the same state.
No chance in hell that's getting cert, lmao.

In normal times I would agree but in today’s fantasy land who knows.

Bob

f*** MEXICO.

lets boycott the entire mexican tourist industry in protest

NRA, are you listening?

Thanks for posting this.

What Parker means by "more than minimum contacts in MA" is for a court to have personal jurisdiction over a defendant who is out of state they must have availed themselves to that jurisdiction - in the case of the out of state gun manufacturers - through business dealings with the distributor. Now lets say there are multiple states where the case could be heard due to each having personal jurisdiction over all defendants, as Parker stated, a plaintiff would choose one that gives them an advantage as MA would be more likely to give a plaintiff favorable outcome than say TX.

The fear of getting an angry letter from Maura isn’t the only thing keeping some out of state companies from selling into MA.

f*** MEXICO.

NRA, are you listening?
I wouldn't step foot into that shithole. I used to go to Tijuana just to eat street tacos, and drink beer at the Long Bar. Now you take a chance of being offed for being an American.

I wouldn't step foot into that shithole. I used to go to Tijuana just to eat street tacos, and drink beer at the Long Bar. Now you take a chance of being offed for being an American.
i know. In 1970 i did a family tourist bus trip thru the tiny villages between Mexico City and Acapulco. It was one of those "Club Med" tours. It was great, and you really got immersed in the culture. Bus traveling thru all the mountains on tiny roads with no guard rails. it took all week long.

our entire family would be killed if we did that today, probably at the very first bus stop

And hammer makers. And machete makers. And trees! (Which make sticks!)

Mexican crook: Gangsters arrange fights to death for entertainment​

Narco gangster reveals the underworldCartels have taken cruelty up a notch, says one drug trafficker: kidnapping bus passengers for gladiatorlike fights to the death​

June 11, 2011
DANE SCHILLER , HOUSTON CHRONICLE

The elderly are killed. Young women are raped. And able-bodied men are given hammers, machetes and sticks and forced to fight to the death.

In one of the most chilling revelations yet about the violence in Mexico, a drug cartel-connected trafficker claims fellow gangsters have kidnapped highway bus passengers and forced them into gladiatorlike fights to groom fresh assassins.

Of course if the Mexicans played this right they’d open up Pandora’s Box to Fast-And-Furious. That route I think they’d have a very solid case but it’d be thrown out of court by some Obama judge before the ink was dry.

f*** MEXICO.

NRA, are you listening?
Not needed. Cartels are taking care of that.

Look at Acapulco, that is what will happen to Cancun.

Not needed. Cartels are taking care of that.

Look at Acapulco, that is what will happen to Cancun.
when i was a kid, Acapulco was the ONE KEY DESTINATION point for vacations. Beautiful hotels right on the waterfront, fun stuff to do (cliff diving, pyramids, the food, the entertainment). I have not been back, but i hear it is a war zone now.
The recent bout of all-inclusives serving bootleg alcohol that killed tourists did not help much at all!

don't get me wrong, it was ALWAYS a litte rough to go to mexico. but it was mostly confined to pick pockets, not crazed gunmen shooting tourists.

there have already been a bunch of tourist murders in Cancun, but like all resort towns, they do not advertise it when someone dies. Did you know that about 10 tourists a year die on those cute little mopeds the tourists ride in Bermuda?

when i was a kid, Acapulco was the ONE KEY DESTINATION point for vacations. Beautiful hotels right on the waterfront, fun stuff to do (cliff diving, pyramids, the food, the entertainment). I have not been back, but i hear it is a war zone now.
The recent bout of all-inclusives serving bootleg alcohol that killed tourists did not help much at all!

don't get me wrong, it was ALWAYS a litte rough to go to mexico. but it was mostly confined to pick pockets, not crazed gunmen shooting tourists.

there have already been a bunch of tourist murders in Cancun, but like all resort towns, they do not advertise it when someone dies. Did you know that about 10 tourists a year die on those cute little mopeds the tourists ride in Bermuda?
Never rent the mopeds in Bermuda.
The bus drivers have little stickers of mopeds on the sides like fighter aces .

Back
Top Bottom