New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Finally went green

Just wanted to say hello as a green member. Look forward to the group shoots. Just wanted to say Hi. Steve from North Attleboro

Hi all. My name is Larry, I live in Abington, and I saw a link to this website somewhere and clicked on it, and been here a lot since. Saw glockguy 17's karma post and immediately went green to be considered for his ticket to Independence Day Shoot.
I grew up in a gun loving family and have been around them all my life. Since joining the other day I have met a member and done a FTF purchase. Great guy BTW. (BCEagleAce)
Don't want to say my age, but more years are behind me than ahead of me. So glad to be in here with you folks. Sorry I missed that time on Buttermilk Bay last weekend.

Hey Everyone,

I am new here. I just got my LTC-A in Peabody, MA last month. Purchasing my first gun today: P226 .40, hope its a good choice! My father in PA is also sending me a Ruger MKIII that I can use for cheap target practice.

I'm buying the P226 brand new with nightsites, total is going to be about $850 after taxes... I think its a pretty standard price for that gun. Since it is a .40, I want to find some cheaper ammo for it when target shooting at the range. The gun shop has boxes of 50 for around 18.99, seems a little steep to me, do the Dicks or Walmarts around here sell handgun ammo? If so what would be a good price for boxes of .40 ammo?

Thanks all!
-Mike

Hello all, I'm Dan from Cape Cod. I just got into shooting a little over a year ago. I grew up in a house where anything gun related was strictly forbidden, but inherited a couple old .22 rifles when a grand parent was put in a retirement home. I took the safety course and after shooting for the first time I decided it was something I definately wanted to get better at. Now I spend my free time combing the internet for "cool gun stuff" and wishing the weather was nicer so I could go to the range!

New year, new name

Ok, I'm not new, exactly... I've been posting here for the past year or so as "ChrisFromMA", and have finally grown tired of my old handle. Not that I have a problem with the "Chris" part, but I don't like to be reminded that I'm stuck in the PRM every time I see my name. (That, plus the fact that my preferred handle choice was originally taken, but seems to have since become available.)

Anyway, same guy, new name, and looking forward to another [STRIKE]profitable[/STRIKE] expensive year of shooting with y'all! [grin]

Cheers,
Chris (still from MA [sad])

Hi- I'm John, age 43, I live in North Kingstown, RI. I found NES while perusing cralri.com. I joined NES and GOAL recently. I grew up in rural Tennessee surrounded by guns, hunting and shooting. I got my first Marlin .22 rifle when I was 12. I moved to New England in 1995 and pretty much stopped shooting. I sold my S&W 5906 when I moved to Boston because it wasn't legal to own! That really shocked me since I'd never been exposed to such laws, having grown up in a place where it would be weird NOT own (multiple) guns.

I moved to RI from Boston 6 years ago, and recently was bitten again by the "gun bug". I went on a spending spree (much to my wife's chagrin) recently! I bought a new Glock 21, a Browning 22 target pistol, a cheap Mossberg 20 gauge pump, a Savage .223, and, my crowning glory, a Bushmaster AR-15 in .450 (from a fellow NES-er, transaction in progress!)

Now that my spending jag is over, I have to find somewhere to shoot everything!

John

welcome!! [laugh] it's a great group to be a part of-- lots of good folks here!

hey-- i thought about changing my handle too, but some fellow NES'rs changed my mind [grin]

Howdy! My name is Rick, and I'm posting from the Bangor area up in Maine. I'm 36 and have been shooting (on and off) since I was six years old. Most of the "off" part was while in the Navy, stationed out in San Diego. Thankfully I'm back home again now where I can hunt and shoot recreationally on plenty of unregulated, family-owned land.

I was clued in to this site by member lord1234 via another forum we both frequent, and can't thank him enough for pointing the way. I've enjoyed reading through the posts here so far, and as soon as my "fun budget" recovers from a couple of recent firearm/ammo purchases, you can bet I'll be supporting the site.

This is probably the most you'll see me type out at once for a while. I tend to listen a lot more than I talk - I've found over the years that it's invariably the best way to learn. [grin]

Great Site

Hi all,
I'm a 32yr old male from Newton, MA. I spent four years in the Corps as an infantryman and am now a civilian employee for the DoD. I found this site by accident (so glad I did) whle doing some research for my Class A LTC Application. I applied one week ago on St Patty's day and should hopefully hear something in the next few weeks. I have no criminal record, served in combat in Iraq, and work for the Feds. In my opinion if I can't get a unrestricted class A then Newton defenitly has even more issues than I thought. Since discovering this site I have probably logged 3hrs a day reading through all the post, this site is jammed full of so much good info. I can't wait to start shooting again and be an active member of this community. I plan on buying the following firearms as soon as I get my license.

AR-15 A3 with a FSC556 muzzle break
Sig P226 or S&W MP 9mm not sure which one yet
Benelli tactical M-4 Super 90
Remington 700 SS 5R Mil Spec .308
or Remington 700 Tactical Target Rifle .308
Leupold Mark 4 LR/T M3 3.5 - 10x40mm

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome 2/1Marine! I live in Newton myself and got the restricted. Apparently it's not impossible to get unrestricted but they want 'a good reason'. In Mass that means "the applicant has good reason to fear injury to his person or property". Did they give you the four-page guidance document on how to fill out the application? Let me know how it goes.

New

Hello everyone, just stubled upon this post....but my name is Cory Bastine, I am from Leominster MA...just turned 21 and decided to get my Class A LTC. I am still very new with owning guns, and shooting guns, so if anyone wants to help me out on purchasing a good gun for someone that is brand new to the whole world that would be awesome! Thank you all

Greetings,

I'm John from Franklin, Mass. I'm a former law enforcement Ranger with the National Park Service and now a laid off DHL teamster driver. I googled FA10 forms and it brought up this site with a ton of information and really good people. I dropped 19 dollars on the spot and am glad to be a member of such a good forum. I just posted a new thread called gun inheritance...fa10 form...newbee question. God Bless the USA. Thanks again.

Last edited:
New in town...

Hello everyone,I'm Tony and I'm from Marshfield.I don't shoot as much as I would like, but I'm working on it $$$ I want to start by saying what an excellent site this is! A HUGE amount of information and nice people. I am in the process of expanding my limited inventory and your MGL info is very helpful. As I am on a budget like alot of folks, I'm very intrigued by places like gunbroker.com et.al
I realize the topic is discussed ad nauseum, but I found an out of state used USP 45 with a 1995 mnftr ser.# and 10 round mags on gunbroker.com
Are there any FFL's in MA who will do this transfer?

Thanks !
Tony

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting have been reading for a few weeks now. I am a 25 year old female from Marlborough, MA. Name is Danielle but everyone calls me Danbo... I took my safety course back in January and just applied a few weeks ago for my Class A LTC. It should be another 2 weeks before it comes in if everything goes as planned. I am looking forward to shooting with my boyfriend (Kid Presentable on here) and my roommates who also have their LTC's and have caught the shooting bug.

I have also introduced shooting to my mother and younger sister who will be taking part of the GOAL Women on Target event in Millis coming up May 30th.

Hope to post more as I browse around a bit more.

<3

Hello Danbo,

A family that shoots together is a family that stays together.
Glad you found us here and best of luck on the LTC process.

Back
Top Bottom