New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello, Just wanted to say hello!I live in plymouth Ma.I registered recently,after finding the this great website on the net.I've already met and spoken to a few great people,and I think the sites great, and I'm having alot of fun.Ive been shooting and collecting firearms for twenty eight years.

Thank's

Last edited:
Welcome Ralph Kramden!
Alice: What am I supposed to tell my mother when you're not here?
Ralph: I don't care. Tell her I ran off and joined the circus.
Alice: What as, an elephant?

Welcome M.A.G and LE/070!!

Checking in

Hello everyone.
I took Jon Green's basic pistol course 2 weeks ago and on his suggestion have joined Northeastshooters.
What a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for putting this together.
First learned to shoot a long time ago at scout camp, and have been shooting off and on since then.
I live in Watertown and plan to apply for my LTC-A. Will post some questions elsewhere for advice. Seems from what little I have already read here that I may have some difficulty getting it issued for ALP.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

My name is Mark, I'm in upstate NY. I've been lurking for a little while now but I'm ready to start participating and asking some questions. My goals here? Besides maybe meet some good people, gain some knowledge. I don't own anything more than a Ruger 10 22, but I'm looking to both upgrade AND build a target rifle out of the .22. So let the dumb questions begin I guess (my questions). Mark.

Howdy do all. Posted my first post in one of the Appleseed threads and then saw this introductory thread.

Soooooo...been lurking here for a little while. I'm pretty active over at The Firing Line (with the same handle), but wanted a more local forum to hang out in. Looks like I've found the right place.

I shoot mostly handguns and have just started to get into rifles. Hoping to learn and contribute in any way I can.

CJ

Hello everyone. I joined up a while ago but never posted, just lurked here reading all the informative threads.

I figured I would start posting more now that I'm going to finally get into shooting/hunting. Just finished a hunters education course and before that a firearm safety course. Next month I will apply for a LTC and see what happens from there.

Love the site.

Hello! I'm Hayley, Jasper's wifey! I've been shoot for about 3 or 4 months now and I'm really enjoying it! I live with Jasper in Saugus MA.

I just joined up here last night! A lot of my friends and even Jasper said the I should check it out and that that I can learn a lot! Well that what I want! To learn!

I really don't know much about guns except how to shoot them and I really want to know more!

I'm glad to be here!

Great to have you here HaleSparks.
You have come to the right place - great people with a ton of knowledge.
Enjoy and be safe.

Wow... I blink and look at all the newbies joining us. Welcome, folks. Come on in and have a beer. [beer]

My name is Mark, I'm in upstate NY. I've been lurking for a little while now but I'm ready to start participating and asking some questions. My goals here? Besides maybe meet some good people, gain some knowledge. I don't own anything more than a Ruger 10 22, but I'm looking to both upgrade AND build a target rifle out of the .22. So let the dumb questions begin I guess (my questions). Mark.

Hey, Mark, why not bring that 10/22 to the Appleseed Shoot in Throop, NY in a few weeks? If you do, I'll see you out there.

Wow... I blink and look at all the newbies joining us. Welcome, folks. Come on in and have a beer. [beer]

Hey, Mark, why not bring that 10/22 to the Appleseed Shoot in Throop, NY in a few weeks? If you do, I'll see you out there.

Wow, and that's the same weekend as the Syracuse gun show, not that far away, 45 mins from my house... Hmmm, what to tell the wife.

Hi guys and gals!

Been out of the sport for awhile but looking to get back in. When I last competed I enjoyed practical matches. I would really like to try some 2 and 3 gun shoots. It seems though that we don't have many around here.

In the process of finishing an AR build. Will post pics when done. What a PIA learning all the rules for MA builds. I have not been able to find a condensed post on that.

Oh.....and as soon as my acct was approved here I sent in $19 for going green. You guys seem to really have a great community from the reading I have done over last few days!

Wow, and that's the same weekend as the Syracuse gun show, not that far away, 45 mins from my house... Hmmm, what to tell the wife.

Tell her that instead of going to the gun show to buy guns, both of you are going to a shoot to learn how to shoot them and to learn some history in the bargain... and she shoots for free, remember![smile]

EDIT: just found out that the shoot SOLD OUT. Check this thread going forward for more information, though.

Hi my name is Keri and I'm a gunowner.....oh sorry wrong introduction speech.

I couldn't take being a Lurker any longer and had to join in on the fun. I could not withstand the peer pressure any longer, and so after many many years of soothing my desires with Sordid tales of Shotgun Lust, I..I.. I recently contracted the dreaded Black rifle fever and a serious case of handgun mania. All of which is completely curable according to my wife.

All kidding aside, for the next few lines at least, I want to thank you all for providing what seems to be a regionally pertinent and intellectually challenging enviornment to discuss the hobby I have embraced for most of my life. I hope I can bring something to the group that was not here before, and give more than I take.

thanks for reading,
KERI Smolinsky
Yes I know "thats a girls name" , but as I told the Junoir Miss Ct. pagent on the application the sent me, I'm 6ft tall and have a 19in neck and look just dreadfull in a bikini.

Yes I know "thats a girls name" , but as I told the Junoir Miss Ct. pagent on the application the sent me, I'm 6ft tall and have a 19in neck and look just dreadful in a bikini.
Welcome, Keri!

I'm not sure I have the balls to put up the "this thread is useless without pix" smiley after that intro. [smile]

However, I'm SURE that Blitz1 would appreciate that picture!

New to NES

Hi folks; great website! I stumbled upon it while searching for looking for a dealer near me.

My background: U.S. Army military police, 1985-1988 with the good ol' M1911-A1
Metrowest police department, special police officer, 1988-1997; acquired two revolvers (S&W model 13 and model 65) and two pistols (Ruger Mark III and an Astra Constable)

Permitted for ALP under the now-ancient process.

The sweetened-condensed version: 1997-2000 New York, 2000-2003 South Dakota, 2003-2006 Alaska (Hooray, Open Carry; No Permit!), 2006-2007 Utah all with the Air Force.

Nov 2003-Mar 2004: Balad Iraq. Baretta M-9 No ammunition though; my cowardly commander kept it all for himself. I'd follow that guy anywhere. NOT! Had to get rounds from my friend (who split his three ways). Now, *there's* a true leader

Returned to Mass in 2007. Did the big "WTF-Over?" about the new gun laws. Certainly wasn't what I left. Had to take a Mass-specific safety course. Nothing in my past qualified...the good news is my town very Class-A friendly. The instructor (from the PD) encourages everyone who qualifies to get one; and why not, the cost is the same.

My biggest hang up: I won't be able to purchase a seemingly ordinary revolver (like the Ruger Lightweight, Compact Revolver) because it's isn't on some g-d lawyer's list of approved firearms and who knows when it might be... I ran into Rep. George Peterson recently and thanked him for filing a bill for us law-abiding gun owners...

-mg

Back
Top Bottom