New Hampshire grace period

When moving to NH is there a grace period to register your firearms two pistols in particular?

lmao [rofl]

Massachusetts moonbattery

There is NO registration in a free state

You don't need to do a damn thing......if you "want" to carry concealed, apply for your shall issue Pistol & Revolver License at your local PD

Welcome... you don't have to register your firearms. If you want to carry concealed just get P&R license. They have it to give it to you or deny you in 14 days. Help us keep it NH free.

Was that you pulling the PRM sick out??

All the info has already been posted. Side info is you can buy guns from individuals without going through a FFL, or doing any of the retarded things you're supposed to do in PRM. Long guns, no requirements. Pistols, if you don't know the person (no spec's on how well/long you know the person) you should see a P&R license from them to be sure they're not a PP.

Welcome to a free state. As already mentioned, help us to KEEP it free by leaving all the fuddery and moonbattery behind in the PRM. Now, go get one of those extra-killy evil black rifles with all the features you're not allowed to have in PRM... [rofl2]

and while it is NOT required by law, there are people that just feel better about going through a background check, especially if it is an unknown person, I will do "in state" single firearm transfers between private buys for $15.

If it is more convenient to drop the firearm off because you can't find a decent time to meet up, I can take possession and perform the transfer when the buyer is picking up.

Again, not required ONLY if the seller chooses this route and no, I don't expect I'll be doing too many of these ;)

lmao [rofl]

Massachusetts moonbattery

There is NO registration in a free state

You don't need to do a damn thing......if you "want" to carry concealed, apply for your shall issue Pistol & Revolver License at your local PD

This x100

A good friend, retired MA LEO & FFL moved to NH and possesses machine guns. He went to local NH PD to find out what license he needed for the mgs . . . they told him none, just take them out and shoot them! [thumbsup] [rockon]

This x100

A good friend, retired MA LEO & FFL moved to NH and possesses machine guns. He went to local NH PD to find out what license he needed for the mgs . . . they told him none, just take them out and shoot them! [thumbsup] [rockon]

Surprised they didn't ask to come along to enjoy them too.

and while it is NOT required by law, there are people that just feel better about going through a background check, especially if it is an unknown person, I will do "in state" single firearm transfers between private buys for $15.

If it is more convenient to drop the firearm off because you can't find a decent time to meet up, I can take possession and perform the transfer when the buyer is picking up.

Again, not required ONLY if the seller chooses this route and no, I don't expect I'll be doing too many of these ;)

That's a good price Deuce.

Just a quick note on purchases: For private sales of handguns then the person has to be "personally known" to you or they must have a P&R license. I don't think the "personally known" requirement applies to long guns but I've never done one of those with a private party in NH (only been here for a little over 2 years.)

Ammo and mags are totally unregulated.

The only caveat, of course, is that you can't be a "prohibited person", e.g. felon-in-possession, etc.

The most common thing new NH folks do is get their P&R license. Download the form from the NH gov website. Complete the application and drop it off. No photographs, driver's licenses, phone numbers, fingerprints or doctor's notes are requirement; in fact, it's specifically unlawful for the issuing authority to require this unless you (the applicant) request it.

Don't worry, OP. It's not just MA residents who've been brainwashed; even people living in relatively free states believe they have their guns "registered" or "in my name", when there is no such thing.

The truth is, gun registration is extremely rare. Not even Massachusetts has gun registration. Yes, I said that: MA has a record of purchases, but that's not the same thing as registration. Pennsylvania and Washington also have purchase records that are sometimes mistaken for "registration", but in those states, just like MA, it's possible to legally own a gun without the government having any record of it.

The only states with full gun registration are California and Hawaii, plus the District of Colombia (and possibly NYC; I'm not sure about registering long guns in the city).

Handgun-only registration is found in Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, and New York State, plus some locales like Clark County (Las Vegas) Nevada, and Durham Couny, North Carolina.

TV cop dramas tell us that as soon as the coroner recovers a slug from a corpse, the feds can trace the gun to a dealer in Virginia and tell the local police who the "registered owner" is. It's more television BS.

Isn't CT making people register certain types of firearms and their magazines now??

Yes, but we're in NH. [wink]

FWIW, and back to topic, there is no grace period, per RSA, about concealed carry. I suppose one who moved from another state and continued to carry concealed using their NH NR license could be in hot water since they're now technically a new NH resident, therefore invaliding the NR license.

Just a quick note on purchases: For private sales of handguns then the person has to be "personally known" to you or they must have a P&R license. I don't think the "personally known" requirement applies to long guns but I've never done one of those with a private party in NH (only been here for a little over 2 years.)

Code:
Checking someone's P&R license is just something most of us do when it's someone we don't personally know. The "licensed herein" in Section 159:14 refers to having a state license to sell firearms (Section 159:8).

Checking someone's P&R license is just something most of us do when it's someone we don't personally know. The "licensed herein" in Section 159:14 refers to having a state license to sell firearms (Section 159:8).

That is interesting. I always thought the same as mikem317, but what you are saying makes sense. What is interesting is that they don't specify a license to sell, just "a person licensed under this chapter". Both a license to sell and a license to carry are in Section 159.

Back
Top Bottom