New Aquisitions for April 2015

This has been a slow month (for me); the first week we were in Bogota, Colombia for the baptism of my wife's first granddaughter.

I've only bought 2 guns this month; the first, an all stainless S&W Model 639; in the box, two magazines, all paperwork, remnants of the plastic bag with the factory screwdriver, cleaning rod, bronze brush, etc. After a bit of haggling (they wanted $475 plus tax OTD) and I got it for $425 OTD so I saved $78.50. The other buy, another S&W, a stainless, 1 of 500, 100th Anniversary Model 1911. I dressed it up with a pair of scrimshawed cultured ivory stocks that were a present to me from my ex-wife who is a great scrims hander...

100th_right.jpg

100th_left.jpg
Beautiful! I wish my ex would give me guns... The cash flows in the opposite direction in our case!

This has been a slow month (for me); the first week we were in Bogota, Colombia for the baptism of my wife's first granddaughter.

I've only bought 2 guns this month; the first, an all stainless S&W Model 639; in the box, two magazines, all paperwork, remnants of the plastic bag with the factory screwdriver, cleaning rod, bronze brush, etc. After a bit of haggling (they wanted $475 plus tax OTD) and I got it for $425 OTD so I saved $78.50. The other buy, another S&W, a stainless, 1 of 500, 100th Anniversary Model 1911. I dressed it up with a pair of scrimshawed cultured ivory stocks that were a present to me from my ex-wife who is a great scrims hander...

100th_right.jpg

100th_left.jpg

She did a good job on that BMW R 1200 Classic

I put a 2" barrel on my Dan Wesson .44 Magnum. Still too big for carry but - KaBoom - loud, fiery, and a true fun gun to shoot!

IMG_1852[1].jpg dw .375 supermag.jpg
finally picked up a BHP, it has a bad home duracoat job, but shoots awesome, good candidate for a refinish. Also found a Dan Wesson 375 supermag monson gun, the turn line is almost non existant. now the hunt for brass/ammmo is on!

View attachment 135363View attachment 135364
finally picked up a BHP, it has a bad home duracoat job, but shoots awesome, good candidate for a refinish. Also found a Dan Wesson 375 supermag monson gun, the turn line is almost non existant. now the hunt for brass/ammmo is on!

Damn! 375 supermag!? Never even heard of that caliber but it sounds badass.

I'm pretty sure the brought them back after discontinuing them for a year or 2, but like everything else, I'm sure the newer ones don't hold a candle to the older ones

they did, then they just announced that they are discontinued again!

They stopped again four months ago says a buddy who works in ruger engineering.

shipwreck - DTOM

Well doesn't that just suck. Guess they're focusing all of their energy on the new mini-14 in .300 blackout.[thinking]

the next one up from my 357 supermag! brass and ammo is almost non existent, as it was never available commercially. Gun was designed to compete IHMSA silhouette .

First "New" gun purchase in a few years for me. I've been wanting a better summer carry for some time.
I hope to dirty it up in the morning.
WP_20150423_005_zpsiwz9hox2.jpg

Apologies for the crappy cellphone picture

Also waiting on UPS to deliver the remaining parts for my latest AR build.

View attachment 135363View attachment 135364

Wow! That 375 supermag is gorgeous! Please post a range report when you find ammo!

First "New" gun purchase in a few years for me. I've been wanting a better summer carry for some time.
I hope to dirty it up in the morning.
WP_20150423_005_zpsiwz9hox2.jpg

Apologies for the crappy cellphone picture

Also waiting on UPS to deliver the remaining parts for my latest AR build.

Let us know your impressions from the LC9S. Was a bit intrigued when I heard they redid the gun and have heard pretty good stuff. Haven't gotten my hands on one yet to see how it feels but they're pretty inexpensive which is a plus.

Let us know your impressions from the LC9S. Was a bit intrigued when I heard they redid the gun and have heard pretty good stuff. Haven't gotten my hands on one yet to see how it feels but they're pretty inexpensive which is a plus.

+1. Inquiring minds need to know. :) and congrats!

Put 150 rounds through the LC9S Pro yesterday. I ammo used was WWB and 147g Winchester Ranger. I had zero feeding or extraction issues. If I did my part, accuracy was pretty good, however, I didn't shoot beyond 30 feet or so.

All in all, I like it. It is a little snappy which is to be expected, but it is manageable. I will say the magazine extension helps considerably. Trigger is "Glock-like" which never bothered me, and it is a LARGE improvement over the long creepy triggers on previous LC9 variants.

I don't have a "proper" holster for this yet, but do have the pocket holster that came with the Crimson Trace, and I was amazed how well those functioned as an impromptu IWB. It conceals nicely (regardless of magazine floor plate). Now I just need to figure out what I want for a real holster.

Hope this helps.

Nice, however What a shame the magazine disconnect fell out. If you don't mind me asking what does a 9e go for?

$345 before tax. I'm sure that'll go down once they start hitting other stores.

Cons: 1 mag only. Cardboard box. Oxide on alloy steel slide (not nitride). Pros (in my mind): No LCI. Fixed sights. Trigger feels decent.

Of course I won't know how it shoots until I get it to a qualified gunsmith to replace that disconnect.

Finished my AR pistol build.
-Spikes factory cerakoted upper and lower
-Spikes BCG
-Spikes NiB trigger
-Midwest Industries buffer and buffer tube/spring
-CMMG lower parts kit
-11" Troy BattleRail
-Magpul grip
-SigTac brace
-BCM charging handle
-Noveske KX5 flaming pig muzzle device
-YHM micro gas block
-YHM 10.5" barrel
-Aimpoint T2 w/Larue mount

Waiting for my stamp to come back for this build. In the meantime, it is a pistol. Also have added Troy battle sights since I took this picture. Cheers!

The Pig- Quite a PITA to get the rail on with a shorter barrel and such a large muzzle device, but it is pretty sweet. I used some left over SureFire shivs to make sure the timing was right to get the Pig up and down...

Last edited:
Good (expensive) weekend for me!
First, purchased my first kayak yesterday - Old Town Dirigo 106 in "Don't Run Me Over With Your Boat on Lake Cochituate" Yellow from Natick Outdoor Store.
IMG_20150425_142447024.jpg

Second, picked up my first shotgun: A Remington 870 Wingmaster at Plymouth today. Fixed MOD choke, date of manufacture in January 2001. Held here by the lovely (and exceptionally patient) Mrs. ADMCD (She's new, too. Well, she's been the Mrs. since October) Can't wait to get it out for clays and hunting this fall.
IMG_20150426_150923921.jpg

Third, mounted a new long eye relief optic on my Mosin Nagant ArchAngel Build. Nothing fancy, but it's miles better than the one that came with the package.

New edition to my small revolver shelf. A pair of Ruger Vaquero 357 Magnum with sequential serial numbers. I'm not sure what I will do with them but I thought they were cool.

583e0a79e480c2d53d995346e6e0e828.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom