New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Welcome, Jonathans! Glad to see you found us. You'll find a bunch of Appleseeders here already (including all four of the instructors from this weekend) but we also have a bunch who are holding out for a shoot "closer to home". I hope you'll help convince them it's worth driving an hour or two, as they don't seem to believe me. [laugh]

well tell 'em nuts to that! my girlfriend is coming up here from long island to come to the april shoot in harvard. six hour drive. we've got nothing to lose but everything, folks.

Welcome Jill. No idea where you live/work, but some ideas:

- Coronado makes leather vests that contain holsters. They are heavy, expensive and very well built. No idea if any models will fit women however. http://www.coronadoleather.com/browse.aspx?c=7&n=498457

- Photog vests will cover IWB/OWB holsters. The Camera Store in Norwood carries some.

- The Cornered Cat has lots of good advice for women. Here are a few URLs that might help you. http://www.corneredcat.com/Practical/closet.aspx http://www.corneredcat.com/TOC.aspx#Holster

- First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge has a good selection of holsters. Not sure if any are suitable for women however. They are a Sponsor here on NES, so you can find their info under the Dealers forum for their business.

Hello Rivethead147,

Glad to see you join in the discussion. Happy to hear of your success in getting your LTC-A. Enjoy!

Welcome all! Vengeance.- My wife is a very petite woman who wears "non-baggy", aka, very tight clothing all the time. It's pretty easy to conceal a weapon on said person given that they pick the right weapon, and don't mind managing the wardrobe accordingly. Skirts are probably the coolest thing that ever happened in terms of concealing handguns. And Jesus I wish I was Scottish somtimes and could get away with wearing a Man Skirt.

I've thought about a leg holster for warmer weather when I'd have more trouble concealing, but I really want to carry at the waist. I'm sure I'll find something, just have to dig deep. And thank you for that mental image of kilts with a gun underneath. [smile]

Welcome Jill. No idea where you live/work, but some ideas:

- Coronado makes leather vests that contain holsters. They are heavy, expensive and very well built. No idea if any models will fit women however. http://www.coronadoleather.com/browse.aspx?c=7&n=498457

- Photog vests will cover IWB/OWB holsters. The Camera Store in Norwood carries some.

- The Cornered Cat has lots of good advice for women. Here are a few URLs that might help you. http://www.corneredcat.com/Practical/closet.aspx http://www.corneredcat.com/TOC.aspx#Holster

- First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge has a good selection of holsters. Not sure if any are suitable for women however. They are a Sponsor here on NES, so you can find their info under the Dealers forum for their business.

Thank you for all of this info, I'll check out the dealers section. I don't think the vests (either type) will work for me - I plan to carry every day, all day, and I'd look mighty silly wearing a vest like those over my clothes every day. I'm going to go get lost in that corneredcat website for a while - muchas gracias!!

Hi everyone, I live in Haverhill, MA. Found this forum while looking for info. on AR-15's. I have been hunting deer for several years but not in this state. I hunt in VT. and Maine.
Got a nice 8 pointer, 140 lbs this past season up in Gorham, Maine. Shot it with my new Henry Big Boy .44Mag. Nice gun.
Got my LTC a few months ago and picked up a very slightly used Beretta 96fs Inox (.40 cal)
I also have a seni-auto 30-06 and a shotgun with a couple of barrels. (bird and slug)
I like to re-load my ammo and shoot for fun. I have a buddy up in Maine that has been taking personal protection training so he has been picking up empty brass by the buckets. He gets .45 acp, .40 S&W, and 9 mm. because of this I have about 4k of empty casings in .40 S&W to reload. I am a busy guy!

Anyways, I have been reading quite a few of the posts and feel that this is a great place to be. Hope to interact with you guys and gals.

Hi!

Hi All; I have been enjoying this site for some time. I figured it was about time to join the fun. I am a prisoner in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts and can't wait to escape. Soon I hope! I enjoy all types of shooting activities (big and small) and am a long time member of the NRA and GOAL.
This site is great. There are a lot of really bright people that are happy to help others. Oh, and some of the stuff is an absolute riot. It is some of the best entertainment around.
I will be going green very soon.

New & looking for advice

Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker on this site for months now but I finally joined now that I have a LTC-A w/o restrictions in hand. [smile] The application process (Stoneham) was straightforward and handled very professionally by the responsible detective. I had my license within 3 weeks of submitting my package.

I'll post my newbie questions in the appropriate forums.

J

FNG reporting in!

Morning folks. I was referred to his site by one of your members of questionable character, so I will withold his name until I know I won't be judged by him![rofl]

I am from Albuquerque NM, but am currently a migrant worker up here in Mansfield MA.

Being a old Vietnam Vet, I often miss the camaraderie of those days gone by.

I think people get along much better when everyone in the group has a loaded weapon![rofl]

And now that I live in The Republik of Massachusetts, I need to learn the stupid, liberal-assed gun laws up here if I want to get back into shooting!

Nice sight, and it looks like I should get a membership here as well.

Cheers!

Sky, don't go getting me in trouble with what I think of women, I can get myself into enough of that kind of trouble on my own. I don't mess with PackingunGal, she's a better shot than I am.

Hi everyone, I saw this thread and figured it to be a good place to start. I got my LTC A unrestricted 10-'07 but I waited until this month to buy my first pistol, a Glock 23. I'm just waiting for a call from the BOD of the club I'm trying to join so I can put some rounds downrange. I also study Kempo and Muso Jikiden Eishin-Ryu Iaijustsu or the art of drawing and cutting with the katana. I'm glad to be here among like-minded people.

Don

Back
Top Bottom