• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES Social Dinner?

dreppucci007

NES Member
Christosx said:
Suggest that some sort of social schedule be added to the agenda, perhaps a lunch or dinner. I like to eat, and I'd like to meet some of the NESers in person.

I like this idea, too. I loooooove to eat! We should try to setup a lunch or dinner (perhaps a barbeque come Spring and Summer) once a month or something like that.

Did this start in another thread?

If so, please either provide a URL or put it in context.

Please keep in mind that NES is a "NORTHEAST" forum, not just MA and not just Boston area. So when you say "meet in the city", please try to be more specific - Boston, Nashua, Manchester, Springfield, Worcester, etc.

BTW, Boston itself sucks as a "central meeting place" since parking is abysmal and expensive and traffic in/out is damn near impossible most of the time (including weekends).

plus cost of a meal in there would be nuts, and when we were mugged upon leaving the restaurant, and the guy has 1200 bullet holes in him,

etc etc

LenS said:
Did this start in another thread?

If so, please either provide a URL or put it in context.

Len-

It started in the NES Field Trip to Sig thread, but I started the new thread because I didn't want the Field Trip one to get cluttered up with chatting. All that Christosx said otherwise was that he wanted to go to Sig.

centermass181 said:
plus cost of a meal in there would be nuts, and when we were mugged upon leaving the restaurant, and the guy has 1200 bullet holes in him,

etc etc

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Well, when it warms up, I've got a grill and a decent sized back yard...

Or we could find a restaurant with a meeting room we could use for a large party. (Ken's Steakhouse in Framingham, Wayside Inn in Sudbury, Firefly's in Marlboro...)

Ross

centermass181 said:
wayside? sheesh thatd be a pricey

yeah, that's what I thought before I'd gone there.

full dinner from $15 to $25. And worth it. my wife swears by their Lobster Pie, and I like their prime rib. A friend of ours always gets the duck...

dwarven1 said:
centermass181 said:
wayside? sheesh thatd be a pricey

yeah, that's what I thought before I'd gone there.

full dinner from $15 to $25. And worth it. my wife swears by their Lobster Pie, and I like their prime rib. A friend of ours always gets the duck...
Mmmm I could go for all 3 at a sitting!

you guys are killing me.

im starving, but the wife has me cleaning the head.

she said she wanted that head so sanitary and squared away that the virgin mary herself would be proud to go in there and take a dump.

how could i refuse?

must eat soon.

Firefly's (Marlboro) has very good food but the place is VERY noisy! No chance to talk and be heard.

The Chateau in Waltham has excellent Italian food (everything from pizza on up) and if a group is big enough, they have private rooms so we can be the noisy ones. They also have a couple of parking lots.

http://www.chateaurestaurant.com/waltham.html

C-pher said:
I like Ken's Salad dressings. They are YUMMY!

And I've always wanted to try Fireflies.

Ken's house dressing is 10x better - no preservatives like they have to put in the commercially bottled stuff.

And Firefly's is, indeed, noisy... but I figured we'd be making the noise! [wink] I'll have to see if the Framingham one has a function room.

centermass181 said:
whereever we go, we just wont invite Greg the homophobe.

Too late... I already told him that his post doesn't get him uninvited. Now that troll we had several months back? He's not invited!

LenS said:
Firefly's (Marlboro) has very good food but the place is VERY noisy! No chance to talk and be heard.

The Chateau in Waltham has excellent Italian food (everything from pizza on up) and if a group is big enough, they have private rooms so we can be the noisy ones. They also have a couple of parking lots.

http://www.chateaurestaurant.com/waltham.html

I just ate at Firefly's today. Outstanding!!! And Sundays they have a buffet, all you can eat for $12.99, which is a steal. I didn't check out the bar while I was there, what is it called, Dante's or something?

tele_mark said:
I just ate at Firefly's today. Outstanding!!! And Sundays they have a buffet, all you can eat for $12.99, which is a steal. I didn't check out the bar while I was there, what is it called, Dante's or something?

THey have a buffet on Sunday for 12.99?!?!?!?!?!!?!? [rockon]

[devil2] I know that place is good, Ive heard nothing but good things about it. I have a $50 gift cert for there.

Back
Top Bottom