New Acquisitions December

Can't go wrong with the 4" GP100. Buy the Wilson Combat spring kit for $10 and Hi Viz brand front sight kit to finish it off. [smile] The front sight comes out using a plunger on the front of the barrel. It's spring loaded. Pull the old sight out and slide the new one in. Done. [thumbsup] They give you red, hi viz red, white and hi viz green light pipes with the kit. I hit targets at 100 yards easily with mine.

My buddy and fellow GP owner says to get the Wolf kit. Is the Wilson kit better? I saw a video on youtube on how easily the front sight can be replaced, that's AMAZING!

Nothing says happy holidays like two new blacked out weapons...

Colt Match Target. My first rifle/carbine ever. Good enough for my needs.

20141205_171007_1238x696_zps4254937a.jpg

20141205_170921_1238x696_zps737a21c6.jpg

20141205_165244_1238x696_zps8d1d6fce.jpg

20141205_165357_1238x696_zps821b5c54.jpg

Ruger SR1911 Talo Special Edition.
Black Nitride finish.
Tritium night sights.
Enhanced Micarta Grips.
This right here is a keeper! [smile]

BlackTaloSR19111NoSN_zpse5ce3a8c.jpg

BlackTaloSR19112_zps71226ab5.jpg
Drool! Love the 1911!

My Ruger 1911 needs a friend!

Last edited:
Drool! Love the 1911!

My Ruger 1911 needs a friend!

Call Four Seasons Tuesday. I may have gotten the last one but maybe someone didn't pick one up that was on hold. Never know. Also, the one in the case had a nasty gouge on the top of the slide so keep an eye out. I'm pretty sure it was a gouge and not something else but I didn't look at it real hard.

Call Four Seasons Tuesday. I may have gotten the last one but maybe someone didn't pick one up that was on hold. Never know. Also, the one in the case had a nasty gouge on the top of the slide so keep an eye out. I'm pretty sure it was a gouge and not something else but I didn't look at it real hard.

The talo model?

Just got this from The Armory in Woburn. It's a 1903 Springfield manufactured in 1918 by the Springfield Armory. My first '03. Did a complete field strip to clean and lubricate. Thank to NES member jpm for helping me through this purchase. Can't wait to run a few rounds through it. Has a replacement Rock Island Armory stock that is in excellent condition.

View attachment 121754

Nice!! I'd love to get an 03 to go with the Garand but I need to save some cash. Can I ask how much that ran you? Curious what these are going for now, depending on condition/original parts etc.

I lost this knife last year during the first few days of shotgun season while I was crawling through the thickest briar patch you've ever seen. It was part of a large wooded island way out in the salt marshes of the Cape that always holds deer and so we push it hard every year.
My buddy who was pushing the same area 2 days ago radio'd me that he just looked down while crawling under a branch and there was my knife.
I never thought I'd see this thing again! It collected some rust on the internals but a little CLP and compressed air loostened stuff up nicely. Blade bolsters and scales certainly show that it sat outside in a salt marsh for a year but its still a solid Buck knife. I had my initials engraved on it years ago and its the only knife I've ever had my initials on. I still can't believe I have it back.View attachment 121526
You could send it back to Buck and for a few bucks they would give it the spa treatment. For your story they might do it for free!

What do you plan on going with for a tool post?

One of these . When I find a good deal/ or friend gives me one lol.
a8788d0715ebd0248c4ded6d953dd55e.jpg

I cambolized the tool post holder from this lathe when I took over running the machine shop at my work few years back . The machinist befor me was a lazy racist sexist **** . And never thought about swapping it out .

This style
ca620a1a5ede0599b6cedb8e64404d85.jpg
that was on the enco lathe we mainly used (has dro's) . The one my work gave me he never wanted to use cause it doesn't have dro's. Said it wasn't any good and had the finishers uses it to spin parts to polish in.

He was called down to one conferences room I was called to my bosses office . My boss told me the shop was mine and put me in charge. Hung out till the guy got his tool box out . 5 mins after walking in the shop I swapped them.
Few weeks later I had them have a guy come in and inspect all the machines. Check run out etc. The old machinist stole a lot of tooling etc that was company owned . Other wise I would of done it my self.

The lathe I got is perfect lol.
After I clean it up . Get a new tool post holder tail stock etc . I'm thinking I'll look in to the laws and start making small cannons / Motors and turning barrels for sale . NES members will have a discount .

My brand new Ruger Super Redhawk 7.5" Talo edition (comes with a fiber optic front sight installed) arrived today. Picked it up my local shop tonight.
Goes well with my 6" GP100
View attachment 121947
View attachment 121948

Trigger is quite heavy and gritty. Driving 1.5 hours to drop it off with Santurri on Saturday to work his magic.

Last edited:
Imho the super Alaskan looks weird with the long barrel. Looks like they just jammed a barrel extension where it should end. Would not kick it out of bed (safe) though. I wish it had same contour to the muzzle and forgive the weight.

Dont disagree with you on that lol. But what made me choose the SRH over the regular Redhawk (nicer barrel profile) was the better/more comfortable grips and the trigger. I compared and shot both at my club thanks to a couple NESers letting me shoot theirs. So I had to choose what was more comfortable to shoot over the looks. Just my $0.02.

The backstrap on the regular Redhawk is exposed which doesn't make it fun to shoot after a few rounds. The SRH grips cover the backstrap just like the GP100.

Last edited:
2014-12-15 06.48.00.jpg 2014-12-15 06.48.25.jpg 2014-12-15 06.48.43.jpg

The last piece of the puzzle arrived last week (barrel), torquing everything down later this week.

Magpul grip + ACS-L, spikes upper+lower, Wilson Combat bolt carrier, key +18" barrel, Timney trigger, Battlecomp 1.0. Moved my Nikon 1-4x off the Stag 2TL onto this FrankenAR.

Back
Top Bottom