New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

New member intro

Hello, I’m Steve from Lakeville, MA. I did some shooting with my dad when I was a kid but I haven’t done anything in many years. I recently got my LTC-A and I’m now getting back into it with my son. A friend and NES member suggested that I check out the website and it’s outstanding. I’m looking forward to learning a lot from the experienced shooters.

Hello, I’m Steve from Lakeville, MA. I did some shooting with my dad when I was a kid but I haven’t done anything in many years. I recently got my LTC-A and I’m now getting back into it with my son. A friend and NES member suggested that I check out the website and it’s outstanding. I’m looking forward to learning a lot from the experienced shooters.

Welcome Steve, Glad you are getting back on the horse..

My name is Eric and I’ve been a MA LTC-A holder since ’99. I live in the Merrimack Valley and like to shoot handguns, rifles and shotguns. I’ve been a member of GOA, GOAL and the Lowell Sportsmen’s Club for almost 10 years. I also recently became a member at the American Firearms School and NES.

Can anyone point me to the post/thread that contains the long list of firearms-related abbreviations? In reading these threads I've come across a lot of jargon that I need to look up. That glossary is a handy reference for newbies. I'd suggest the mods consider it for "stickyness" if it isn't already stickied.

Hello everyone, my name is Scott and I live in Westfield, MA. I just passed my safety course and will be applying for my licencse next month (March). My buddy Joe "Kiver" told me about this site and I look forward to learning as much as I can.

New User

Hello, all. My name is Eric. I live in Central MA and will be applying for my Class A LTC in the coming weeks (just passed the basic pistol course yesterday). As a newbie that knew jack about nothing, I have found the information on this site to most informative about many topics including the gun laws in MA and the process to obtain a license. Looking forward to learning more.

Hey all, I've been lurking around for a little while waiting for my LTC to come thru. I got it. This place is great and seems to have alot of good info. Cant wait to start asking some stupid questions. I try the search first.

Hello all, I'm sort of new. Been carrying for a year and have 1 or 2 posts. Used to frequent concealcarryforum.com but this is way better, plus it's local. People seem to be more "normal" also haha. I'm still laughing at the motivational thread. I'm on the south shore and a memer of the Hanson Rod & Gun club as well as Braintree Pistol and Rifle.

Welcome Hanson and Martin Liberty.

Thank you both for joining in and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hello everyone,

I've been following this site for the past few months while I applied for a LTC, got my A last week, picked my first firearm at FS today, a M&P40. Just wanted to officially say hi and thanks for all the information from the helpful posts.

HI GUYS,

I just found this site last month when I was searching for C&R stuff. I live in Pennsylvania - in the middle of nowhere - in an area with more cows than people, or so it seems. Living in the country all my life, I've grown up with guns of all types and never had to worry about where to shoot, what to shoot, and, thanks to my father and grandfathers, how to shoot properly. I'm raising my boy with the same philosophy. I've always hunted, do a lot of target shooting with rifles and handguns, and used to do LOTS of sporting clays. My new interests are C&R guns and reloading. I'm new to both. With a wife and kid and, unfortunately, a small budget, I'm looking to save money, while still keeping my shooting habit going. (You can never have too many guns or enough ammo.) The info I have found here on this forum has been very informative and helpful. (THANKS LenS, by the way, for the info on the cheap Systema source being an old link before I attempted to place an order!!)

SO - FROM THE MIDDLE OF PA - HELLO AND HAPPY SHOOTIN'

Deadhead, where did you shoot clays? We used to go down your way once or twice a summer and shoot Rock Mountain. We tried a bunch of other clubs as well but Rock was the best. Lehigh Valley and Dyberry are two that I remember. BTW welcome.

Hello I live in Westfield, MA and was wondering how hard it is to get a LTC-A. I believe Westfield is a "Green" city. If anyone is from Westfield and has recently applied and was granted a LTC-A I would love to hear from you. Look forward to any info that's available.

THANKS!!

Hello rsl5150 and animal8526

Glad you both found the board. Great people, tons of knowledge, have some fun and join in the discussions.

Hey everyone,

my name is Greg and ive been following the NES forum for about a week now. i live in franklin, have my FID (cause im 20) but hopefully looking to get a class A-LTC in june...and im also looking foreward to getting some input from everyone here, and eventually contribute what i know.

got some questions on what my FID limits me to buy, and ive been looking at the Mass gun laws left and right. eventually i want to get a sig 5.56. I've been down to first defense in uxbridge, (thanks to NES) and met Dennis. A guy there was picking up his new MA compliant 5.56 and i caught "the bug". i was wondering if u need ur class A/B to get one instead of just an FID, and also reasons supporting. if anyone can help me out id really apreciate it. Thanks everyone!

-Greg

Hello and welcome Greg,

I am not familar enough with what the FID would cover for purchasing - specific to your question I will let someone with the correct answer chime in.

Welcome, Greg.

You should check the Gun Laws forum as there's a LOT of info there, but basically, the answer is that you need a minimum of an LTC Class B for an AR-15 of any sort.

FID - non-large cap rifles and shotguns. (10 rounds or less for rifles, 5 or less for shotties, I think - not 100%sure on the shotgun capacity)

LTC- B - large cap rifles and shotguns, low cap handguns - 10 rds or less.

LTC-A - large cap rifles, shotguns & handguns.

"green card" - full auto stuff.

Hey John,

Another competitive shooter joins the crew at NES. Enjoy the board and welcome!

Last edited:
Hi folks,

I'm J.T. I recently returned to the U.S. after years (and years) of working overseas in countries that make private gun ownership impossible for expatriates.

So, I have some lost time to make up!

I'm anticipating a potential job offer in Boston proper, while eyeballing the green areas on the Mass. map, if not Southern New Hampshire, as a place to park myself and the family.

Reading the Mass. gun laws is giving me a migraine, but I'm motivated to wade through them.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards,

J.T.

Back
Top Bottom