New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Well herro,
My name's Chris I work at Harvard University on the InfoSec team. I've been shooting since i was about 9 or 10. I recently got my LTC-A in Mass so I'm fairly new to personal gun ownership. I've also started reloading my own ammo b/c its so damn hard to find most of the time. I was researching gun laws and whatnot and stumbled across NES by mistake.

No mistake - sounds like you found us by good luck :)
Great people, awesome knowledge, join in the discussions and Enjoy!!!

Another New-ish Addition

Hi All,

My name is Nick. I live in Somerville. Got my LTC-A ALP a couple of years ago when I first started shooting (well, got T&H for the first year but convinced the Captain that I was OK for ALP after that). Was urged by both my boss and a friend or two (friends that live out of state in more free states like VA) to get the license. Fired my first gun in the Fall of '06 and am slowly getting better.

I probably fall into the category of "none of the Bill of Rights shall be abridged under any circumstances" though my political views are somewhat all over the map, but leaning Libertarian. The few that know I carry generally are ok with it (though they are somewhat strong Lefties) but one or two are a little freaked by it (including one friend whom I've known for 20+ years).

Anyway, I've been lurking about for about a year and a half and now just posting for the first time (other than in the Classifieds). So... hello!

And I'll also add that I will be at the Appleseed out in Harvard this April. Just put Tech-Sights on my 10/22 LTR and looking forward to becoming a Rifleman.

nick

Last edited:
Hello. I joined the site a week or two ago. I applied for my LTC-A in Somerville 3 weeks ago today.

I've been doing a lot of research and what gun to buy, so I'm antsy to get the LTC so i can get one and get out to the range. From what I've heard it could come as early as today or as late as 3 more weeks from now.

I'll post when I get it, and hopefully I'll be able to get to some events with you guys.

Hello all, I found the site through a friend and several co-workers who talk regularly about NES or simply "The Forums".

Started looking at the classifieds and then realized that there was quite a wealth of information in the forums themselves.

Long overdue intro here. Moved to Mass. from suburban NY in the mid '70's and have been into guns ever since. Spent many years as a reserve/intermittant LEO. Also held a 01 FFL for a long time. In the 90's I put the gun hobby aside to pursue other interests. Last year my son-in-law got his LTC which sparked my interest again. Really enjoy this forum. Ed

New to owning guns in Mass.

Hi,

I'm a Mass. transplant. I find the gun laws in Mass. the most ridiculous I've ever seen. Is there a key to getting your LTC?

Kind Regards,

Pete

Welcome, Pete!!

Key? I dunno, maybe one of these...

Cartoon_Keys.jpg

Hi All

I've been a member about a week, and just got around to finding this particular thread. I've heard a lot about this site from a co-worker, and was actually invited by a member of United States Marine Corps Together We Served (Thanx for the heads up Derek). I'm just getting back into shooting after being away for about 10 years or so. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy the sport for years to come without any governmental interference.

Hello, my name is Dana I'm from Effingham NH, I've been shooting and hunting since I was eight with my first .22. Latley I've been inheriting alot of different rifles and pistols, so me and a couple friends are starting to get into reloading and thats how i found this sight. One of these guns is a .33 winchester that I'm interested in making some rounds for to have on hand....so if any one has any advice I'd appreciate it!

Hi, my name is John and I live on the North Shore in Mass. I have been away from shooting for awhile and recently decided to get back into the hobby. I have been reading the posts on this site for the last few months and decided to register. Well, glad to be here.

Back
Top Bottom