• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Navy SEALs chose Glock 19 as their new sidearm

If you pull the slack out of a factory non-mass glock trigger, it breaks nicely to me. Not 1911 or Sig SA nice, but pretty good.
AFAIK there's no such thing as a factory mass trigger, mass triggers are the same as everywhere else, although there are NYPD triggers. Actually one advantage of a Glock in mass vs. some other models.

Why the 19 and not the 17? For that matter, why not the 34? Are they going to IWB carry? Jeezus H... NFW would I pick the 19 over the 17 for them.
Handguns are backup guns in the context of that kind of job. The G19 is the smallest gun you can use for that purpose that isn't a joke.

I doubt it matters much anyways they probably get to run what they want, within some window of choices.

Dec 7, 2020
After a few decades, Navy SEAL operators will get a new sidearm. Navy SEALs chose Glock 19 as the replacement for their favorite Sig Sauer P226. The decision was made in 2016 and so far, the Glock 19 was introduced as the new service weapons of the SEAL Teams. They slowly phased out the Sig P226 over the last few years.

Why the Navy SEALs shifting from SiG to Glock after so long?
There are a number of factors why Navy SEALs chose Glock 19 as their new service weapon. First and foremost, you have aging guns that needed to be replaced, and there are bids that go out. I am sure Glock offered the Naval Special Warfare Command a great deal on the Glock package in order to get the SEAL contract. It wouldn’t surprise me if a Glock 19 cost 1/3 of what the SIG Sauer P226 costs the United States Navy.

For a long time, Sig Sauer P226 was reserved only for an elite few. At a certain time, it was considered as a gun that delivers the advanced features which made the P226 the official sidearm of the U.S. Navy SEALs.

Wow I wonder why they went with the women’s sidearm. Must be the new recruits have small wrists.

I need to teach you the ways of OC Customs
ahh...sensei deschain [bow] i went down the path the sensei talks of....very happy with the choice. i also used their spring kits and went with new connectors also. i opted to pay a few bucks more to get the adjustable triggers. installed them in 7 of my glocks. compared to what else is out there the oc triggers were a great value. i could do 2 of my guns with oc for about the same price as one of the other competitors trigger models. anyone on the fence do what i did. i did one gun, shot it for a while and then just converted 6 more without hesitation. i'm also a clever boy. i went with a colored trigger safety so i could tell at a glance what pistols i converted.

Nothing brings the derp out of the internet gun dudes like a shotty click bait article written by a no name, about something the military does wrt guns.
It evolved from gun shop commando types fellating whatever "da millutary" was going yo do, although ironically they would be wrong 99% of the time. I remember when "da millutary" was going to magically adopt 6.8 SPC.... [rofl] amongst other things.

why aren’t they using the glock 23? If you’re close enough to the enemy to go to a sidearm I’d think you want be sure you are knocking that threat down and hard.
Because 40 is f***ing retarded. It also literally doesn't exist in military supply chains at all as a cartridge.

Muh seals, muh delta cag, muh masturbation.
Muh HK XM8!!!!!!!! [rofl]

I had a 34 with a .357 Sig barrel, now that's some flat shooting right there.
How did that work? You must've had a mixmaster, a 34 will not accommodate a 40 or 357 sig barrel. Or it was really a 35.

Why the 19 and not the 17? For that matter, why not the 34? Are they going to IWB carry? Jeezus H... NFW would I pick the 19 over the 17 for them.
As 19 is much more comfortable to carry every day than 17. Oddly enough it is true.

Nothing brings the derp out of the internet gun dudes like a shotty click bait article written by a no name, about something the military does wrt guns.

Pistols, especially.

Even in special ops, the pistol is an afterthought. If you've got access to every cool-guy SBR on the planet, going with any type of pistol as a primary weapons system is just dumb. The average civilian NESer undoubtedly fires many more pistol rounds per year than almost anyone in .mil except MPs (maybe) and Delta (probably).

Because 40 is f***ing retarded. It also literally doesn't exist in military supply chains at all as a cartridge.

Not to mention the importance of common calibers shared with our most important allies. Especially these guys...

