• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions August

I think I'm gonna hang a bunch of cheap UTG crap off it, use it for basement plinking, and eventually teaching my son before he handles anything real.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1408065380481.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408065380481.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 155
Not a gun but cool gift from the wife on my birthday.
zuve5eza.jpg
ydupetyr.jpg

.308 = 2oz
45 ACP = 1oz
Tread/Liberty =1oz

To top off she gave me $200 towards a firearm of my choice.

A keeper.

And here is where the $200 from the wife went. Rossi R92 44 Magnum. Awesome deal I think was used from FS surprised it lasted over a week @ $350 looks like it was only fired a few times. No scratches and came with a cool ammo pouch.
qada4ege.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I have not acquired yet it so not sure it counts for August although I might still qualify if I pick it up on the Saturday I get back from Hawaii....but I took advantage of the tax fee holiday and ordered and paid for a Walther ppk/s .380 blued.

Not so much a firearm but it will help me transport them :D
2012 subaru legacy....sorry I cant seem to turn it on my phone
20140811_174321.jpg

Couple more pics after a wipe down. A few with her sock(s) off
va2etuba.jpg
3ere5ahe.jpg
aqe8uby6.jpg
mazepege.jpg
hunaraqe.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Nice....I saw a nice one of those at KTP, alongside a marlin guide gun in .44 mag.(which is really an 1894ss)....the only reason I didn't take one of them home(and I'm subsequently still married) is that I was on the bike.

I've always had a thing for the guide guns, and this one was butter smooth in the action, and had just enough wear to indicate it had been used, not beaten. I may take a trip back down and snag it if it's still there

Last edited:
Been looking for a stainless Mark II target for a while but could never find a real nice one for what I wanted to pay.

Well a new shop opened up about 4 miles from my house so I had to go down and check it out. Low and behold, they had a stainless Mark II government target model. Put a down payment on it and picked it up tax free this weekend.

The shop had it listed as "new, old stock" and claimed it didn't seem to ever have been fired. I just field stripped and I might believe them. There's still assembly grease in the bolt and safety switch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 69
Just another POS sears rifle

JC higgins model 31 made some time prior to 1968 as there is no serial # This was manufactured for sears by high standard and seems to be a combination of several hi standard models ?
Its shoots everything 22s,long and LR blasted through 100 shorts and about 70 rounds of LR not a hick up. 40+ yrs not to bad

I've got two small things to add this month

First is a custom 2011 I had built to my specs, and the second is a few modifications to my S&W 41, including extra mag release, lightened barrel with interchangable front sigjts

20140818_173526_zpsjzckpjgm.jpg

20140818_173729_zpsx2r1sg3p.jpg

20140818_173548_zpslewkjhxt.jpg

New additions to the family. S&W 10-5 38spl and a Jennings chrome J-22. The smith needs to be cleaned up but overall in pretty good shape. Has not been fired in over 25 years. The Jennings was bought new in the late 80's and has never been fired. (Probably a good thing) Even the box and factory paper work is mint.

e3azytuh.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Picked up a new Rock Island Armory 1911 GI today from Pullman arms. Good gun, only complaints are the sights (whixh I usually replace anyways) and I want toss on a new hammer. $420 for the gun plus a $50 rebate from RIA puts this brand new 1911 at $370 after the dust clears. Can't beat that price with a stick.

Funny you should say that. I ordered one from them back in March. I called them on the phone and they had it in stock. I had it the next week. Only problem was, I didn't get my 500 when I was supposed to. Guess what? I got my S&W 500 today! I've been sitting on the holster for five months. Lol. Anyway here it is:
numetyjy.jpg

Nice! I was at Kittery Trading post a few years ago and they actually had one in stock. Bought it on the spot and had it shipped to MA. Thing is a beast.

Here's one you guys probably haven't seen. Colt Buntline Scout in .22. Has a 9.5 inch barrel.

Last edited:
New additions to the family. S&W 10-5 38spl and a Jennings chrome J-22. The smith needs to be cleaned up but overall in pretty good shape. Has not been fired in over 25 years. The Jennings was bought new in the late 80's and has never been fired. (Probably a good thing) Even the box and factory paper work is mint.

e3azytuh.jpg

Let me tell you the story of the Jennings I had years back. Exact same gun. Bought it used for $80 at the Marlboro gun show in January of '02. Took it to the range the next day, loaded a full mag, pointed muzzle down range (damn good thing I did), inserted mag, and with finger outside the trigger guard, racked the slide and the f*cking thing fired all 6 rounds full auto like "Brrrrrp". Holy SHIT!!!! Took it home, disassembled it and found that the breech face had a tiny crack, one small edge of which protruded forward, basically acting as it's own stationary firing pin. I believe some previous owner or owners had dry-fired the living hell out of that gun so much that the striker cracked the breech and pushed it forward. Good lord. I destroyed the slide and held onto the receiver for a few years thinking maybe I'd find a new/used slide in good shape. I never did, so I ended up destroying the receiver as well.

Let me tell you the story of the Jennings I had years back. Exact same gun. Bought it used for $80 at the Marlboro gun show in January of '02. Took it to the range the next day, loaded a full mag, pointed muzzle down range (damn good thing I did), inserted mag, and with finger outside the trigger guard, racked the slide and the f*cking thing fired all 6 rounds full auto like "Brrrrrp". Holy SHIT!!!! Took it home, disassembled it and found that the breech face had a tiny crack, one small edge of which protruded forward, basically acting as it's own stationary firing pin. I believe some previous owner or owners had dry-fired the living hell out of that gun so much that the striker cracked the breech and pushed it forward. Good lord. I destroyed the slide and held onto the receiver for a few years thinking maybe I'd find a new/used slide in good shape. I never did, so I ended up destroying the receiver as well.

Yeah I have read some horror stories about the Jennings so I fully intend to leave it in its current unfired state. Seeing it only cost me the transfer fee ($40 for both guns), I figure it's still was a pretty good score.

Back
Top Bottom