New Acquisitions for July 2007

Kingston,
Those things are pretty sweet!
My friend made up a trigger so it is easier to shoot ( the way there are now you have to hold down the safety with one hand and take someting to push down the trigger). Here a a couple of more pics of them.

Check out how deep the rifling is, it looks like it would get alot of blow by (will have to try it when it get close to dark to see what kind of blast you get out of it)
DSC02083.jpg

Here is a pic of the trigger. the thingy (we are useing technical terms here) on the left is the safety and the thingy on the right is the trigger.

DSC02084.jpg

I just aquired this in trade from another NES member. There is some pitting, but it don't matter to me. She shoots.[smile]

M1911 Colt circa 1919.

HPIM1247.jpg

HPIM1248.jpg

Last edited:
I just put this together 2 days ago, can't wait to shoot it. Remington 700p LTR 20" fluted barrel in .223, NightForce NXS 3.5-15x56mm scope, all Badger mounts, Harris bipod.

LTR_1.jpg

I just put this together 2 days ago, can't wait to shoot it. Remington 700p LTR 20" fluted barrel in .223, NightForce NXS 3.5-15x56mm scope, all Badger mounts, Harris bipod.

Wow! Even w/out the sun shade thats one big scope.[shocked]
I've never heard of the NightForce brand. Any other background info on the scope?
Looks nice and tactical BTW.[wink]

Are you all millionaires? WTF ? I've seen the same names on these posts over and over again saying check out my new shit, I want to live with you guys.
Ya spend enough time doing the same thing, you eventually start to get better at it and paid more for doing it. It'll come, grasshopper, it'll come. Find something you like and you're good at and that people will pay you to do... then enjoy. Heck, Fred's retired - he spent a lot of years saving up so he could buy his toys!

NightForce optics are *the* best. I mean, Leupolds are good and all, but you want to go above and beyond, move to IOR Valdada (amazing) and then NightForce. The only thing better than NightForce would have to be US Optics and Schmidt & Bender, both of which are probably not too much better but 2x the cost. Many people say that NightForce is actually the best, and is in perfect tie with the other two. I personally think IOR Valdada and NightForce are both pretty equal, and so I have one of each.

Oh and we aren't millionaires... I just starve myself if neccessary, and I quit drinking to save money for this stuff. Totally worth it!

Ya spend enough time doing the same thing, you eventually start to get better at it and paid more for doing it. It'll come, grasshopper, it'll come. Find something you like and you're good at and that people will pay you to do... then enjoy. Heck, Fred's retired - he spent a lot of years saving up so he could buy his toys!

I had 2 guns in 38 years worked 2-3 jobs at a time. When I retired in 2004 I said I was going to play as had as I worked.

AND I AM [wink].

Fred

My wife's BIRTHDAY GIFT TO ME

A COMPLETE DAN WESSON PISTOL PAC IN 357 MAG.

NEW IN BOX UNFIRED WITH ALL PAPER WORK. ( EVEN THE ONION SKIN!!)

BUT THE BEST PART IS THE SERIAL # GOAL 1983

THIS GUN WAS WON AT A GOAL BANQUET IN 1983!!!

IS THIS ONE OF A KIND OR WHAT!!!

DSC02401.jpg

DSC02400.jpg

DSC02398.jpg

DSC02397.jpg

DSC02399.jpg

DSC02403.jpg

Thanks for looking

Fred

Last edited:
Fred..that is awesome!!!!!

where the hell do you find this stuff???

do dealers have you on speed dial and anytime something unique comes in they call you up or what????

Ruger MkII Target

Courtesy of belsk:
rugermkII-right.jpg

rugermkII-left.jpg

Took it out to the range this evening. It shot very, very well. The trigger job makes it real sweet to shoot. I see much .22LR going down-range working on accuracy and shooting skills with this gun.

Thanks for looking

Fred

Damn! That's something... even the gun case is a thing of beauty.

Question though... what barrel length did you put down on the FA-10? [grin]

DSC02401.jpg

DSC02400.jpg

DSC02398.jpg

DSC02397.jpg

DSC02399.jpg

DSC02403.jpg

Thanks for looking

Fred

So Fred ........... You gonna let us all shoot it at the upcoming car shoot in September? I'll bring some aluminum cased lead Blazers! [smile]

Holy moly !!

All I've got in July so far are 2 single shot .22's, both likely from the early 30's

Walther Sportmodell V (rear sight is missing, so that's the next project):
and a Mauser

They look great, nice wood grain too. I love old .22 single shot rifles, its a direction to channel one's collecting that can take up a lifetime because there are so many rare and unusual types and models.

1911 9mm

Found another Springfield 1911 to add to my collection. Parkerized with a low serial number. Shoots pretty good also. This makes six 1911's four of which are Springfield Armory.
9MM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom