New Acquisitions May

Made a good deal with another member for a guitar I was selling and ended up with an LRB lower and upper. Got in some parts today and got it together as far as I could with what I had. Going to pick up a CMC trigger when the group buy launches (hopefully soon) and then probably finish it up pretty simple. Figuring 14.5" barrel w/ pinned brake, MOE handguard, thinking maybe a flip-up front sight gas block. Red dot or something. Who knows. Digging the new fixed MOE stocks.

20140501_213321_zpspb5zyjgc.jpg

20140501_213259_zpsqy1yt6ip.jpg

Picked up a pair of S&W 500 Magnums today.The 4 hour drive was well worth it

Damn those are nice. I haven't seen too many 500s with a red dot, that's sweet. I've been dying to shoot the 500. One of these days I will.

Finally tracked down and purchased a brand new Ruger Mark III Hunter. Volquartsen trigger kit and some other misc upgrades are on the way.

RUGER_HUNTER_MKIII.jpg

Also, bought a Tapco Intrafuse kit and some pre-ban 25 round mags for my Ruger 10/22.

TACTICAL_RUGER_10_22.jpg

For the money, I think the Intrafuse stock is great. I got the stock kit and forward grip (not included in kit) both for less than $100 on eBay with shipping. Only downside I see so far is that you have to completely dismantle to clean the rifle. There was a little wiggle in the stock, but once pinned, took most of it out.

Another score this month. My G-Code INCOG holster finally arrived after almost 17 weeks. The wait sucked but the holster is really a well built unit. Fits the gun perfectly and is very comfortable. I am concealing a 1911 so it's not exactly the easiest thing in the world to hide but the holster certainly helps. They also sent a free mag OWB holster because of the extended wait. Works great as well. The mag in the holster and the gun are both newly acquired Chip McCormick 8rd mags I just got as well.

The whole carry rig

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

I have been piecing this baby together since January.
Savage 10FCP McMillan
Leupold Mark4 ERT 6.5-20X50mm FFP TMR
Leupold mark4 rings and bases
Vortex scope level
Karsten Kydex cheek piece
Atlas bipod with quick disconnect

Don't normally post pics of my stuff anymore but thought some would find this interesting.
Model 27-2 with original wood box and accessories. A few minor scratches but otherwise mint, the price was so good I couldn't pass it up.
PIC_0005.jpg

Now to shoot it or stash it.....?

Last edited:
Very nice glad you decided to post it............and at a good price

Now to shoot it or stash it.....? ......However you will enjoy it most.

Does it have a gold bead front sight ?

It does, is that significant? The top strap and top of the barrel are finely checkered as well, to reduce glare I would guess. I'm not to knowledgeable on older S&Ws

The fine checkering has nothing to do with glare reduction (or any other practical purpose). It was done literally to make the revolver look over the top. The model 27 was the absolute Cadillac of S&W revolvers. You picked up a really nice firearm. Enjoy it.

Jealous. This is #1 on my want list.

Another score this month. My G-Code INCOG holster finally arrived after almost 17 weeks. The wait sucked but the holster is really a well built unit. Fits the gun perfectly and is very comfortable. I am concealing a 1911 so it's not exactly the easiest thing in the world to hide but the holster certainly helps. They also sent a free mag OWB holster because of the extended wait. Works great as well. The mag in the holster and the gun are both newly acquired Chip McCormick 8rd mags I just got as well.

The whole carry rig

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

Does it have a gold bead front sight ?
It does, is that significant?

Yes if it was ordered that way is the serial an S or N ?

Back
Top Bottom