New Aquisitions for April 2015

She had a baby 5 months ago? WOW!! My latest (of 4, second marriage) is due in 8 weeks, you gotta PM me her recovery secret!

My wife basically grazed for both of her pregnancies, lots of salads and veggies. It was really noticeable after our second daughter was born, you would not have know she just gave birth and she's tiny so any extra weight would have shown.

Not to diss the gun... but that cat is soo cute!!!! I want it

That cat lived under my shed for over a year, it was wild and aggressive. Then last December it was at my back door, I opened the door and the cat walked in, headbutted all my other cats and now is totally domesticated. It loves everyone....except my wife lol!

Got myself a Citori Crossover Target, the first thing the GF says when she picks it up is "This is too big, I can't shoot this!"

2015-04-16 18.01.09.jpg 2015-04-16 18.00.33.jpg

I think she may have gotten the hint that this might not be something she gets to use.

Continuing to feed the Webley addiction...

Mk V from 1915.

Plus some new custom leather; figured it was time to give my 1960 Model 10 a good home. Got a nice mag pouch for my 1911s as well.

All in all, a nice month so far!

I picked up a VP9. I loved it from the moment I laid eyes on it. Found someone at my club with one & fell madly in love when I got to shoot it. Now to decide if I retire my M&P and shoot the VP9 in IDPA. I need to spend some time getting used to quick mag changes with the trigger guard guard mag release.

An adopted big brother for my P-01...Welcome to the family 75BD. Maybe I can find some pre-bans as pets for you!

View attachment 134725

Nice to see other CZ owners. You got to check gunbroker every once in a while to find prebans like I did. All the prebans are going to be 15 rounders so I just type in "CZ 15 round" and see what comes up.

Just got my polished 75b back from Cajun gun works. Got new sights and the pro action job. The tigger is unreal! Also recently picked up some half checkered cocobolo grips.

View attachment 134728View attachment 134729

Not gun related, but cool enough that I have to share.

It's tiny, but it appears to be legit, and it's been to the surface of the moon (but never left the LM as they only shot color film during the EVA). The goddamn moon.

fdt3y9.jpg

Last edited:
Finished cleaning up the Winchester M1 Carbine I got at the Amoskeag auction. Found a cheap WRA marked stock on eBay and an original Korean War era sling and oiler. Had to file down the front sight to get it zeroed, but we're all set now. Targets are 25 yards setting zero, 25 yards with set zero, and 100 yards.

T

Last edited:
Technically assembled at the end of last month but kinks not worked out till today - 308 SASS build - liking it :) Will post specs in the show me your AR thread.

BeakerSASS_308_0.jpg

BeakerSASS_308_9.jpg

There's less slide to grab, but I'm not sure the stock spring is as heavy as a BHP.

Edit - a quick search sounds like 17lbs on the BHP and 14lbs on a CZ75b.

Sorry, Waaaaayyyy too many cool acquisitions made by a single group of individuals gonna have to come and round em up so i can inspect them [smile]

Are the CZs as hard to rack as a Browning HP?

Never shot a HP but my 75b is very easy to rack. It's just that there isn't as much slide exposed to grab compared to most semi autos. But not difficult by any means.

Fully bitten by the skeet bug, I bought an over under today. Wasn't sure I was going to find one of these since ruger stopped making them, but as luck would have it, found it, bought it.

e64e80c53e1385397fea2ad65818bab6.jpg

fab347b1f4173f9d3957f70dab5d0a4b.jpg

shipwreck - DTOM

One of two bought this month

This has been a slow month (for me); the first week we were in Bogota, Colombia for the baptism of my wife's first granddaughter.

I've only bought 2 guns this month; the first, an all stainless S&W Model 639; in the box, two magazines, all paperwork, remnants of the plastic bag with the factory screwdriver, cleaning rod, bronze brush, etc. After a bit of haggling (they wanted $475 plus tax OTD) and I got it for $425 OTD so I saved $78.50. The other buy, another S&W, a stainless, 1 of 500, 100th Anniversary Model 1911. I dressed it up with a pair of scrimshawed cultured ivory stocks that were a present to me from my ex-wife who is a great scrims hander...

100th_right.jpg

100th_left.jpg

Back
Top Bottom