• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for November

So far in Nov I have gotten a very nice 1944 mosin with all the trimmings from Acme, two spam cans of ammo for the same courtesy of the Holbrook show and a Ruger LC9 with all the trimmings from four seasons. Now to decide whether to sell the laser or not.

We get them for free as they otherwise would just fill the (expensive) dumpster, everybody happy.

Nice. The bowling alley I go to holds onto them forever. I guess they always have people coming in to get them to shoot at, so that's why they started charging. They figured if they could make a few bucks on used pins, why not.

Colt Woodsman

Df3OI.jpg

Thanks - he doesn't look too bad at all despite being ~78 years old. That's the upside of it having been reblued at some point. The downside is that it's at the expense of its value/collectibility.

The big brown truck just left my place.

RCBS Chargemaster Combo
98923.jpg

Picked up a single stage LNL to go with my LNL progressive
085001_lnl_classic.jpg

....and just for shits and giggles

Cheap .40 blowgun with all types of darts
s7_214773_999_01

Picked these up from a customer today!

D6CA1B22-7A6D-43F6-AB6D-69A6B41EA8A1-23569-00001A99AEC9872A.jpg

Remington 81 woods master in .35rem
Remington 870 wing master.
Excel 16G tip down.
.22 bolt action
Some sort of pellet rifle.

The pellet rifle looks like one of the older .177 Diana, Haenel or Weihrauch models.
The l/h side of the joint usually has the maker and model description.

New to me Gen 2 Glock 19. Police trade in. I *think* the barrel is polished, but only to the point where it's got a gunmetal finish. I say this because the tip of the barrel as well as the exterior of the chamber are all the same color and don't exhibit wear. The slide's definitely got holster wear. The grip is a bit smooth. Some areas of the gun have probably never been cleaned (inside the slide where the striker/pin live). After a good detail strip, I'm hoping she'll be good to go. These are w/ my iPhone and my Glock 22. Better photos will come this weekend. Also, it's a 2 Pin Glock! SN starts w/ AAW.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

photo (12).jpg photo (11).jpg photo (10).jpg

Last edited:
Picked these up from a customer today!

D6CA1B22-7A6D-43F6-AB6D-69A6B41EA8A1-23569-00001A99AEC9872A.jpg

Remington 81 woods master in .35rem
Remington 870 wing master.
Excel 16G tip down.
.22 bolt action
Some sort of pellet rifle.

I have an older version of that Remington - a Model 8 if I am not mistaken. Great gun - fantastic caliber for deer hunting in Maine. I am the fourth generation to shoot a deer with that gun - hopefully my son will be fifth generation. Big, heavy bullet in the .35 Remington.

This is my November acquisition. A Stoeger STF 3000 12 ga. I'm sort of rolling the dice with this one because it's such an inexpensive gun - $379 brand new, but I can't afford a Browning Citori just yet, so this will get me by at trap for another year or two. And even if it doesn't, the price is so low it won't hurt too bad.

2012-11-29_13-35-14_977.jpg

This is my November acquisition. A Stoeger STF 3000 12 ga. I'm sort of rolling the dice with this one because it's such an inexpensive gun - $379 brand new, but I can't afford a Browning Citori just yet, so this will get me by at trap for another year or two. And even if it doesn't, the price is so low it won't hurt too bad.

View attachment 45624
I have one of those STF3000 shotguns, got it at Dicks about a year and a half ago. I shoot skeet with it when I can get to the field. I like it, can't go wrong for the price. It was getting light primer strikes on one barrel with remington shells, they have harder primers than normal. Easy fix by putting a little more tension on the firing pin spring.

I went over the top with purchases this month after a long dry spell. I got the shakes when I went about 6 months without buying anything. So I bought a few things that I've been really holding back on. You saw some others above, but here's a couple more.

Web%20m1a.jpg

Web%20k31.jpg

the NRA logo sticker will be gone soon !

I have one of those STF3000 shotguns, got it at Dicks about a year and a half ago. I shoot skeet with it when I can get to the field. I like it, can't go wrong for the price. It was getting light primer strikes on one barrel with remington shells, they have harder primers than normal. Easy fix by putting a little more tension on the firing pin spring.
Stripped mine down completely today, cleaned and oiled all the internals and disconnected the automatic safety (an easy, five minute fix). Brought it up to the range just to test fire, but someone has either stolen or broken the patterning target stand, so I didn't have anything to check the actual patterns with. I was a little surprised that the bottom barrel is the first shot - I always figured it was the top barrel first, but I don't really have any reason why that should be.

Shot fine - no problems, everything does what it should so far.

Back
Top Bottom