Moving to MA in about a year from FL

Pretty sure everyone close to me uses their backyard. Might have to meander towards the gunfire.
Now we're going to expect from you some Youtubes like Hickok45's. I bet 'TrashcanDan' will get a lot of web hits based on the name alone. Just think of all the guns that Buds will send you to review. [laugh].

I was going to ask about your area as we're somewhere near 2 years away from retirement and could head back to Tennessee. Gun range desert sounds uninviting, LOL. I think there are some decent rifle matches at Oak Ridge, but I'll have to pop iodine pills and strip down then hose off in the yard before going into the house. Guess I better buy enough acres to have my own range.

Now we're going to expect from you some Youtubes like Hickok45's. I bet 'TrashcanDan' will get a lot of web hits based on the name alone. Just think of all the guns that Buds will send you to review. [laugh].

I was going to ask about your area as we're somewhere near 2 years away from retirement and could head back to Tennessee. Gun range desert sounds uninviting, LOL. I think there are some decent rifle matches at Oak Ridge, but I'll have to pop iodine pills and strip down then hose off in the yard before going into the house. Guess I better buy enough acres to have my own range.

I'll p.m. you some info

Hey everyone! Been lurking for a while, just created an account.

Moving to MA in about a year, thinking I might grab some firearms that I won't have access to again. I already grabbed a glock 19, but was thinking about building out an AR with a pre-ban lower. When you look up the phrase "pre-ban" of course you only find the lowers with a high cost. I can't imagine all AR-15 lowers in Florida are that expensive if made before the AWB. Any ideas on how to find one for a reasonable cost?

Also, anything else you recommend grabbing while I still live here?

(PS. New to this site, i searched for list of rules before posting but couldn't find anything. My bad if I'm breaking any rules by asking.)
Know the laws and dont break ‘em! Welcome to MA.

A friend lives outside of Nashville in one of the counties. She and her husband do some farming in addition to their regular jobs. Back about ten years ago a bunch of us were in Nashville for the NRA show and she invited us out to shoot on their property. Fun times.

I'm still meeting people down in Texas and hopefully will meet someone who will invite me to shoot on their property.

No clubs around here brotherman.
Tryin to find a match on practiscore usually involves a haul. Its not like driving from West Bridgewater to a Walls of Steel shoot. Its like driving from W.B. to Nashua or something.
Its a gun range desert down here.

Had a membership at this place for a year. Drive was at least an hour. Down one mountain, up another. Passed on the renewal.
Shot a match in Crossville a few weeks ago. Hour and 20 minute drive. Nice club, distance is too much.
2 or 3 indoor ranges in Chattanooga. Nothin more than 50 ft. Not my thing either.
Pretty sure everyone close to me uses their backyard. Might have to meander towards the gunfire.

Florida is not nearly as free as New Hampshire and has more off limits places to licensed concealed carriers then Massachusetts. My sister lives in Jupiter. She likes the beach but has had enough and is coming home to New Hampshire where she belongs. Rye actually and she can sell her house and make an even exchange for a NH house that is larger because it has a basement. She told me everything there is licensed permitted and zoned. Far more restrictive than anything I’ve ever heard about mass. As others have said, try NH
Would she have a in-law apt. For me and Gf and dog at Rye beach by any chance? All kidding aside the beach areas in NH are beautiful for those with resources.

Back
Top Bottom