• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for April 2013

Picked up a brand new .357 Sig Compact barrel for my S&W MP .40 Compact to go along with the 9mm barrel I also have for it.

[smile]

Was also able to pick up 4 - 50 round boxes of .40 and 4 - 50 round boxes of .357 Sig as well.

Ordered this on Tuesday, and it arrived today. I also got a couple of Ruger patches. The bag is much larger then I expected it to be. I'm happy.

19068_L.jpg

I went to North Shore Firearms this morning to meet with another NESer to pick up this old single shot Savage .22 - it's for my nephew for his birthday in a month and half. I'm going to refinish it completely, re-blue the barrel, etc. He's going to be beside himself.

Then I made the mistake of going inside for reloading supplies, which they were mostly out of. Instead, I wound up with a new Henry Survival Rifle. I've been wanting one of these and had a few hundred burning a hole in my pocket, so here it is.

20130427_110948.jpg

Just scored this at a local shop as it must have just come in over the past few days because it wasn't there when I went up during the week. I found that odd, since they don't make these anymore. It is an 1892 Trapper. 16" barrel, 7 round capacity. Feels really good. Haven't shot it yet, but from the .38s I cycled through it, it likes to be worked quickly and like you mean it. Doing so, it feeds great! It feels very cool shouldering it with such a short barrel. Barrel says .357 Mag only, but from what I could find, people shoot .38s out of theirs just fine.

I think I need to hit the range tomorrow to at least get some .38s through it till my .357s show up.

The trapper is 5 lbs 14oz while the Henry is 8 lbs 11oz. Much lighter, and the difference in recoil shouldn't be a big deal at all.

I technically got all these in April, but the Henry .357 is exactly like the .44 so I didn't post it.

Top to Bottom: Henry .357, Win 1892 Trapper, Henry H001 .22

The wood looks great too!

Took my new 700 out to get it on paper. Did pretty good, shot a couple of sub-1 inch groups with my initial load.

Rem 700 tactical in .308 Win
EGW rail 0 MOA
LaRue QD rings (ultra low)
Vortex Viper 6.5-20 x 50 scope

20130427_165959_zps690795f1.jpg
[/URL]

This is a Savage 1907 model pistol in .380. Manufactured in 1909 in the early high polish blue. The .32 ACP models were more abundant so I've been looking for a .380 to go with my .32 and finally found a nice one. This came out of an estate in Newport R.I.

Congrats. Quite a find. I love these - I'm from Utica and used to play in the abandoned Savage factory...

Here's my haul for April. hope you enjoy.. Two 1942 91/30s (one with brass end caps) , two 10/22s, arisaka type 99 with the box the soldier shipped it home in, and a mossberg 500 persuader 20 guage.

GEDC2009.jpg

Nice bike. And yes the Mav is one of the best budget shotguns that gets high ratings. Let us know how you like it, I want to get a tax stamp and chop one up.

Nice bike. And yes the Mav is one of the best budget shotguns that gets high ratings. Let us know how you like it, I want to get a tax stamp and chop one up.
Paid $220. In retrospect, I probably could have gotten it cheaper if I had waited for a rebate or sale, but it was an impulse buy. It is made in America however, not sure if it's CT or TX though. Should be compatible with a few 500 parts.

Id like to know how the maverick does/feels. It seems like a great gun for the money. I've thought about getting one, but i've just never bit the bullet and gotten one.

Back
Top Bottom