New Acquisitions for December 2006

OHH no its a actual FN FAL 50.63 Paratrooper with a 16 inch barrel.

Its one of the only Actual FN FAL's that is legal in the PRC as it doesn't have the offending words FN FAL on it our law called Roberti-Roos calls the AW'S out by Make and model and this is one of the ones that's model isnt on this list.

We still have to only use a 10 round mag and have the mag pinned.

But it is a real FN FAL not a clone FAL not that there is anything wrong with a clone FAL I own a few DSA rifles in different stages of assembly.

This one is my hmmm SAFE KING so to speak.

sam...nice fal...is it dsa?

Last edited:
damn...wish i knew...well they may get upset with me if i bought a lower and didnt pay off the rifle i have on lay a way there...ptr-91 with the aimpoint...maybe you saw it on the back wall [smile]

maybe if i have a productive day at foxwoods tomorrow ill be able to pay it off sooner...although with the purchase i have coming up this weekend i doubt it [thinking]

anyyyyyways

went to four seasons with no intentions of buying a new gun...then...as is common when i walk in there...i had the urge...maybe some of you know what it feels like...well i wanted a stainless sig 220 and they didnt have one...so i said maybe a 4inch smith .500...they didnt have one of those either...just when i thought i'd walk out and not spend any money...a bushmaster carbon 15 caught my eye...before i could ask to see it though something even nice caught my eye

12_30_0.jpg

Smith and Wesson Performance Center 627
.357 Magnum
8 Shots

its only my second wheelgun and i had been longing for something in either .44mag or .500

but i guess this will do for now[smile]

Carl...thanx for the help with it![wave]

I left there a little after noon. Sorry to have missed you.

Yup, I got it there.

Who had the SKS? Ben or Mike?

Mike had it. He said he bought it, cleaned it, and never shot it. Needing a Romanian SKS to continue rounding out my one of each collection, I jumped on it for $200.[grin]

damn...wish i knew...well they may get upset with me if i bought a lower and didnt pay off the rifle i have on lay a way there...ptr-91 with the aimpoint...maybe you saw it on the back wall [smile]

maybe if i have a productive day at foxwoods tomorrow ill be able to pay it off sooner...although with the purchase i have coming up this weekend i doubt it [thinking]

anyyyyyways

went to four seasons with no intentions of buying a new gun...then...as is common when i walk in there...i had the urge...maybe some of you know what it feels like...well i wanted a stainless sig 220 and they didnt have one...so i said maybe a 4inch smith .500...they didnt have one of those either...just when i thought i'd walk out and not spend any money...a bushmaster carbon 15 caught my eye...before i could ask to see it though something even nice caught my eye

.357 Magnum
8 Shots

its only my second wheelgun and i had been longing for something in either .44mag or .500

I guess it would be a little awkward buying the lower when the PTR is on layaway[wink] And yes, I saw the PTR. Sweet! Bet ya can't wait to get it, huh?
That 627 is very nice!
I had no intention of getting this lower. I was planning on a road trip to NH to get maybe 3 lowers but I shelved that idea. When I saw they had lowers at Collectors I figured why not. I hate leaving a gun store empty handed[smile] I don't even know if Collectors advertise that they have lowers. I don't even know if FS has them.
The hard part is going to be what I want to turn this into. I already have a Bushy DCM AR. Maybe I'll build this into an M4.

Foxwoods? A Holdem tournament?

You guys cant have Real HK rifles either ?

Well check your ban list against this one.
Its Called a HK-41 in .308 it was imported long before the HK-91 and 93,94 ect. It also has a little sister called a HK-43 the .223 variant. Yes unfortunately it also must have a pinned MAG although this pin mechanism is a lot different than the others and a lot easier to make.

Pardon my toe in the shot.

DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0490.jpg

DSCN0491.jpg

DSCN0492.jpg

DSCN0496.jpg

I had no intention of getting this lower. I was planning on a road trip to NH to get maybe 3 lowers but I shelved that idea. When I saw they had lowers at Collectors I figured why not.

jon...my ideas exactly...i was gonna go to nh and buy at least 3 lowers and build different rifles with them all...were you gonna go to Legal Transfers too?

sam...we can have real hk rifles...they are just ridiculously expensive...the ptr costs half as much and is just as quality

im a poor college kid ya know haha

oh and jon...no not a holdem tournament...just gonna sit at one of the cash tables and see how i do...maybe play a lil roulette and black jack...i may end up stayin over as new years day is the best time to play poker down there if you wanna make some money

Last edited:
jon...my ideas exactly...i was gonna go to nh and buy at least 3 lowers and build different rifles with them all...were you gonna go to Legal Transfers too?

sam...we can have real hk rifles...they are just ridiculously expensive...the ptr costs half as much and is just as quality

im a poor college kid ya know haha

Yup, Legal Transfers. An LT at work and another patrolman each wanted to get one too but they're gonna have to wait. I still may get one or two more.
I have this one sitting on the counter and I'm dreaming what it's going to become[smile]

Poor college kid? HA!

This one was just about NIB and I handed over 3000.00 of the phony green stuff for it.
I also Had the opportunity to purchase its little sister the HK43 but wasn't really into .223 that much well the AR15'S but not in any other mfg.

Sam,
a very nice H&K !
Used ones are selling in the $3,500+ range now, even in Germany.

OHH no its a actual FN FAL 50.63 Paratrooper with a 16 inch barrel.

Its one of the only Actual FN FAL's that is legal in the PRC as it doesn't have the offending words FN FAL on it our law called Roberti-Roos calls the AW'S out by Make and model and this is one of the ones that's model isnt on this list.

We still have to only use a 10 round mag and have the mag pinned.

But it is a real FN FAL not a clone FAL not that there is anything wrong with a clone FAL I own a few DSA rifles in different stages of assembly.

This one is my hmmm SAFE KING so to speak.

Next project coming up... [smile]

fn1.JPG

I have one other kit still covered in cosmoline and one DCI Type 1 receiver on the way. Just need a few tools and few US parts and I'm on my way.

Squeaking in

Ok, I finally got around to getting my lazy ass in gear and took some pics. I'm squeaking these in on the last day because they were all December guns. I do have one more thats not cleaned and together yet so it'll be a January shot.[grin]

This is a No.4 Mk2 Enfield I got from Strickland's. Its mint and looks to be nearly unfired.

Enf2.jpg

Enf3.jpg

Enf1.jpg

Enf4.jpg

This is a Romanian SKS I got yesterday from Mike (belsk).

Romi3.jpg

Romi1.jpg

Romi2.jpg

This was a Christmas present that my Father got me from Zero Hour, a Saiga 12.

Saiga1.jpg

Saiga2.jpg

I think I had a pretty good month.[smile]

Picked up at the end of the year from Pete in NH. RRA 18" mid-length Varmint A4. added Harris Bipod and a cheap Simmons 'Prairie Master" scope from Natchez

anyyyyyways

12_30_0.jpg

.357 Magnum
8 Shots

You suck BH. I had my eye on that .357--it was on the bottom shelf of the revolver case at FS. I guess I hesitated too long. Well, good luck with it.

You suck BH. I had my eye on that .357--it was on the bottom shelf of the revolver case at FS. I guess I hesitated too long. Well, good luck with it.

haha they showed me that revolver before it ever hit the shelf and i knew i wanted it...and yes...bottom left of the revolver shelf at FS

if they had any .500 i would have bought that instead...this was actually my 3rd choice...i wanted either a .500 or a .44mag and they didnt have any of them

Nice laminate grain there. You can clean that up with some wood cleaner and re-do the flaking areas with some amber shellac thinned out with denatured alcohol w/out making the touch up noticeable.

Picked this up yesterday

0114070837.jpg

Russian SKS came with original stock and accessories. Picture kind of sucks but it is stamped Made in Russia then CCCP on side and on cover it has a star with an arrow pointing towards front.
Has very low serial number on it HP 1xxx

I was thinking of locking it but someone may want to make a comment on a previous post contained in the thread.
The new January thread is a Sticky and it's labeled January 2007 so it shouldn't be too hard for most to figure it out[thinking]

Back
Top Bottom