NES Amateur Radio (HAM) Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I hope this dosen't become as expensive as the firearms, my wife'll beat me ![slap]

It can be as bad and possibly worse... one main difference is
though is there are a lot less consumables, or it takes a longer
amount of time to go through them, at least.

Be prepared to hear crap like:

"You bought ANOTHER radio???"
"Do you think you have enough radios there?"

To which I always respond "Yes, I did, and I like it" and "No, I don't have enough... I need more" of course, I'm not married, yet. [laugh]

-Mike

I went out and picked up a 35 amp metered power supply, 2m/440 Yaesu 7800R (separation kit included) Diamond 2m/440 vertical, and some cable. I'm listening now.

I went out and picked up a 35 amp metered power supply, 2m/440 Yaesu 7800R (separation kit included) Diamond 2m/440 vertical, and some cable. I'm listening now.

Wow didn't take you long! You got it all set up already???

-Mike

Wow! Nice first radio. The nice thing about that honkin' big supply is it's plenty big to power a solid state HF rig eventually. Of course, you'll miss out on the fun of tubes and electronics that can kill you.

More radio Pics:

Here are the radio decks (somewhat closer up)
attachment.php

Night Operations at NX1Z
attachment.php

The extended family!
attachment.php

I note the R-7000. Have you encounterd the "bad caps" issue with the display driver? My display is all but dead, though the receiver still works, and I'm contemplating sending it back to ICOM.

Aha. I just figured out what happened. dreppucci was a sneaky bastard and edited his own name into the post. I'm off to the WSC e-board meeting to find possible dates to hold this.

Sorry man...I made a post a week ago about 5 or 6 pages back and you didn't add it, so I added it since there was no definite plan yet. By all means remove my name if it's an issue.

Sorry man...I made a post a week ago about 5 or 6 pages back and you didn't add it, so I added it since there was no definite plan yet. By all means remove my name if it's an issue.

Not an issue at all. I was just confused how Ross thought I was adding people and skipped him.

I note the R-7000. Have you encounterd the "bad caps" issue with the display driver? My display is all but dead, though the receiver still works, and I'm contemplating sending it back to ICOM.

OR... you could just replace all the caps on the display board.
My display is fully functional. However, I have "leaky" caps that make an annoying high pitch tone as the radio heats up. After about about 20min of run time the radio heats up to the point that the caps stop making the noise. I have not yet decided if I will be replacing the caps myself or sending it to icom. It depends on how bad access to the board is.

/John

I've tried digging through this thread backwards & forwards, but can't quite tell if this is still on or already finished. If I haven't missed it, please pencil me in as a "probably" (just depending on scheduling).

My fiancee's dad was a multiple-time DX world champion out of Russia in the 60s-70s (UA9BE). Maybe she'll let me sink more time & cash into yet another hobby... [smile]

main.php

It's still on, for Saturday May 3. I sent PMs to the people on the interest list, and I'm going to post a separate thread once I get all the costs planned out; probably this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom