Moon clip tools

I just bougth a S&W 625 (6 shot revolver chambered in 45 ACP), pretty sweet gun. However, it's my first experience with moon clips. Pretty slick setup for reloading the gun, the clips are a pain to load and a real pain to strip.

So I did some research and found this tool, any experience or thoughts with/of it?

http://www.mooncliptool.com/

I have one,use it for both my 625 and 610. works pretty well though you may have to do a little adjustment on a spring in it. If you want moonclips for casual use look into RIMZ,they are moonclips made of a polymere material and for range use they work well as they can be loaded and unloaded without any tools.

I have a S&W 325PD and use full moon clips. I use both the Wilson Combat full moon tool (MidwayUSA866285, $4.99) or Ranch full moon tool ( MidwayUSA 395607, $3.99). Both work really well. I only use them to remove the brass. Loading can be done with thumb pressure. Buy several as they seem to walk off. Ranch Products used to sell bulk (50- 100 ) full moon clips for very little, that way you can load them up before range day.

Back
Top Bottom