NES Social Dinner?

Chris said:
And.. The Firefly's Function room has a big screen TV with various media to play all kinds of entertainment...

Just thought i'd toss that out too. (^_^)

Just as long as nobody brings any of those NRA training videos filmed in the early 80s then I'm happy.

tele_mark said:
You mean the guy with the hair?

I thought the guy had one of those totally 80s baseball caps, but I bet he had hair... [smile]

The one I'm thinking of all the students have on these creepy track suits and those short shorts with knee socks that wouldn't stay back in the 70s where they belonged...

C-pher said:
They do, and if someone has a large smoker, I'll work with them to man the pit for a BBQ.

If not, a cookout would be good as well.

C-Pher, I'll hold you to that. I do have a smoker. And, I may just have to drag it along sometime.[smile]

SiameseRat said:
Just as long as nobody brings any of those NRA training videos filmed in the early 80s then I'm happy.

How about "Woman's Guide to Firearms". We can all comment on how stylish her scarf and sweater are for training and how she doesn't break a nail operating the gun. Or how young "Rick Simon" was.

(^_^)

We could play the DEA Agent's safety talk. You know the one. The one that goes...

"I'm the only one in this room professional enough to hold this Glock. None of you - " BOOM

Or maybe a Dirty Harry Marathon! Make 'em really wonder about us. (^_^)

OOH OOH.. The first season of "Mail Call" on DVD. (^_^)

or...

(We are sorry, but Chris is starting to foam at the mouth and must be restrained for a while)

C-pher said:
Just show up early... Depending on the cut of ribs, we might need some time.

Baby backs, 7 hours, St. Louis Cut, then we're talking 10-12 hours.

You can do the ribs. I'm a Pulled Pork person myself. That's my specialty. Ask Ross about it. He's had it last year.

Nickle said:
You can do the ribs. I'm a Pulled Pork person myself. That's my specialty. Ask Ross about it. He's had it last year.

If it's a big enough smoker, then I can do ribs and you a Boston Butt, I love pulled pork. A butt takes about the same amount of time as St Louis Ribs, or a Brisket, so it's no big deal...depending on the size of the butt.

C-pher said:
If it's a big enough smoker, then I can do ribs and you a Boston Butt, I love pulled pork. A butt takes about the same amount of time as St Louis Ribs, or a Brisket, so it's no big deal...depending on the size of the butt.
MMMMMMMUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSTTTTTT resist...

Chris said:
Have to ask Ross to compare the BBQ with my Hawaiian style Pig. (^_^) Last year's was only 90 lbs, but I don't think the cooking pit in the meadow will hold anything much larger. Was still more than enough to feed the 80+ people that came.

I luau style food. Something about cooking food in the ground...

But as much as I like it, I will still take good BBQ anyday.

My Pulled Pork is Memphis style. C-Pher, I've got a biker friend that's originally from Memphis, he says it's better than home. I disagree, the best Pulled Pork I've ever had was at a little joint in Wynne, Arkansas.

Chris, let me know what he says. If your Hawaiian Pork is the better, you're definitely going to have to hook us up sometime.

Wright's Chicken Farm would be a good place for a bunch of people, and is still fairly central to MA, CT, RI, and even northern NE if necessary.

Otherwise, how about the Worcester or Springfield area?

Maybe Sturbridge or Auburn would be most central highway-wise.

Coyote33 said:
Wright's Chicken Farm would be a good place for a bunch of people, and is still fairly central to MA, CT, RI, and even northern NE if necessary.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

OK, the function room in Marlboro holds 20-40 people (minimum to use the room is 20, max capacity is 40). Still don't know if there's a charge or we can use it on Sundays. I'll try to find out tomorrow.

So... are we going to meet there this Sunday? [smile] Y'all are getting me hungry for RIBS!! (I recommend the St. Louis ribs with Memphis sauce if you do go to Fireflys...)

And Chris? Nickle? You're putting me on a spot here - I like both of you and don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Let's just say that they're both good. [rockon] I want to get invited back to sample both again!!

This Sunday won't work for me, we have the Braintree Swap Meet. The following Sunday won't work for my Wife as she's studying for a certification exam the Tuesday following.

LenS said:
Did this start in another thread?

If so, please either provide a URL or put it in context.

Please keep in mind that NES is a "NORTHEAST" forum, not just MA and not just Boston area. So when you say "meet in the city", please try to be more specific - Boston, Nashua, Manchester, Springfield, Worcester, etc.

BTW, Boston itself sucks as a "central meeting place" since parking is abysmal and expensive and traffic in/out is damn near impossible most of the time (including weekends).

Whadda about Redbones in Somerville, MA? Great BBQ! Here is a link: http://www.redbonesbbq.com/frontpage.html

Coyote33 said:

Otherwise, how about the Worcester or Springfield area?

Maybe Sturbridge or Auburn would be most central highway-wise.
derek said:
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

You're telling me...

I love that place...that's another one...Sundays there are a mad house.

Cross-X said:
So, C-pher, are you gonna share with us your pitmaster credentials? (smile)

C-X

Damn, I was beginning to think you got thrown in the slammer for Contempt of Court or something. Welcome back, Darius.

If you want to sample C-Pher's cooking with a smoker, you'll have to make it to a get together.

Nickle said:
Damn, I was beginning to think you got thrown in the slammer for Contempt of Court or something. Welcome back, Darius.

If you want to sample C-Pher's cooking with a smoker, you'll have to make it to a get together.

I was thinking the same thing...and if he doesn't wimp out because of the snow tomorrow, I should be seeing Darius.

And as for my Smoking Savvy, yes...you'll have to try it sometime if we have a BBQ get together. I would really like two days with the smoker as I would like one to learn it's quirks. But I know that that's not going to happen. [smile]

I'm guessing that it's an offset smoker, so it takes a few hours to learn how to control the heat in the fire box and the main grill area....when you first use one, keeping the cooking area at 200 degrees steady take some getting used to..

But once you got it, and have a pile of soaked apple and mesquite wood, you're good to go.

C-Pher, I get my wood for free from a local furniture factory. Kiln dried scraps of Maple, Oak and Cherry. I don't soak them, just use them as-is, with no charcoal, and quick smoke my pork loins at about 300 degrees. Takes about 4 hours to do a whole loin or two.

I'm free this weekend and next, but the 19th I'll be at Lunacon in PRNJ.

Of course, we could just make this a rotating thing, say first or second weekend of the month, and rotate the locations - Firefly's, Redbones, etc, etc.

Whatcha all think?

Back
Top Bottom