New Acquisitions May

Assembled the lower for my next AR. DPMS internals w/Magpul Fixed stock. I'll throw a picture up when its complete.

Also, I picked this up from another NES'er. A little TLC and she'll be making chips in no time.

people shoot themselves by being careless. if you are not careless, you won't shoot yourself.

BINGO! Spot on! I have a Serpa and no matter what I do, I've never had a problem with it. TRIGGER FINGER discipline is key to using this holster without issues. I demonstrate this with a blue gun in my NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home classes so students are aware of it. I don't use it for carry purposes.

SW1911.jpg

What we have here is a genuine Ticonderoga Pencil. Been looking high and low for one and finally lucked out!

It's holding up a S&W 1911 that I got from another member here on Thursday night.

My first 1911. I'm in trouble. I think I'm in love.

I won this in a raffle to support my sportmen's club scholarship fund. HOOAH! Thanks Santa!!

S&W Performance Center 1911

7df28259-9f24-4499-b787-7435de639923_zpsfedd3e48.jpg

View attachment 103364

What we have here is a genuine Ticonderoga Pencil. Been looking high and low for one and finally lucked out!

It's holding up a S&W 1911 that I got from another member here on Thursday night.

My first 1911. I'm in trouble. I think I'm in love.

Where'ja get the pencil? I had one just like that in grade school. Eraser was hardly used, no teeth marks, it was awesome. Traded it for a Bic round stic in blue. Cheap plastic piece of crap. Been kicking myself ever since.

Where'ja get the pencil? I had one just like that in grade school. Eraser was hardly used, no teeth marks, it was awesome. Traded it for a Bic round stic in blue. Cheap plastic piece of crap. Been kicking myself ever since.

It was pure luck. Walked into my buddy's house and boom. There it was. It was an epic dickering session but in the end I got it for a Pilot G2 in black and a Zebra in blue. I was stoaked! Feel like I made out well on the deal!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

It was pure luck. Walked into my buddy's house and boom. There it was. It was an epic dickering session but in the end I got it for a Pilot G2 in black and a Zebra in blue. I was stoaked! Feel like I made out well on the deal!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Hell yeah you made out well. Zebras are a dime a dozen, especially in blue.

Reminds me of the time I was at the dentist office back in '92-'93ish. Receptionist asks me to fill out a form and hands me a Bic Grip Stick Rollerball, fine point in black. Holy shit! Not a mark on it, crisp, sharp lines. I couldnt believe it. Of course I took my sweet ass time filling out that form and when I handed her the pen back, I commented on the superb condition and how rare of a pen it was. She kind of rolled her eyes at me for some reason and said, "If you like it so much, you can keep it..." I almost shit myself. An early 90's Grip Stick Rollerball, with the fine point!

You hear all the time about the guy in Iowa who finds a Bic Triumph 537, fine point, tucked away in a barn, or the little old lady with an early '80's Papermate Logo Mechanical pencil, 0.5mm that she only used to do the crossword on Sundays, but you never think that something like that would happen to you, ya know?

Anyway, great pencil. Cool to know there's other people who appreciate fine writing instruments around. [thumbsup]

This gun was reborn today so I'll share it as a new acquisition.

This Lefever Nitro Special was sitting rusting in my basement as I wondered what to do with it. I bought it for $40; the ribs had separated from the barrels, and previous owner tried to weld them back on, when that didn't work he switched to brazing rod. The metal had actually melted where he tried to do that, so I had to cut a sizeable length of the barrel off for safety's sake. The top rib was also damaged in trying to get it off. I wouldn't have cut this otherwise. Luckily he started his welding at the muzzle and gave up as the effort went south.

Last Sunday I decided to finally strip the barrels, draw file the dings and braze material out and relay the top and bottom ribs and forend lug. Then I slow rust blued the barrels (just two rusting cycles as I didn't want to have it too black). The previous owner had the receiver blued so I went with that. Just finished it tonight.

this is after draw filing, stripping and solderng the ribs on
20140504_105213.jpg

you can see the finger grooves that Bubba carved into the forend
20140510_220636.jpg

rib area near breech end
20140510_220656.jpg

ready for action again
20140510_220556-1.jpg

Um idk this is my first real holster . I forgot I had it on when I was sitting watching tv.
Got up and was about to take the dog for a walk and was told I should cover it up lol .

Coldayinhell has the crossbreed dual clip for his xds.. So I guess I'll let him try mine out .

But so far I love it . And forget I have it on me.

Last edited:
Went to my buddy's house to watch the Bruins lose..[sad] All was not lost though; this followed me home.
9udeze4a.jpg

He bought it in October, sent it in for the recall that the LGS said had been done(it hadnt), and never shot it. I had never seen it, and didn't know it was a bi-tone. He had set the price a week ago, and that was a good deal for all black, who was I to argue [smile]

Went to my buddy's house to watch the Bruins lose..[sad] All was not lost though; this followed me home.
9udeze4a.jpg

He bought it in October, sent it in for the recall that the LGS said had been done(it hadnt), and never shot it. I had never seen it, and didn't know it was a bi-tone. He had set the price a week ago, and that was a good deal for all black, who was I to argue [smile]
?
Anyways nice looking piece.

Back
Top Bottom