4efd5cb8-a4f7-11e7-84b5-dfc1701cb40c_1280x720_211014.JPG

Handguns are backup guns in the context of that kind of job. The G19 is the smallest gun you can use for that purpose that isn't a joke.

I doubt it matters much anyways they probably get to run what they want, within some window of choices.

Carry? G19 for sure. Work? Something a little bigger with a better sight radius. As mentioned in other posts, probably doesn't matter much because the pistol is likely a backup accessory.

Carry? G19 for sure. Work? Something a little bigger with a better sight radius. As mentioned in other posts, probably doesn't matter much because the pistol is likely a backup accessory.
The difference in shootability between a 17 and a 19 is marginal at best. Especially if you put it into somebody's hands that actually knows what they're doing. Most of the guys I know that shoot way better than i do, if i asked them "is there a discernable difference?" They're all going to say "no". Hence, see also, Glock 19x, G45.

Wow. P226 is 10 ounces heavier. Probably isn't a huge concern for your average dude on the street, but is probably appreciated by someone carrying a lot of gear already.
yea right, weight is an even bigger concern for average dudes on the street. Have you ever carried a full size sig all day in a retention holster on a pants belt or regular edc/ccw belt? While it might be comforting if you got into a gunfight to have such a capable pistol handy, your hip and waist and lower back will be screaming by the end of the day because your belt will have to be cinched down like a ratchet strap to keep it from sagging and pulling your pants down. Its nowhere near as much as an issue for someone openly carrying on a duty belt or already loaded down with fighting gear with a drop leg holster or something.

The difference in shootability between a 17 and a 19 is marginal at best. Especially if you put it into somebody's hands that actually knows what they're doing. Most of the guys I know that shoot way better than i do, if i asked them "is there a discernable difference?" They're all going to say "no". Hence, see also, Glock 19x, G45.

Yeah, but pragmatism be damned. It's a Glock, it's a 9mm, and a small one at that! The larpers' union must lobby for these-

Mark23SuppressedLeft.jpg

yea right, weight is an even bigger concern for average dudes on the street. Have you ever carried a full size sig all day in a retention holster on a pants belt or regular edc/ccw belt? While it might be comforting if you got into a gunfight to have such a capable pistol handy, your hip and waist and lower back will be screaming by the end of the day because your belt will have to be cinched down like a ratchet strap to keep it from sagging and pulling your pants down. Its nowhere near as much as an issue for someone openly carrying on a duty belt or already loaded down with fighting gear with a drop leg holster or something.
Stop wearing shitty belts. The 226 isn't that heavy, main problem with carrying it is the overall school bus bulk of the whole thing.

Stop wearing shitty belts. The 226 isn't that heavy, main problem with carrying it is the overall school bus bulk of the whole thing.

Gotta agree here. Purpose built carry belt and a quality holster will negate that 10 ounces. Besides, I need to cut back on donuts, pizza, and beer before I worry about carrying the extra weight. If you like leather, get a belt with internal plastic support for stiffness. If not, something like the Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt is solid enough you will forget the weight of whatever you are carrying.

Gotta agree here. Purpose built carry belt and a quality holster will negate that 10 ounces. Besides, I need to cut back on donuts, pizza, and beer before I worry about carrying the extra weight. If you like leather, get a belt with internal plastic support for stiffness. If not, something like the Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt is solid enough you will forget the weight of whatever you are carrying.

Yup, WIB or similar will do it. I use an SOE, but like the WIB, it lets you adjust it exactly where you need it. I've been carrying a G19, a spare mag, and a PD35 flashlight on it since the start of the corona BS and barely know its there. I could easily do the same thing with a P228 or P226 if I wanted. The only time I notice it at all is because similar reasons that you stated.... the small spare tire I got will push the stuff into my gut once in awhile. [rofl]

It’s not serious at all, but in a Glock thread I can’t believe I was first to go there and second I’m slightly disappointed at what a weak troll I am. I’ll work on it...

merry Christmas Guntards!!

Elite level trolling would have been asking "WHY ARE THEY NOT USING .45 GAP FOR THIS?" [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom