New Acquisitions for November

Got my Adams Arms 7.5 inch PDW gas piston upper today and dropped it on my SBR'd Spikes lower in 5.56. Really nice handling, will go to the range tomorrow and see how it shoots.

2012-11-24 14.02.03.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353786959825.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353786959825.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Yeah I need to do another one. Once the first one is done the rest are easier. I think I'll do an ar10 so I can build a big brother for this one. Or a .300 Blackout would do too. Or.... It will never stop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

No guns this month and for months that follow... this is why... Closing next week. 2000 feet, 3 car two story garage and 7 acres. Best of all no neighbors. My first house.

264023_447315658644973_158323752_n.jpg

381137_447338318642707_1304608528_n.jpg

Can't wait to be able to sleep again at night when all this is over.

7 acres - Sweet! You can shoot some trap off that deck!

Got my Adams Arms 7.5 inch PDW gas piston upper today and dropped it on my SBR'd Spikes lower in 5.56. Really nice handling, will go to the range tomorrow and see how it shoots.

View attachment 45316

Nice that looks great. I love SBR's. Quick question - if you officially register one lower with all the NFA stuff, can you swap different short barrel uppers on it or are you limited to the one you originally built it with?

Nice that looks great. I love SBR's. Quick question - if you officially register one lower with all the NFA stuff, can you swap different short barrel uppers on it or are you limited to the one you originally built it with?

I am working under the understanding that you can run multiple uppers. Apparently the NFA Branch would like notification if you change the configuration, but it isn't required by law. There are many opinions on that topic, but there are no laws that I have seen that require notification to the ATF if you change the configuration. In my mind I can put any upper on it I want from 5 inches to 24 inches. That is one of the reasons I did this. This lower is marked "Caliber Multi" so I can drop a 20 inch .300 blackout on it and switch back to this 7.5 inch 5.56 in less than 2 minutes. Legally. All the rest of my ARs are either complete rifles so I believe I can be safe from the "constructive possession" trap if I have multiple uppers and one registered SBR lower. I keep no other lowers that don't have a matching upper installed all the time.

I got to shoot it today. It ran perfectly with pre-ban Thermold and aluminum mags and a mix of Winchester, PPU and Wolf steel cased ammo. Bolt stayed completely cool. I also shot my Galil with a Spikes Compensator on it. Holy crap it keeps the barrel down but the noise and flash made everyone 3 lanes on either side of me jump about 3 feet in the air. I may want to get one of those for this AR Upper!

Dude. Come on, WTH??? [laugh]

I have 3 preban mags, 3. You went out and bought up the whole damn state. You clearly do not need all of those.

Not one came from this state! Actually came from a friend who gets them from an auction.

and you can never have enough...hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

how many total did you get?

a few [devil2]

thanks!

and I thought about putting glass over it just for the picture, but I got upset when I still had some left and they didn't fit. I guess thats not THAT big of a problem.

NO! It is a HUGE problem......sell me those ugly 20 rounders underneath the 10's and you will have a nice uniform design [smile]

Back
Top Bottom