• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Near-Fest XIII

Last edited:
From the newsletter online:

Every Sunday night at 9 PM local time our club holds CAARAnet on our club’s 2 meter repeater frequency, 145.130 MHz with no PL tone. Our radio net is an informal net and we use it for disseminating club news, A.R.R.L. bulletins and anything else related to Amateur Radio.

From the newsletter online:

Every Sunday night at 9 PM local time our club holds CAARAnet on our club’s 2 meter repeater frequency, 145.130 MHz with no PL tone. Our radio net is an informal net and we use it for disseminating club news, A.R.R.L. bulletins and anything else related to Amateur Radio.

Huh ok sounds good then. I wonder why they would drop the PL.

Had a great time as always, set up in the same place with the same 20 guys as we have had since back at Deerfield fairgrounds. Ran into dozens and dozens of friends as always. FANTASTIC WEATHER !! "Radio" stoped by a few times, I was keeping an eye out for Zapp, but must of missed him this time. Sold some big tube base amps and alot of misc radio equip.Had 3 big tables.... Missed N1OTY also. Nice seeing the MOTO boys too...GREAT time, see ya in the fall....73, W1GRC

SIMPLEX TONIGHT @ 9PM. 05/06
Jim and I are going to try to simplex tonight and with anyone that is in the Northshore area. We will be on 147.450 as long as no one is using it and there is no interference. The more HAMS the better. Let’s see what we can get.

IN

I'm in Topsfield so I Josh and I should be sure to reach each other. Will be fun to see who else I can hit. I've never really done any simplex. This is also good practice for if the SHTF and the repaters are down and we're all on batteries.

I'll be using my "base station" (a 50W mobile in the basement with a J-pole in the attic).

IN

I'm in Topsfield so I Josh and I should be sure to reach each other. Will be fun to see who else I can hit. I've never really done any simplex. This is also good practice for if the SHTF and the repaters are down and we're all on batteries.

I'll be using my "base station" (a 50W mobile in the basement with a J-pole in the attic).

Sounds Great! We should be on around 9pm. I will also be on my base. I have a Diamond Ant. in the attic and can hit 75w. I wonder if you will be able to hear us.

Sounds Great! We should be on around 9pm. I will also be on my base. I have a Diamond Ant. in the attic and can hit 75w. I wonder if you will be able to hear us.
I did my homework. You and Jim are only 12miles away, but I'm down in a hole. I'm looking forward to finding out. If it's really good I'll run out into the driveway with my HT and try that.

SIMPLEX TONIGHT @ 9PM. 05/06
Jim and I are going to try to simplex tonight and with anyone that is in the Northshore area. We will be on 147.450 as long as no one is using it and there is no interference. The more HAMS the better. Let’s see what we can get.

I'll swing the beam that way and see what happens.

I don't know about you guys but IM hearing noise on the 147.450 ... try 147.420

**** Was hearing a callsign come through but not clear. Who was that?

Last edited:
Oh gawd, now I have to remember how to put a repeater into that old rig. Give me 5 minutes.

BTW, my kids stole my shack computer so I have to run upstairs to check this.

Back
Top Bottom