New Acquisitions for June 2011

Just picked up the Barska ACOG knockoff, and there's a sling from the Troy Sling Group buy I'm running.

Not one but two S&W 629s w/ unfluted cylinders and 2.5" bbls. Of course I had to change out the ugly plastic grips. S&Ws deserve wood!

2.jpg

Picked up my first AR this morning and shot it this afternoon

ar15.png

It's a Stag Model 3. The scope is just a cheapie red dot but it shot just fine with it this afternoon. I have some Troy iron sights coming in later this week!

New for June.... a little 6.35 (25 ACP) Czech Z. This would be the Duo made after the communist nationalized the Czechoslovak Zbrojovka factory in 1948. They renamed the gun the Z. It is a high quality well made and accurate pocket gun.

Picked up my first AR this morning and shot it this afternoon

ar15.png

It's a Stag Model 3. The scope is just a cheapie red dot but it shot just fine with it this afternoon. I have some Troy iron sights coming in later this week!

Guess who's coming to Harvard with me soon..........[smile]
Congrats!

Not a gun [sad], but here's my latest: Benchmade Griptilian
IMG_4320.jpg

Last edited:
AK-smaller.jpg

Arsenal SGL24-61. Although it was a bit of an awkward introduction into my household. I recall it went something like:

Me: Honey, I’d like you to meet…
Wife: Get that black Russian bitch off my settee!!!
Me: Huh, you mean the sofa?
Wife: It's a settee! Look at that long curvy thing hanging off her…who knows where in Eastern Europe that’s been, or how many soldiers it’s been with. And it looks 20 years old.
Me: Well, it is a pre-ban. And she’s actually part American, 922(r) compliance you know. She’s from Las Vegas!
Wife: Well she looks Russian to me.
Me: Exactly, that’s the idea.
Wife: Hmmm, and well she does look nice in black. And I know you and black rifles.
Me: [wink]

Tell her to take comfort knowing it was made recently and never carried by any soldiers but is one of the finest AKs made.[wink]

Not one but two S&W 629s w/ unfluted cylinders and 2.5" bbls. Of course I had to change out the ugly plastic grips. S&Ws deserve wood!

2.jpg

Nice! There aren't many modern handguns on my want list at all but that is at the top. Its the Norman Stansfield gun!

Sell me one! C'mon... you have two.[smile]

Guess who's coming to Harvard with me soon..........[smile]
Congrats!

Not a gun [sad], but here's my latest: Benchmade Griptilian
IMG_4320.jpg

Haha! Indeed, we'll have to schedule it. Too bad you're not coming to Monadnock. I think there may be a S&W 629 in my possession by tomorrow night too.

Happy Birthday to me. Sauer and Son, 38H (hammerless) 7.65 (.32acp) semi-automatic pistol. Near perfect bluing. All matching except magazine (EP452272), serial number 286957, Eagle N commercial proof and Eagle C police proof. Serial number makes this a police ‘sub variation 1’ with checkered mag release, and dates to c. 1940. Pistol was also a post-war East German VolksPolitizi reissue, and proofed with a ‘25’ in a sunburst. Pistol is import marked SSME Plant City; FL. Barrel has some discoloring but no pitting. First pic is the original grips, and the second, a reproduction set to protect the originals.

004.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

MS

Last edited:
Got my new Remington 700 sps tactical at the beginning of the month (put a pic up). and just got my new additions to it today !!
Custom bolt knob fabricated by AZ Precision Gunsmithing.
And an extended floor plate making the capacity now 9.
Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Nice Rifle! Did you install the knob yourself?

What is that scope? The base looks pretty high or is it the pic?

Nice Rifle! Did you install the knob yourself?

What is that scope? The base looks pretty high or is it the pic?

Thanks!! No, i sent the knob to Keith at AZ precision. Im pretty sure all this guy does is lathe out bolt knobs all day and install 'em[laugh] He does custom knob, installation, cerakote/durakote of your choice and shipping all for $90. FAST turnaround too......got it back 10 days after i sent it.
The scope is a cheap-o Simmons trophy whitetail 6-24x50mm. VERY good at 300yds....but havent gotten it out further yet (no place).
The base is a Leupold, I think its the pic that makes it look so high, taken at an awkward angle (my dog kept trying to get in the shot)

My new Glock

Ok, a day off, I was going to shop for my birthday gift (just to be considerate and make it easier on my wife, you understand) and drive six hours (round trip) to FS to check their Glock inventory.

Instead, I drove to the other side of town and purchased a S&W 5906 from a friend.

My "Glock:"

5906.JPG

qwik88 - is that a P94 or P95? I had a P94 that I sold and have regretted it ever since. Long trigger but a great gun to shoot. Built like a tank. You'll enjoy it!

And what's the pepper grinder for? [smile]

qwik88 - is that a P94 or P95? I had a P94 that I sold and have regretted it ever since. Long trigger but a great gun to shoot. Built like a tank. You'll enjoy it!

And what's the pepper grinder for? [smile]
p94dc in 9mm i shot it last night for the first time put 40rds threw it not one hickup so i think it will stay around for a while the pepper grinder is because the only good light in my house is the kitchen counter hahaha

I know its wrong but I can't look at any of the new acquisition pics of cars without imaging them being blasted with hundreds of rounds in a volley fire.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom